Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default LGBT Facebook Page Engaging In Fat Shaming?

Well, at least I think so....

http://thenatural54.wordpress.com/20...rse-youre-fat/
Old 08-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

There's a lot of fat-shaming in the LGBT community. I see it on the daily.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

You know I had an argument with someone who at the time was supposed to be a good friend and she pulled this same sort of crap over a fat chick she had never even spoken to.

I eat super healthy 80% of the time, My Mother is big, My sister is big (though not as big as me), and we both have health conditions that mean we have a very slim chance of loosing a large amount of weight in a short space of time.

I get really angry when people assume they know what I eat based on me eating one thing when I am out and about.

I think the problem is that people like to assume with no basis in fact.

The blog was well written btw. But I am shocked at the womans attitude. If you want to include more fat people ask your community to share pics of themseles. Its not rocket science.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:55 AM   #4
love handles

love handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

On one hand I have seen a lot of fat shaming in the Gay scene. I even have a friend who is a gay guy that feels so much pressure to be thin when he is single he basically becomes bulimic. I see the same shaming among gay women but perhaps not to the same extent. I read somewhere that Lesbians of all the sexualities of people are the fattest. I'm not sure why but maybe they are more forgiving because it's more common.

On the other hand The gay sub group of bears and chasers is known by everyone on the gay scene and accepted as a valid, no questions asked 'thing'. Knowing a few bears myself this scene accepts guys of all shapes and sizes and the guys who love them. They are also open to gaining and feeding stuffing and drinking fetishes. I have had conversations with 'bears' about all these things in a very normalised way. I haven't seen that in the straight community. I think in general gay guys are just more open about what they want sexually.

I'm pretty sure there are a million FB pages dedicated to/or allowing hate of all different groups. Which is one of the reasons why I haven't been on FB for about 5 years.
love handles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Well aint that just lovely. There is some irony that the page calls for intelligent women when the person running it is a half wit.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Interesting that one persecuted group would marginalize another persecuted group. Very sad and cruel.

As for the whole atheism angle on that page, it is often atheists who seem to be the most angry and bitter people.

There are so many people of faith and religious groups doing so much good in the world, and to be hated and despised simply because you are religious is awful.

Sure there are bad apples, but there is bad in every walk of life.

For the record I am an LGBT ally.

Harmony and understanding will not come from the LGBT community and the religious community mocking each other.

Equality for the LGBT community will not come at the expensive of throwing fat people under the bus.

Last edited by Shosh; 12-27-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging in

Why should shaming and discrimination be reserved to only some people ?
It is a largely shared attitude within the human kind, sadly
Old 12-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #8
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I see it a lot, having many gay friends who I've known through my sister who, although straight, had all male gay friends. I can't speak for any experience with lesbians fat shaming, though.

One of my old schoolmates emails me very frequently and he is phobic about becoming fat and tells me his partner of 4 years threatens to leave him if he gets fat. He tells me his weight as if confessing and it's NORMAL. He works out at the gym obsessively in fear of being a pariah in his group, or rather his partner's group. Fear of fat, at least with those I know is very very real.

Perhaps one of the reasons why is that there is stigma in being gay, still, and being fat additionally makes one even more of a target? I don't know but I know this guy is miserable.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azerty View Post
Why should shaming and discrimination be reserved to only some people ?
It is a largely shared attitude within the human kind, sadly
I think that as a group that has experienced their own issues with discrimination and hate, that they might be more sensitive to those actions, but since the gay community has become more widely accepted over several generations, perhaps they've forgotten their own roots with regard that.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:58 AM   #10
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post
I think that as a group that has experienced their own issues with discrimination and hate, that they might be more sensitive to those actions, but since the gay community has become more widely accepted over several generations, perhaps they've forgotten their own roots with regard that.
I guess you are right
Old 04-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #11
guyfromglasgow

guyfromglasgow has said some nice things

what part of "intersectionality" do these people not get?
guyfromglasgow is offline   Reply With Quote