Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default What are you eating for Christmas Eve/Day?

We are getting some brisket and having sandwiches for Christmas Eve and for Christmas Day I have a long list!

Queso with taco meat
blazing hot wings
spinach artichoke dip
bean dip
neiman marcus dip
habanero ranch dip
summer sausage and cheese with crackers
sausage balls
chicken salad

My SIL and Brother are in charge of desserts, but I have a key lime pie in the freezer I know that I will devour at least 1 piece of it!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:11 AM   #2
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Christmas Eve (todaaay, whoop!) it's a buffet lunch of cheese, crackers, indian vegetable cake (random but delicious addition that my dad makes), leftover roast pork, mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes and various chutneys and pickles. Then we're having baked salmon and roast vegetables for dinner. I expect we will finish off the day with mulled wine and mince pies during the evening.

Christmas day is smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for brunch, then roast turkey with all the trimmings (roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, sprouts, pigs in blankets, sausagemeat & chestnut stuffing & bread sauce) & christmas pudding. Washed down with bucks fizz/white wine/gin & tonic/red wine/cointreau/baileys as the day progresses. Possibly a cup of tea or two thrown in for good measure, haha!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

We had homemade oyster stew, which is a family tradition. Of course, there are also the sides, like rolls and salad. It was very good. Additionally, we had homemade sour cream raisin pie. Both are recipes from the grandma on my step mom's side. She's German so the traditions are German.

I do miss the lefse and lutefisk. My grandma on my dad's side used to make it from scratch every Thanksgiving and Christmas. She passed away last February. My uncle has taken up the mantle of lefse-making. I tried it once with grandma's griddle and it was too thick.

Nobody has of yet taken up the lutefisk mantle. It's kind of spendy, and not everyone likes it, but it's good when done properly and with melted butter over it. Of course, you have to have the traditional sides like mashed potatoes and gravy, a good salad, corn, and lefse. I would like to try it some year. If it didn't cost about $20 for the fish, I would do it for myself. Maybe I can find a good VFW dinner sometime.

Last edited by EMH1701; 12-28-2014 at 11:36 AM.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I opted for Christmas dinner tonight. Spiral sliced ham, baked mac and cheese (made using Tillamook smoked medium cheddar), and steamed broccoli