Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 02-26-2014, 06:32 PM   #1
Judge_Dre

Judge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticed
Default Are the couple on weight loss shows in denial of their true feelings?

Being the extreme fat admirer that I am, I often watch My 600 Pound Life. In many episodes I see obese people unwilling to change lifestyle to lose weight and even their partners resistant to make changes as well. The fat people are often labeled as being manipulative over their partners and their partners likewise being called enablers. It occurred to me the other day that maybe some of these couples are in fact in feeder/feedee relationships and might not even know it. What do you guys think? Are there couples out there who if exposed to a positive image of the weight gain lifestyle may benefit from accepting their true nature and be happy with themselves instead of conforming to a standard everyone else wants of them?
Judge_Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

One of the more recent episodes was pretty clearly a relationship where Christina had an unhealthy relationship with food and her husband was a feeder who put that interest before her happiness.

So no, I don't think that it's a matter of "hiding true feelings" so much as it's a multifaceted issue that deserves to be looked at with something other than sexual interest (or the one-sided pity and distaste for fat people in general evident in such shows).

Last edited by Blackjack; 02-26-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:22 AM   #3
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hell, Christina's husband is like a little swamp clone version of Dan Weiss, and we all know it.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:07 AM   #4
veggieforever
High Carb Low Fat Vegan

veggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
(or the one-sided pity and distaste for fat people in general evident in such shows).
I love this show and deeply enjoy tuning into it. I would never say "distaste" or "pity" are feelings I have ever experienced while watching, these individuals have issues - we all do. I experience deep concern for their future and the hope that they will be able to save their own lives by losing the weight. I love seeing people regain control in their lives and begin to live again. That is a joy to me. These super high weight extremes are not healthy in the slightest - as educated adults we know this - I love and prefer a partner with meat on her bones (Golden Creamy BBW is just gorgeous!! Thick Sundaes in Las Vegas is a fantasy destination of mine!), however, I cannot condone any person being bed bound by their weight as I feel that is no life for anyone to live. The denial I often see are in the super morbidly obese person trying to make themselves believe their weight is healthy, their health unaffected and their quality of life normal/high. How often this view completely alters once or as the weight is shed. Dignified human functions such a toileting on your own should not be impossibilities. Being dependent on someone to function on even the most basic of human levels is not something to aspire to IMHO. I will always be an advocate for health, vitality, independence and hope in ALL situations of life. I mean, would we support someone who enjoyed his/her partner getting thinner and thinner through starvation and weight loss? No way we wouldn't. That would shock us all. The thought shakes me to my core. It's the same thing in reverse to me. Its life limiting and imminently deadly if not remedied promptly. I am not saying someone should be slim. Fat, realistically, up to a point is healthy just as slim up to a certain point is healthy. I just have so much concern for people like these individuals on My 600lb Life and also British girls like Georgia Davies (60st or 840lbs at 19 years old) as I feel they have so much amazing potential, so much wisdom through lessons learned as well as courage, strength and determination through adversity and their lives are going to wrack and ruin when they could be so much more.