Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 09-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #1
LaylaDiamond
Nox

LaylaDiamond can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLaylaDiamond can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Calling Fellow Fat Nerds/Dorks/Geeks/Anime Freaks

Hello! I am Nox. I know my username on here is LaylaDiamond but I just realized how much that sounds like a stripper name and I wish I could change it. Anyway! I was watching "Heroes of Cosplay" earlier tonight with my roommate and they started discussing fat cosplayers... and... it was portrayed in such a light that I almost felt ashamed that I wanted to go to MegaCon this year.

My roommate and I have been tossing ideas back and forth (I think I'm going to turn him into Princess Peach) so I was (before this episode) really excited. Anyway, I know the risks of dressing as a character when you're fat (and they're not) so I was going to try to detract from that by being a fat character. How can you make fun of someone for being fat when they're dressed as... *drum roll* FAT PRINCESS!

But... now I'm getting all of these exciting ideas for characters that actually mean something to me. Rutela, the Deku Princess, anything from Sailor Moon (I've seriously debated on human Luna), Paine from Final Fantasy X-2 (in one of her AMAZING dress spheres), fuck.. there are so many. Rosa from FF4. A humanoid Epona would be pretty great too (if done right), and any number of pokemon... but the idea of getting attacked is starting to out weigh my love of all things geeky and nerdy. It's gotten to the point where I'm just like "... or I could go as... Snorlax...". I DON'T WANT TO BE SNORLAX! No. No. No. No nononononono. I want to be pretty and flowy. I want to get my fat ass into a corset and show off how much I want to love myself. I want to fake the most confidence EVER! But... I can't do that alone.

What I'm trying to say... is I want to bring the beautiful to fat cosplay and I want to bring all of my fellow fat <insert fandom here>s with me! Yes. We have "Fuck Yeah, Fat Cosplay" which is GREAT! Don't get me wrong but it hasn't been active in three months. THREE MONTHS! I think we should band together! Make amazing costumes, maybe hang out at some cons... yaknow? We need to support each other. We need to be so bad ass that all they can say is "Oh... well they're fat". YES WE ARE, DAMMIT!! We are fat. We are accurate. And we are awesome!

Anyone with me? Or am I talking to myself? I think I'm talking to myself.

~Nox

P.S. FAs are Welcome.... and encouraged to join this discussion. It helps to feel good about yourself when you're showered in appreciation and compliments. :P
LaylaDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
SydneyScreams

SydneyScreams can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSydneyScreams can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

That's really disappointing that HoC made you feel ashamed to want to be a part of something you love!!

I was at MegaCon 3 days this year, but only one day did I do any sort of dressing up. Even then, I was just wearing an out of the bag BatGirl costume (I has no sewing skills).

I'd love to dress up, and I'd dress up as whatever the heck I feel like. Cause screw those who weight shame (in either direction), and cause damnit, I'm proud of myself!!

My boyfriend & I are going as gender swapped Princess Leia and Han Solo for Halloween, but that's as close to any cosplaying as I'm doing anytime soon.
SydneyScreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You should be able to cosplay as anything you like. These "ew fatties shouldn't..." people and their opinions are not even worth entertaining.
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
omegaseph

omegaseph has said some nice things

I'm a fat guy, and I go to Hal-Con (small convention around my area - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) every year for the past 2 (3 this November) years. I go in costume. Gone as Karkat and God-Tier John from Homestuck, and Hei from Darker Than Black. Got compliments on John and Hei, as a matter of fact. So it can be done, and it can be done well. Don't let your size determine your costume, or even whether you do a cosplay in the first place.
omegaseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaDiamond View Post
I want to be pretty and flowy. I want to get my fat ass into a corset and show off how much I want to love myself. I want to fake the most confidence EVER! But... I can't do that alone.

~Nox

P.S. FAs are Welcome.... and encouraged to join this discussion. It helps to feel good about yourself when you're showered in appreciation and compliments. :P

Ok do whatever you feel but don't fake the confidence otherwise you wont have fun, and why not do it alone. Afterwards you will feel top of the world, trust me im a pro at this.

A.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #6
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm planning to cosplay at the Emerald City Con next year (hopefully, depending on funds, etc) as Rogue, and f*** anybody who thinks I'm too fat. If they can't handle my awesomeness, they can shove off. Granted, I picked Rogue because she's generally fairly well covered and I'm not comfortable with all my bits hanging out, but that's about my comfort level and not that of others.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #7
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana_Prince245 View Post
I'm planning to cosplay at the Emerald City Con next year (hopefully, depending on funds, etc) as Rogue, and f*** anybody who thinks I'm too fat. If they can't handle my awesomeness, they can shove off. Granted, I picked Rogue because she's generally fairly well covered and I'm not comfortable with all my bits hanging out, but that's about my comfort level and not that of others.
Please please PLEASE let me know if you make it here. I'd love to hang out if even for a quick bite. I love meeting people from dims. It's a guilty pleasure.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:18 AM   #8
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post

Please please PLEASE let me know if you make it here. I'd love to hang out if even for a quick bite. I love meeting people from dims. It's a guilty pleasure.
I don't know if you can handle my awesome
Old 09-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #9
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana_Prince245 View Post
I don't know if you can handle my awesome
I'll tell you right now I probably can't.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #10
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep

I go to Origens normally every year. I try to make Marcon in Columbus. Hopefully it's not on Easter weekend.

I am more of a gamer but I love checking out the cosplayers it's just ever been my thing

Go as anything you want

Fat Wonder Woman = HOT
Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
GamerGainerGirl
SSBBW in progress

GamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this board

This is so me! So far I just talk every year about going to cons and about costume ideas, the funds suck and I don't go lol. But I have been really torn between doing something fat (Snorlax or fat princess have actually been exact thoughts of mine in shameful passing) vs something I love (Kingdom hearts characters, pokemon characters/pokemon, etc). I have decided F it I am goin as what I want! I was thinking I'd try to skim over my curves (like if a character shows some tummy I would put a shirt under it or elongate it) but NOPE! I am going to wear it like its meant to be and they can bask in my sexy fat rolls lol :3 I have my FA fiancé with me so that'll be a bit of a comfort, though he is somewhat shy sometimes. I'd love to team up with other fatties and rock our cosplays ^.^ Anyone in Texas? If I had money I'd so travel to others but I'm a broke chubby girl lol!
I might be able to swing travel if I have a good amount of notice and help with accommodations though!

(Ps I love Heroes of Cosplay but I do get sad/frustrated at their fat hate )
GamerGainerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #12
Macanudo

Macanudo can now change their title

There is nothing sexier than a Geek BBW or SSBBW. Is good to talk and on the bed
Macanudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #13
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in

Cosplay is super fun! Don't let people spreading fat negativity limit you. There are lots of fat nerds, I mean come on, it's a convention. You'll have just as much if not more support from the positive side than the negative, and it will help boost the confidence of others at the same time.

Also there are *lots* of pokemon that look great fat. It's hard to go wrong there!
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #14
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

Fat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticed

*subscribe to thread*
Fat Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #15
JMCGB
Let me feed you

JMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Count me in.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #16
devinprater

devinprater can now change their title

I'm a geek, , love computers and languages. :-) And yes, I'd love to find a sweet, fat girl that likes similar things ^.^
devinprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:43 AM   #17
Extinctor100
Looking for Angels

Extinctor100 makes people happy simply by logging inExtinctor100 makes people happy simply by logging inExtinctor100 makes people happy simply by logging inExtinctor100 makes people happy simply by logging inExtinctor100 makes people happy simply by logging inExtinctor100 makes people happy simply by logging inExtinctor100 makes people happy simply by logging inExtinctor100 makes people happy simply by logging inExtinctor100 makes people happy simply by logging inExtinctor100 makes people happy simply by logging in

Chubby nerdy girls? It doesn't get any hotter than that!
Extinctor100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #18
MasterMike

MasterMike can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMasterMike can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMasterMike can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I gotta agree, there's nothing hotter to me on this planet or any other containing sentient life than cute nerdy BBWs, especially ones who cosplay! LaylaDiamond, you could cosplay as any female character and still look beautiful, just celebrate your uniqueness and don't pay any attention to the fathaters, there's room enough for cosplayers of all sizes. And I'm not suggesting any costume ideas here, but I'll just point out that some cool BBW superheroines are Zephyr from Harbinger and Big Bertha from the Great Lakes Avengers.
MasterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #19
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

ignore the hoc crap. they are elitist douchebags that all think their crap don't stink because they spend thousands of dollars making outfits. we could all look that good with our own personal tailors and 10,000.00 boob jobs...

besides...i have to say most bbw i know (besides me sadly) have an awesome rack that does not need surgery to enhance it

i say rock the cosplay no matter what you choose. look around and find a character you love! it does not matter if they are a thin character or not. you will ooze the confidence when you feel the power that a great outfit from a character you love gives you!

i have been to several cons. when i see someone awesome it is all about their creativity and their confidence. the ones that look great are the ones that are owning it and you can tell they are having a great time.

i am in the process of making my toddler daughter a saturn girl outfit to go to her first cosplay at heroescon this june.
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #20
CalicoBombshell

CalicoBombshell can now change their title

A couple years ago, I went to Tsubasacon. It's not as big as MegaCon or Acon, but none the less it was a pretty huge con for my area.
I had Dressed up on day one as a character from my own comic series that had been pretty popular on Deviant art, and got a few pictures taken. (it was a fatty, cosplaying a fatty)
Day two I went as Totoro, but feminised. (It was the cutest totoro footie pajamas you'd ever seen)
But day three, I went as Chibi Usa (Sailor Mini Moon)
And lord did I get hella flak.
THE SAME PEOPLE that had pictures of me, wanted me to sign books for them, pose with groups ect were bashing me for COsplaying a "non-fat" character.
Well, that of course put a huge damper on my confidence that day.
But, wait... Theres more... Some of the same people saying mean things were MEN well over 300 cosplaying "slim" characters.
What it all comes down to is 99% of cosplay, for the men ends up being sexualized. They see a big girl that they don't find attractive cosplaying a character they fap it to, and suddenly its an issue. Females get into the hatred because they feel that somehow being slim with pink hair in pigtails make them look more like Chibi Usa, than my perfect plus size rendition of her costume.

I definitely think that plus-sized cosplayers should band together, but honestly, that would segregate us more than we already are.
A group of 20 fat chicks and bhm's cosplaying accurately would cause more negative attention than one or two per con, making it subconscious acceptance.

Buuuuuuuuuutttttttttt
Anywhom >_>
CalicoBombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:56 PM   #21
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've seen a lot of chubby and fat cosplayers at the Houston area cons.

We just had Comicpalooza this past weekend. I saw lots of photos from people I know who were there and pretty much all ages, shapes, and sizes of people were dressed up and having fun.

Same with Oni-Con in Galveston that happens at the end of October. I always see a lot of bigger people dressed up whenever I'm down there during the con.

Do image searches for Houston Comicpalooza cosplay and Galveston Oni Con cosplay and you'll get an idea of what's going on here.

I'm not so much into cosplay myself, my geek tendencies run in the renaissance faire, sci-fi, and paranormal/cryptozoology directions. But I enjoy seeing all the cosplayers and oohing and aahing over the work they put into it.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:20 AM   #22
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm a jock so I don't count (even though I bear a striking resemblance to Kisuke Urehara)....but if I saw you dressed as Rosa from FF4 I can guarantee you'd look amazing.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #23
Macanudo

Macanudo can now change their title

I like, videogames, books and study, am i alwed here? Not so much in HQ and recent animes (I like the Dragon ball, Samurai X, You You Hakusho and those a litle bit older).
Macanudo is offline   Reply With Quote