Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-29-2014, 04:39 AM   #1
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Skin Temperature

OK, slightly odd question:

I'm fairly thin, and in the past when people have hugged me, they've often remarked on how warm I am. I reason that this is because there's relatively little insulation keeping the heat in. If I run my hands over myself, it does seem to me that the skin on my buttocks, where there is some fat, is slightly cooler than, say, the small of my back. So, by this logic, I would think the skin temperature (as opposed to the core temperature) of a fat person would be a bit lower than that of an averaged-sized one, but I've noticed when people describe their BHM or BBW partners, one of the things they enthuse about is how warm they are.

Anyone got anecdata on this? Cool? Warm? Just right?
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:50 AM   #2
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I can't say much about my own body temperature because it is hard to tell with yourself, but my ex was about 450lbs and he had cool and warm spots over his skin. So I'd be running my hands over his stomach and some bits would be warm and other bits cool. He did seem to make a lot of heat and warm up the bed and the surroundings well but he wasn't all that hot to the touch.
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:20 AM   #3
Tom the pig 8

Tom the pig 8 can now change their title

I am almost always hot. I have always been that way, even when I was skinny. Now I am kind of chubby, at 5-10 and 280 pounds, I am roasting when the temp is much over 60. I almost never feel cold, so when I do, I like it
Tom the pig 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
I can't say much about my own body temperature because it is hard to tell with yourself, but my ex was about 450lbs and he had cool and warm spots over his skin. So I'd be running my hands over his stomach and some bits would be warm and other bits cool. He did seem to make a lot of heat and warm up the bed and the surroundings well but he wasn't all that hot to the touch.
This is pretty much how things are with my bf. Parts of him are warm, but other parts are definitely cool to the touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom the pig 8 View Post
I am almost always hot. I have always been that way, even when I was skinny. Now I am kind of chubby, at 5-10 and 280 pounds, I am roasting when the temp is much over 60. I almost never feel cold, so when I do, I like it
How you feel may not be what someone touching you feels. I tend to get cold very easily. However, except for my feet and my hands, my boyfriend says I usually feel warm and give off a lot of heat. Which is probably why I get cold, all my body heat is escaping through my skin.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:17 PM   #5
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

From the instances I remember, I typically feel far warmer to the touch than any BHM partner. I've been surprised at that before because I never went into the touching expecting them to feel so cool overall. Of course, that doesn't apply to any little "pocket" areas, like under the stomach, which are usually super warm.

I've actually had people complain that they can't sleep too close to me because I get unpleasantly hot to the touch. Maybe when someone thin snuggles up with their BBW/BHM partner, it just makes their own body heat more noticeable

Last edited by Amaranthine; 10-29-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote