Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 07-20-2014, 07:50 AM   #1
bigteddy4bbwu

bigteddy4bbwu has said some nice things
Question Folding chairs

Just wondering if anyone could recommend good outdoor chairs or recliners. I have a hard time finding something that is really comfortable.
bigteddy4bbwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Idk but I've broken the shit out of a couple of those aluminum jobbers from the 70s with the multicolor weave on them. My go to joke if I bust one is that line line from Shallow Hal. Where JB goes "geezus man you need to get some decent chairs in here, what are these things made of anyway?" "Uhhhhh...steel"
WhiteHotRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I don't know about recliners - last time I looked at any at La-Z-Boy, the "lumbar" support on some of them hurt my back. Stay away from recliners or couches at stores that carry groceries and home goods - tried sitting on a small couch and damn if I didn't sink down to the frame!

I know at Big 5 Sporting Goods, they often carry outdoor chairs that support larger weight - some friends of ours got some from there and haven't had any problems - I think they hold up to 500 pds. Maybe do a search online for good sporting goods stores near you as they often have that information in the description of the product.

In another lifetime, I was working at a hotel and the office chairs were in deplorable shape - I sat down on one and the damn thing broke - the owner of the place happened to be meeting with the manager and she took one look and snapped "get her a wooden chair so she won't break it the next time" - I was too naive and shocked at the time to react the way I should have. Fortunately, my supervisor, who was a good 50 pds. heavier than and had been there a long time really let her have it. I hate chair shopping.

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have one similar to this, and it works pretty well for me.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
Gordi

Gordi can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordi can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Outdoor Chair

We have the following chair.
http://casual-male-big-and-tall.dest...ush&navCount=0

Really don't know why we got 1,000 and not just the 800 or 500 LB. - I think it was "this one will never, never let us down" - we have taken them to several concerts. It can be a little hard to get out of the chair if you are short, 5'6" here and not a problem. Every time we take them somewhere I remember that I want to get a cart or something to put them in, they are a little heavy when you need to carry them far. Wish the bag to store them in had wheels on the botton to just pull the chair.
Gordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I usually just sit on top of the cooler. But most sporting goods stores sell some good size ones. I think Coleman makes an XL folding camp chair that's pretty nice.
WhiteHotRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #7
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I found a great folding chair (with carrier) at Walmart for $30 and its weight capacity was 350 lbs, so it worked for me.

However, if you want a selection or need a greater weight capacity, try this website. I order from it frequently:

http://living-xl.destinationxl.com/m...nd-tall-store/

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #8
~nai'a~

~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed

I found a folding chair that has a weight capacity up to 500lbs. I'm up north in Canada tough. Not sure if this could help you or not.... I hope so!

It's really roomy and comfortable.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/br...l#.U8xdG0WPbDc

Last edited by ~nai'a~; 07-20-2014 at 05:29 PM.
~nai'a~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #9
daedal

daedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot pics

I can recommend the ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Camp Chair, which is rated up to 800 lbs. It's not cheap but it is extremely well built. We expect our folding chairs to be trashed after a year of use, but this one is still going strong after three years.
daedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:30 AM   #10
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default I think it's important:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigteddy4bbwu View Post
"Just wondering if anyone could recommend good outdoor chairs or recliners. I have a hard time finding something that is really comfortable."
You should really first decide what is more important: Portability or comfort? Or, to look at it another way, what makes a seat more comfortable for you? The type of collapsible chair that LeoGibson and others are recommending is probably your best bet if you're looking for something to take to an event. Or keep in your car.

On the other hand, if you'e just want some comfortable lawn furniture to use (for yourself, or better accommodate big guests) at home, something that will probably will feel a little sturdier and sits a bit higher in order to better get in or out of; then I think this is one to keep in mind:
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:49 AM   #11
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think most stores like Wal Mart and Canadian Tire etc carry chairs with some good weight capacity.

My Mom got me one when we went away for a week to the lake and it's pretty badass. AND it comes with it's own storage bag so I keep it in the trunk of my car. It's the small things in life, people.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote