Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 11-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
Buttonboy

Buttonboy can now change their title
Default To all the dress shirt wearers

Not so much a weight gain question but being fat I always wear button up dress shirts.. What do u a prefer buttondown collars or not. I had a debate with a friend that they are more for everyday wear and look better with slacks. Also do you button the top button?? I think it looks more classier. Suggestions???
Buttonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think it is so much individual style. A lot of button-down collars don't sit quite right on me (I get 'pull-lines' from the collar buttons to the top button that I've done up), so I don't wear them so much, for all that I like them.

I don't button up the top button because with my face, having more of the that 'V' in the neck-line just looks better.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
Buttonboy

I like to button the top button because it shows a much more prominent double chin plus the button down collar makes the neck line much more tighter. Y do u prefer a v in the neck line. That's a hipster style... Try to wear a button up shirt , and slacks with a big belt to hold in that massive stomach like me
Old 11-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't button the neck even when I'm wearing a tie. Yes, I can find a shirt with a decent sized neck so it doesn't feel like a stranglehold.. but I still don't like it.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #5
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonboy View Post
Y do u prefer a v in the neck line. That's a hipster style...
I preferred wearing my shirts that way long before hipsters were a thing, and probably will long after they are a distant and unpleasant memory I went mostl bald fairly young, and have eyes that are slightly below the midpoint of my face. Put it together and I have a LOT of white skin above my face. Wearing the shirt open a bit helps balance that, making me less like a villain from a Batman comic.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #6
ohiofa

ohiofa can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesohiofa can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I don't button the top button unless I'm wearing a tie too. As far as collars go, I like button vs. the spread collar with the little plastic things. I hate how without those things your collar wouldn't stay down...ugh! My biggest pet peeve though, is finding shirts that are long enough to stay somewhat tucked in your pants. I hate when the front of your shirt pops out because your having to move around and gives you the "I just rolled out of bed look".
ohiofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #7
Buttonboy

I have that same problem because my stomach is so fat my dress shirts will untuck from my slacks. I have seen an improvement since I began only all my buttondowns from the big man store. They seem to be longer and prevent them from untucking. I also like to buy them a few sizes bigger in case I gain weight. But I guess the buttondown collars are a preference and I would rather my collar with buttons it.