Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 01-07-2015, 03:26 PM   #51
Amatrix
Winkyface

Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Both?

I mean... I have a room for my makeup, I have a small dog I am obsessed with... I get my nails and hair done... maid service...etc.

I also own a gun, enjoy dune buggies, garden, I have worked in a slaughter house for crying out loud... and on a ranch during calf season.

I enjoy a huge bath tub with bubbles and champagne... but I also like sleeping out under the stars with the dirt and bugs.

Some days I can spend 4+ hours (shower, shave, blow dry, makeup, outfit, accessories, etc) getting ready and other days I barely manage to drag myself to the shower.

I don't think I am needy, even if I have a tendency to forget to use my words when I need help. I don't need my SO to tell me they love me, or remind me why we got married everyday... I think I clearly communicate what I want now, and am better heard so I don't consider myself high maintenance... and I give a hoot about what others think anyways. lol
Old 01-07-2015, 07:15 PM   #52
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatrix View Post

I don't think I am needy, even if I have a tendency to forget to use my words when I need help. I don't need my SO to tell me they love me, or remind me why we got married everyday... I think I clearly communicate what I want now, and am better heard so I don't consider myself high maintenance...
When you come right down to it, "high maintenance" means whatever you think it means. I've never thought of high-maintenance women as being particularly needy...at least not in an emotional sense. In fact, the ones I've dated have been very independent, high-powered, go-ahead kinds of people. What they DID need was lots and lots of money to maintain themselves in the style they wished, so that's what high-maintenance means to me.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:41 AM   #53
Amatrix
Winkyface

Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
When you come right down to it, "high maintenance" means whatever you think it means. I've never thought of high-maintenance women as being particularly needy...at least not in an emotional sense. In fact, the ones I've dated have been very independent, high-powered, go-ahead kinds of people. What they DID need was lots and lots of money to maintain themselves in the style they wished, so that's what high-maintenance means to me.
Totally agree!
I just skimmed through and saw some mentions of what high maintenance means or meant to them and saw how I was judging only myself. I think I pull my own weight most of the time, and when I feel like I can I carry as much as I am given. I guess I am saying I try hard, and I hear "thank you" often enough I can count it daily so I think I fit into "both" from the peanut gallery (significant other). I came in needy, but I am breaking out more and more. He not only finances it, he encourages it (he keeps me safe, and I keep him wild).

I have been called "high maintenance" before (only by men though and used more as an insult so my knee jerk reaction was the same. Example of what I initially thought was "high maintenance;" my SO used to make his ex walk around with a grand cash, she would get her hair and nails done every 2 weeks, she always had a new dress and drove a Benz. I am very much on a different path, although comfortable not as cushy. It is all VERY subjective, as only men who were upset with me or frustrated called me "high maintenance" where as you use it more as an powerful term which I love.), and I guess I know exactly what my daily life costs to "maintain..." so if the occasion occurred that I had to "fend for myself" I honestly think I would be just fine.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #54
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Below is the link to the meaning of high maintenance... in regards to people it would be definition 2- the informal one.. demanding a great deal of attention, money or effort.

I think it is a "empty term" it can mean whatever anyone wants it to mean.

Personally, when I hear someone say that, I hear "I do not have the time or inclination or the want to deal with you".

If someone really loves you, they will listen to you and have time for you regardless of how important or trivial your situation might be.

That being said I try not to be high maintenance. Everyone has there moments of being high maintenance, and I know I have had mine! I try to not have too many moments of those.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/high-maintenance
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:26 PM   #55
BigCutieAurora
BigCutieAurora

BigCutieAurora does more than just post hot picsBigCutieAurora does more than just post hot picsBigCutieAurora does more than just post hot picsBigCutieAurora does more than just post hot pics

Um, who says being high maintenance is a bad thing? We don't call men high maintenance when they wear suits all the time, wear nice cologne and drive nice cars which god forbid get dirty. I don't think that caring about your appearance, or not liking a particular alcohol is something to be ashamed of.... People just put women in that category to belittle them and keep us in our place. It's quite funny actually.
So I have standards for myself and others, and I wont let people treat me like shit... sue me (;
BigCutieAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:06 PM   #56
BigCutieChloe

BigCutieChloe does more than just post hot picsBigCutieChloe does more than just post hot picsBigCutieChloe does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieAurora View Post
Um, who says being high maintenance is a bad thing? We don't call men high maintenance when they wear suits all the time, wear nice cologne and drive nice cars which god forbid get dirty. I don't think that caring about your appearance, or not liking a particular alcohol is something to be ashamed of.... People just put women in that category to belittle them and keep us in our place. It's quite funny actually.
So I have standards for myself and others, and I wont let people treat me like shit... sue me (;
yap girl you took the words out of my mouth while reading these comments! I am always categorized as high maintenance and its only because i maintain and value my appearance and my SO appearance and things like that but in life, I'm very easy going and can go with the flow
BigCutieChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #57
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Quote:
Um, who says being high maintenance is a bad thing? We don't call men high maintenance when they wear suits all the time,
There is just one thing about this statement. men don't wear suits because they want to. It is what they have to wear to appear professional. If given the choice, I think most men would prefer to wear their jeans or sweats all the time, where women tend to always want to dress up. They need the shoes, the handbags, etc.

Caring abut your appearance is not the issue. The 4 hours to get ready for a simple date= High Maintenance.

Spending excessive amounts of money on one outfit for a date, when you could look just as sophisticated, classy and sexy and elegant in an outfit that cost $60 = High Maintenance.

Going into debt to look pretty= High Maintenance..

Men don't really do any of those things. There are those few men that are DIVAS and they go for name brands and take longer than women to get ready, but for the most part, men are content with non name brands that look good on them and are comfortable.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:15 PM   #58
Sculptor

Sculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this board

I'm a tomboy but I clean up well
Sculptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:50 PM   #59
SecretlyaKitten

SecretlyaKitten does more than just post hot picsSecretlyaKitten does more than just post hot picsSecretlyaKitten does more than just post hot picsSecretlyaKitten does more than just post hot pics

One of my least favorite fat girl stereotypes has to be that we're all low maintenance. Because, of course, no one pays us any attention so we just have to accept whatever we're given. Yeah, right.

Let's go with the definition that was mentioned before: "demanding a great deal of attention, money, or effort." To me it should be clear that this isn't just talking about money, and so I don't know why there seem to be so many people here focusing on just that. . . . People who "require" you to buy them a bunch of shiny objects are high maintenance, yes--but not everyone who is high maintenance is like that. Not to be repetitive, but let's remember that being high maintenance means that you demand attention, money, OR effort--and I definitely require a lot of effort. Damn right I'm like that! In the words of good old Jay Pritchett from Modern Family: "Trees are like women: the best ones make you work just a little bit harder."

That doesn't mean they have to buy me things all the time to get my attention (you can't buy me). It doesn't mean that they need to kiss the ground I walk on (ew). But it does mean I like it when they open doors for me. It does mean that they don't get to talk to me like I'm "less than," or any other crap. It does mean that they're not able to do absolutely anything they want around me.

Being high maintenance is NOT a bad thing, and yes, I absolutely am.

EDIT, because it pays to be clear in these: Of course, there are everyone's connotations and all that good stuff. Much of this is my own connotation, after all!
SecretlyaKitten is offline   Reply With Quote