Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 08-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
xxopenmymind

xxopenmymind has said some nice things
Default Anyone here ever been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?

Hi, everyone. Not sure if this is the place to post this question but as far as I could tell this was the best place.
My cousin and I are planning a trip in October or November to Universal Studios. While I would much rather go to Disney, Universal has the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and being a huge Potterhead since my childhood, I can't pass it up. I know there are a ton of things to do and see in HP World that have nothing to do with weight, but one that does not are the rides. Mainly concerned with the Forbidden Journey ride i think it's called, and/or the new Gringotts ride.
So has anyone been, and if so what was your experience with the rides?
I'm about 370 but you probably wouldn't guess it. Fairly normal sized arms and legs, I have big boobs but not THAT huge, my belly is big but it doesn't really stick out.

Any info is helpful. Thank you!
xxopenmymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

From what I understand it's not fat-friendly at all- the rides at least. I've heard this from a bunch of people who have been there.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:48 AM   #3
lifelongpassion

lifelongpassion can now change their title

I've only been to the older section, but the chair is out front for anyone to try it out before they get in line. It's small. My wife and I were able to walk through the castle, which was a great experience. No way were her hips going to fit in that ride, tho
lifelongpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #4
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

There's barely any shade too, so you can get hot REALLY quickly.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #5
ThePersona

ThePersona has said some nice things

Sorry if this appears like its one of my first post, cause well it practically is, but i think i can help out with some of your inquiries. I just came back from there last week and i think i can give you a general idea.

I guess the first thing i should mention is that the Harry Potter portions are separated into two parts: Islands of Adventures and Universal Studios. The Forbidden Journey is in the Islands of Adventure portion while the Gringotts ride is in Universal Studios.
Both are connected with the Harry Potter train to Hogwarts, which I would definitely recommend you ride, if not only for the experience. I would consider it the only ride that you may be able to get into, unfortunately.
Though i will advise that if a line forms for the train ride, there is no air circulation/water to keep you hydrated for the most part, so be cautious of that.

I guess the highlight of that section would have to be the Forbidden Journey. While the wait was long and there is no FastPass option, the park was at least kind enough to station water fountains every now and then until you enter Hogwarts. From there, you see a lot of whimsical things you`d expect from a Harry Potter ride that i really won`t spoil. Unfortunately, the seats for the rides are 4 person each-styled rectangular box, with each seat divided from each other. The strap for the ride, which is needed since the ride moves all over the place, comes down and auto-locks itself. Being a 230 lb man, whose majority of his weight is from the waist-down, the auto-lock seemed like it was a bit outside of the box, compared to the rest. The main strap will only fasten between your stomach and waist, but the sides of the strap will press onto your shoulders so you don`t fall off. Of course, everyone has different body types, but i was barely got into the ride.
But like others have said, each ride has a seat outside so you can try it yourself.

Diagon Alley itself was slightly hidden, but just simply beautiful when we found it.
Unfortunately, we skipped the Gringotts ride on account of a 2 and a half hour waiting time.

Though, to be honest, both Harry Potter sections were some of the best things i saw at the park. You can tell they put a lot into it for the kids (especially the wands, oh man) and for just about anyone who really loves that universe.

Apologies if i didn`t explain the seating very well, but i really hope you can get the most enjoyment out of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
ThePersona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #6
bpowell

bpowell has said some nice things

I was just there. I was able to ride everything wanted too and I am 6'0" and about 240. I am very big chested and need shirts tailored due to this. I did check the seating out front. I do know that most of the rides have special seating in rows 3 and 6 for "fluffier" (as Gabriel Igalcias would say) patrons.

But saying that I did see several folks not go on the ride due to seating being a bit tight. As a HP fan I was loving every minute of it. Even if I did have to stand in 90 degree heat and 100% humidity.
bpowell is offline   Reply With Quote