Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 02-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
ampleampleample

ampleampleample can now change their title
Default Before better than After

I don't always think the before shots look better but saw this on CNN today and just thought she looked much better before than after.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/03/health...rticle_sidebar

Feel free to add any other before and after weight loss images where you think this is true.
ampleampleample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #2
Tiffany08

Tiffany08 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTiffany08 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I agree she looks better before
Tiffany08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:57 AM   #3
Matt L.

Matt L. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMatt L. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Yes, she looks much better before.
Matt L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:04 AM   #4
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I believe the reason she looks better in the before pictures to most people is as much to do with the extra flesh in her face rounding out her naturally angular features and making her look younger. She seems to have aged a decade between the before and after pictures and not in a good, rich wine sense.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #5
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
I believe the reason she looks better in the before pictures to most people is as much to do with the extra flesh in her face rounding out her naturally angular features and making her look younger. She seems to have aged a decade between the before and after pictures and not in a good, rich wine sense.
Yeah, this is probably true. But I agree with the others, she looked better before. Regardless, she wanted to drop weight and did it. Good for her.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #6
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Weight Loss

Yes, she does look better when she was bigger. Her face was filled out more. That is the problem with losing weight quickly, your body does not have the time to pick up the skin so much... and of course the older you are when you lose the less elasticity you have in your skin. She might need surgery for the extra skin, and be ok, but as for the face, unfortunately, that will still look like she is sick.
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #7
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampleampleample View Post
I don't always think the before shots look better but saw this on CNN today and just thought she looked much better before than after.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/03/health...rticle_sidebar

Feel free to add any other before and after weight loss images where you think this is true.
post like this are stupid.

OF COURSE everyone here will think she looked better fat. THIS IS A FATTY FORUM.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:03 AM   #8
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Bigger weight-losses are always gonna do that. First girl I dated, her mom was 400+ at 45 years old, got WLS, dropped 200-ish pounds, and aged thirty damn years.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:35 AM   #9
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

She looks fine.

Good for her for taking the steps to feel happier and healthier in her own skin. Not everyone is comfortable big.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #10
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

She traded a cute round face and all her favorite foods, for strength and stamina. She's got kids, and you need a lot of that to keep up with them.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #11
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post

OF COURSE everyone here will think she looked better fat. THIS IS A FATTY FORUM.
Not everyone. I think she looks great now.

If she feels better about herself then its for the best.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:45 PM   #12
shy guy
Monkey Trumpets

shy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
Not everyone. I think she looks great now.

If she feels better about herself then its for the best.
Agreed, as long as she is happy with herself that's all that matters.
shy guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:57 PM   #13
veggieforever
High Carb Low Fat Vegan

veggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
She looks fine.

Good for her for taking the steps to feel happier and healthier in her own skin. Not everyone is comfortable big.
I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. The effort these women and men put into weight loss is commendable and makes my 56lbs (4 stone) weight loss to get to 150lbs look laughable in comparison to the amounts they worked and sweated to lose - not that I didn't sweat at the gym almost everyday! lol Good for them! Everyone has to do what is right for them and being fat is not for everyone but commending hard work and achievement in any category is just sharing respect for their efforts.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #14
veggieforever
High Carb Low Fat Vegan

veggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging in

My 'before & after' pics. Not as dramatic but I am proud
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hooters.jpg (54.7 KB, 616 views)
File Type: jpg rocky3.jpg (83.6 KB, 615 views)
Old 02-26-2014, 10:52 PM   #15
StickMan
Two-Dimentional Character

StickMan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesStickMan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesStickMan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

OK, so trying to be objective here:

The woman from the article lost weight because she was feeling unhealthy and couldn't really keep up with her children. She did what she thought was right, and not knowing her family life personally we can't judge any better than the article can.

THAT SAID: I think she was much more beautiful and proportionate before she lost the weight. Some women look better fat, others look better skinny. (Speaking of which, HOT DAMN veggieforever is gorgeous. )
StickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:45 AM   #16
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This thread is interesting. There seems to be two ways that it was taken: purely considering the difference in aesthetic between the two pictures or considering her actual weight loss. I interpreted it in the first sense and I do think her aesthetic is more appealing to me before she lost the weight. Does that mean I don't think she should have lost the weight? No, of course not. It is her body and hers alone and she should do whatever she feels is best for herself. If that is losing weight, you go for it sister.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #17
veggieforever
High Carb Low Fat Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMan View Post
OK, so trying to be objective here:

The woman from the article lost weight because she was feeling unhealthy and couldn't really keep up with her children. She did what she thought was right, and not knowing her family life personally we can't judge any better than the article can.

THAT SAID: I think she was much more beautiful and proportionate before she lost the weight. Some women look better fat, others look better skinny. (Speaking of which, HOT DAMN veggieforever is gorgeous. )
Gosh, I wasn't expecting that! lol Thank you so much Stickman, you're a sweetie! Much appreciation your way Mwah!
I dropped a bit of weight mainly for comfort. I wasn't comfortable especially in hot, sticky weather and it really got me down. I don't think 'thin' or 'slim' is always the best way to be though. I have known people who have dropped a serious amount of weight and looked drawn, droopy, tired and haggard, not to mention detrimentally aged even though they were young and I have thought they looked so much more beautiful with their excess weight. It's such a personal thing. I enjoy seeing people achieve any goal that means the world to them (on tv shows like that I blub like a soppy so and so! lol) I guess if something makes you feel on top of the world then it cant be a bad thing - whatever that "thing" that may be. We're all different. We all have to live by our own values and essentially do what is right and beneficial to ourselves and our lives and lifestyles. Life is short. Be who you want to be, in the way you want to be it or get as close as you can to it, I say! xXx
Old 03-01-2014, 01:39 AM   #18
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

I think she looks fine both before and after. I don't think the loose skin is that big a deal. It really depends on the person, to a person that prefers fat people then the before picture would appeal but to a person that prefers thin people then the after picture would probably appeal more. It's what makes people happy in themselves that counts.
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #19
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlayna View Post
She traded a cute round face and all her favorite foods, for strength and stamina. She's got kids, and you need a lot of that to keep up with them.

Kids can be a major motivation. Very fat parents cannot full participate in their kids' lives
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:09 AM   #20
bostonbbwluv

bostonbbwluv can now change their title

If the question was in which picture does she look older in its the after pic. French actress Catherine Deneuve has famously been quoted to have said "after a certain age a woman has to choose between her fanny or her face."
bostonbbwluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:30 AM   #21
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Kids can be a major motivation. Very fat parents cannot full participate in their kids' lives
Those 3 young kids sure look like they'd give their Mom a run for her money.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #22
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't think she looks that bad in the after pic. I've seen people who look just ghastly after weight loss, but you do what you have to do to be there for your kids/family. This woman doesn't look quite that bad though I agree, she does look better in the 'before' pic.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #23
OneFAsView
Jimmy

OneFAsView can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post

You make a valid point, in that us FAs are bias towards bigger figures, which is true.

Generally, in weight loss ads before and after, the "B" picture often shows the person looking frumpy, not smiling, where the "A" picture shows better posture, big smile etc.

There are six pics in the web link. I believe even non-FAs would acknowledge the OP's point when looking at "B" picture #1, vs. "A" picture #6. On the other hand, as a FA, I nonetheless say she looks prettier in After picture #5, as opposed to Before picture #2.
OneFAsView is offline   Reply With Quote