Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #151
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
All true, all gems of advice.

I highlighted one particular part because I know a good number of people, guys AND girls, who *refuse* to dress appropriately or get haircuts/beard trims for work, dates, family events, weddings... my ex boyfriend was like this. When they don't get the job, or people treat them like a joke, or their girl/guy leaves them, they say shit like "I wouldn't want a job/friend/boyfriend/girlfriend that judged me by my appearance anyway."
I just want to smack them! It's not about judging! The way you present yourself tells people around you how serious you are about something, or how much you care. That's the way it is. You show up with long, dirty hair and an unkempt beard to a wedding, people get offended. You refuse to dye over your green hair and take out your 15 facial piercings for a job interview, people think you're not serious about it.
Cut your hair, trim your nails, and put on a clean, decent outfit!
Hear, hear!
Old 03-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #152
terpsichore

terpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot pics

plus if you feel like workwear/formal wear is disingenuous, there's always adding little things that make your obligatory outfits more "you".

i like crazy socks to make you feel a bit more relaxed and less overly-serious during job interviews. once went on a job interview wearing a pair of neon rainbow-striped knee-high socks. wore wide-leg trousers and black dress boots. no one else knew about the rainbow socks, but *I* knew. and i found it quite amusing.

another interview outfit i made better with a large black silk flower with a little bit of glitter. tied my hair into a bun at the nape of my neck and added the flower and instantly went from completely dull to at least looking like i had some individuality and creativity.

rainbow-colored hair? sneak it past the powers-that-be by just doing the ends. Last year i had bright purple on about 3" of my hair to the tips. going to the day job? put it up in a bun and it's covered. only works if you have really long hair though.

Last edited by terpsichore; 03-26-2014 at 06:22 PM.
terpsichore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #153
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsichore View Post
plus if you feel like workwear/formal wear is disingenuous, there's always adding little things that make your obligatory outfits more "you".

i like crazy socks to make you feel a bit more relaxed and less overly-serious during job interviews. once went on a job interview wearing a pair of neon rainbow-striped knee-high socks. wore wide-leg trousers and black dress boots. no one else knew about the rainbow socks, but *I* knew. and i found it quite amusing.

another interview outfit i made better with a large black silk flower with a little bit of glitter. tied my hair into a bun at the nape of my neck and added the flower and instantly went from completely dull to at least looking like i had some individuality and creativity.

rainbow-colored hair? sneak it past the powers-that-be by just doing the ends. Last year i had bright purple on about 3" of my hair to the tips. going to the day job? put it up in a bun and it's covered. only works if you have really long hair though.
knee high and thigh high socks make my penis happy.

Socks also happen to be my thing. I love adding just the right socks to an outfit to make it my own. They aren't always seen, but that's okay, I know they're there and it gives me the added "oomph" to feel more attractive, desirable, and confident.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:50 PM   #154
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
Socks also happen to be my thing. I love adding just the right socks to an outfit to make it my own. They aren't always seen, but that's okay, I know they're there and it gives me the added "oomph" to feel more attractive, desirable, and confident.
When I read this, all I could think of was these couple of scenes from The IT Crowd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG0kwal0Im4

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:55 PM   #155
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djudex View Post
When I read this, all I could think of was these couple of scenes from The IT Crowd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG0kwal0Im4
ahahah, love it.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:00 PM   #156
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Went perusing for sports coats for my new gig. I found some funky stuff I may purchase later.

I had a couple people tell me this made me look skinny. I promise you it's just the cut of the coat, I'm not skinny at all.

this one was WAY out of my price range, so I had to try it on.

and then here's a coat I actually bought along with my first attempt at tying a bowtie.

That's my current fashion!

end wall of pictures.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:44 PM   #157
dharmabean
♥ ɢrтıтuɗɛ◦ɢӏ ♥

dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

So in love with the bow tie!
Old 03-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #158
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

You look damn spiffy.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:47 AM   #159
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hozay.. I love all the pics!
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:56 AM   #160
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like that bowtie.
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:25 PM   #161
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hozay,

That blue jacket is awesome. You gotta have a certain vibe to pull off a jacket like that, so kudos
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #162
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmabean View Post
So in love with the bow tie!
Thanks! Me too, I'm going to keep an eye out and see what else I can find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquito View Post
You look damn spiffy.
coming from you, it's a real compliment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
Hozay.. I love all the pics!
Thank you ma'am, that's very kind of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamitch View Post
I like that bowtie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
Hozay,

That blue jacket is awesome. You gotta have a certain vibe to pull off a jacket like that, so kudos
Thanks Chaz, I really appreciate it.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #163
terpsichore

terpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot pics

your facial expressions are just brilliant.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #164
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
Went perusing for sports coats for my new gig. I found some funky stuff I may purchase later.....
.....That's my current fashion!

end wall of pictures.
Not a fan of bow ties for the most part, but you rock one pretty well. It looks good on you. The blue coat is nice, I dig your style with it, but damn that brown one. That is definitely a keeper. That is a very flattering cut. If you haven't already, figure a way to get that one into your closet ASAP!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #165
terpsichore

lol i thought of this topic just now; there's a guy in the library here explaining complicated organic chemistry topics to a small group of people. this obviously-intelligent gentleman is wearing a black t-shirt with 'ASS' printed on it in white letters.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:41 AM   #166
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsichore View Post
lol i thought of this topic just now; there's a guy in the library here explaining complicated organic chemistry topics to a small group of people. this obviously-intelligent gentleman is wearing a black t-shirt with 'ASS' printed on it in white letters.
What, you've never heard of someone being a smart-ass?

*runs for cover before anything gets thrown at me*