Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 09-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #51
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My mother simply doesn't believe me. Which is interesting considering that me and my 450lb boyfriend have been together over a year.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:55 AM   #52
Kraban.~

Kraban.~ has said some nice things

My parents and I have always been the athletic types, my mother is one of those thin athletic health nuts, the always gives you a health tip, tells you what you should eat on which type of moon shape to improve this and that... to which I've taken the smile and nod attitude.

So when I told them about my preference,my dad was fine with it, not specifically asking questions, just respecting my words. But my mother was just... blend, very flat in her response, as if uninterested and not feeling part of the discussion, and has never really given me anything to work with since about the topic.
I have this tendency to feel like I need to resolve all issues, but I never bring this up because i don't really know what to do, what to say.
Kraban.~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #53
shy guy
Monkey Trumpets

shy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 club

My folks really don't care nor do they understand.
shy guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #54
hunkofburninglove

hunkofburninglove has said some nice things
Default Going through it again

I married my ex, a ssbbw at 27...At the time I endured minimal flak...one night after being quite intoxicated my father remarked that my new date at the time was er...ummm...fat. It was an awkward moment which I had no clever response for But as our marriage progressed and we had two kids, I received more or less nothing from my parents in regards to her weight. I'm sure privately it bothered them. My mother would make the odd comment on how my ex's health was in jeopardy.

The ex had WLS and cosmetic surgery over time and is no longer a ssbbw. But our separation is proving to be difficult.

I have recently started dating again and have found an amazing woman who besides being potentially everything I need as a great friend and lover, is a lovely ssbbw. I haven't introduced her to them...nor the kids yet as the separation is fairly new and some things have to be worked out.

I mentioned to my parents from time to time point blank..."I like fat women." Its never acknowledged...nor does it really need to be...but I put it out there.

I do have a fear they may want to judge the new girl negatively. Maybe thinking she'll be the same disaster my ex was and all on maybe an unconscious association off body size and the bad characteristics that defined the ex...who knows what exactly.

Its almost as if my parents are so glad Im getting out of a bad marriage to a woman who was fat. And they may assume my new love is the same kind of 'bad' person because she is fat too? If that makes sense?
hunkofburninglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #55
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I never "came out" to my parents, and never discussed the issue in any way. I just dated who I wanted to date. It didn't take them long to figure out what my type was, of course. Mom was a bbw, kind of a self loathing one, but she never projected that onto any of the women I introduced her to. Dad liked bbws, and he approved of my taste in women. lol
Old 02-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #56
y2kboris1

y2kboris1 can now change their title

My gf is only about 190 lbs. soo I don't think that qualifies her as a true full blown bbw, but all the same, she is bigger than most girls. My family is kind of strange in that respect. My Dad, Stepdad, and my Grandfather have never said anything derisive towards larger women, however the fact that they all got divorced (except my Stepdad) kinda speaks for itself. As for my uncles only one of them got divorced from my Aunt and was ever so harsh with her about becoming fat as she aged, and had my cousins. I have never heard my Stepdad say anything derisive about my Mom; if anything I know he loves her, vice versa and they get along. My Mom and sister are infected with the same mentality. They aren't hostile towards people who are fat, however being overweight themselves they are constantly trying to lose weight and getting others to do the same (pretty much their whole lives). My Mom in the past has tried to hook me up with numerous girls who were acquaintances of friends and family; daughters of co-workers, usually athletic, thin, nubile, etc. I can think of at least 3 or 4 different scenarios where this has happened. Every time I wasn't biting, and whenever we watch TV, movies, or the like together my Mom is like "Wow! look at that one! Isn't she pretty?", to which I always give her the dry expression and the cold shoulder. If she (or THEY) haven't figured it out by now I don't think there's anything I'll ever be able TO do to make them understand. From the moment my Mom met my current gf, she's been accepting of her from Day 1 and treated like a daughter, so at this point I doubt she has many objections. My Stepdad was cool with it from the get-go because he is in general a very accepting person. It will be interesting over the years though to see if my sister bullshits my gf, trying to make her feel bad about her weight, to try an get her to lose. I feel sort of indifferent to my family and not really caring WHAT they think as my family over the years hasn't always been there for me, at least not as much as I'd hope. That's my 2 cents.
y2kboris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #57
luvhips

luvhips can now change their title
Default FA and parents

I never truly "came out" and had a sit down with my parents. I'm pretty sure they had an idea as I always had a "friend" with a big butt, breasts or both. When I was in college my parents came for a visit and asked me if I would like to invite a guest for dinner I brought my friend Jenn, In those days she was a petite thing with 60in plus hips. When we arrived at the restaurant my parents gave me a look but said nothing. My uncle who joined us for dinner took me on the side and told me I could do better. Great advice from a guy who has been divorced 3 times. Well never married Jenn and she grew into a UltraSSBBW. We have been friends for over 3o years and from time to time when we are out I still feel and know the comments like he can do better exist. Under my breath (mostly) I say FUCK YOU what do you know. My life my choice. My parents have passed away but they only wanted me to be happy. My sister who is 5' 11 and a size 2 always doesn't get my preference but has always been accepting and gracious. Love you sis.
'
luvhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #58
choudhury

choudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this board

I'm not the type to "come out" about my preferences. I just live my life. I dated a couple of slimmer girls but my two most serious relationships were with BBws. Like I said in another thread, when I got serious with my eventual wife my parents did make comments (you know the sort of thing - "concern" about her "health" long term, etc., etc.) until I finally told them I NEVER wanted to hear that crap ever again.

My dad is fairly prestige-oriented and, I'm sure, wishes I could have "done better" in terms of a woman that other guys would consider hot. That's his problem. Life is just too short to make big decisions based on what ANYONE else thinks or wants.
choudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #59
Highsteppa
Kneel before Zod

Highsteppa has super-sized repHighsteppa has super-sized repHighsteppa has super-sized repHighsteppa has super-sized rep

Never was an issue, and they never talked to me about it. They always welcomed whomever I brought home equally until they were given a reason to dislike them.
Highsteppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #60
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

With mom, it was never an issue. She is a BBW herself and had BBWs as friends. She wasn't surprised one when my first GF was over 300 lbs and pear shaped.

Dad took a bit longer to accept my preferences. He wasn't ranting and raving about it but I got the vibe from him he wasn't pleased nor did he understand. Now, it's a total non issue with him.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote