Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 05-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Eye Steaks

Guys, the internet is confusing me. I have thinly sliced eye steaks defrosting, and I don't know what to do with them. Someone give me guidance.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:59 AM   #2
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Probably too late, but I often just cut them up into strips and make a stir-fry out of them. The trouble with eye steaks is they get pretty tough if you over cook them because they're so lean (eye round and all). I will saute them quickly in a hot pan with a spot of bacon fat and some salt/pepper/garlic then deglaze with wine or whiskey. But you need to make sure they don't get more then medium or they're tough imo.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeze View Post
Guys, the internet is confusing me. I have thinly sliced eye steaks defrosting, and I don't know what to do with them. Someone give me guidance.
My choice #1
I keep about three different kinds of meat tenderizer in my spice rack. One is store brand, one would be unseasoned, and one would be seasoned (sort of Cajun). Some tenderizers work in a short time, some take longer. Follow instructions on the back of the bottle.

I would tenderizer the eyes with a commercial product. Then I would chunk the meat into bite size cubes and put them in a marinade for a couple of hours. Use your favorite marinade - I like to use Italian salad dressing.

Drain off and discard marinade. Skewer meat with a shish-ka-bob stick. Alternate with your favorite cubed veggies like bell peppers, mushrooms, potatoes, corn on the cob. Brush veggies with butter and add salt and pepper. Cook under broiler or over a BBQ.

My choice #2

Tenderize rounds as directed above. When finished, pound steaks very flat till they are no more than 1/4 inch thick. Now pick your favorite breading and dredge steaks in breading crumbs, fry in hot vegetable oil until they are golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Add garlic salt and pepper.

Breading choices - First dip in one egg mixed with 1/4 cup milk; then dip in Parmesan cheese + cracker crumbs, or

Use same first dip above, and for second bath use seasoned bread crumbs (I like Progresso).
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #4
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i like very lean meat like eye round. they do get tough quick. usually i throw them in a crock pot with some onion and tomato and let them cook swiss steak style.
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #5
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore2me View Post
[U]
My choice #2

Tenderize rounds as directed above. When finished, pound steaks very flat till they are no more than 1/4 inch thick. Now pick your favorite breading and dredge steaks in breading crumbs, fry in hot vegetable oil until they are golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Add garlic salt and pepper.
This really brought back memories! My mother often bought eye steaks, and this is how she'd fix them. Pure heaven.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote