Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
decatest

decatest has said some nice things
Default Thinking of gaining

Hey all,

I am a former athlete. I just finished up my competitive career earlier this year and I've already gained 25 pounds. When you consider that I haven't been training at all, my muscle mass has likely decreased significantly and thus I've probably gained closer to 30-35 lbs of fat. Never thought that I would enjoy this but lately I've found my gain pretty exciting. I'm thinking about playing around with gaining intentionally and stuffing but could use some encouragement.

decatest
decatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

If you're looking for encouragement you should post a bit more and let people get to know you.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't know much about this sort of thing but I'd advise you to go slowly. If you're used to being super-athletic, you might find becoming fat quite a struggle. Not physically as much as in terms of mindset.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:27 AM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What Gingembre said.

Also, some people can get very involved in whatever their current project is, loving being hard core about whatever it is. I don't know if this is you or not, but if it is, be a bit careful on the gaining side of things.... sure you can do things to stuff in huge amounts of calories, but those tend to be rough on your body. We aren't really designed to process that much fat and sugar at one time. So that common athletics attitude of 'if 10 is good, 20 would be better!' is probably not a wise one for people looking into gaining.

Basically, my advice on gaining is do as little as you are comfortable with. If you really want to gain, that is fine, just aim for the lower end of what will work for you. If that ends up being too small/ not intense enough, you can always up what the 'minimum' is for you, but it is much harder to go the other way.

Also, you might also want to look at posting in the weight gain sub-board of the weight board here, and there are also some other web sites around with more focus on gaining than you typically find here. (google is your friend.....) Not that you'll get ostracized for gaining, or anything like that, just that you may find more people doing it, and louder cheerleading for it, at some other sites.

Last edited by Tad; 09-08-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You should check out the gaining forum.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #6
decatest

decatest has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
What Gingembre said.

Also, some people can get very involved in whatever their current project is, loving being hard core about whatever it is. I don't know if this is you or not, but if it is, be a bit careful on the gaining side of things.... sure you can do things to stuff in huge amounts of calories, but those tend to be rough on your body. We aren't really designed to process that much fat and sugar at one time. So that common athletics attitude of 'if 10 is good, 20 would be better!' is probably not a wise one for people looking into gaining.

Basically, my advice on gaining is do as little as you are comfortable with. If you really want to gain, that is fine, just aim for the lower end of what will work for you. If that ends up being too small/ not intense enough, you can always up what the 'minimum' is for you, but it is much harder to go the other way.

Also, you might also want to look at posting in the weight gain sub-board of the weight board here, and there are also some other web sites around with more focus on gaining than you typically find here. (google is your friend.....) Not that you'll get ostracized for gaining, or anything like that, just that you may find more people doing it, and louder cheerleading for it, at some other sites.
Yes, this completely applies to me. Lately I've wanted to dive head-first into this and gain as fast as possible. Being involved in sport that involved carefully managing my weight is making it a difficult transition though.

Thanks for all of the advice. I'll transition this topic to the appropriate board.
decatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #7
ALS

ALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by decatest View Post
Hey all,

I am a former athlete. I just finished up my competitive career earlier this year and I've already gained 25 pounds. When you consider that I haven't been training at all, my muscle mass has likely decreased significantly and thus I've probably gained closer to 30-35 lbs of fat. Never thought that I would enjoy this but lately I've found my gain pretty exciting. I'm thinking about playing around with gaining intentionally and stuffing but could use some encouragement.

decatest
What is it like to go from being an athlete to becoming a BHM? Experience-wise, I mean. You are describing my 'kink,' but, I have never really asked a growing BHM about the physical and emotional aspects of his experience. Also: I am seeking inspiration for the writing of BHM WG fiction.
ALS is offline   Reply With Quote