Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 11-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
fallenj05

fallenj05 has said some nice things
Default how many calories?

hi every one
im struggling on getting fat, well as fat as I would like to be and I would like to be out growing some clothes ive got and getting to my next goal weight of 250Lb but I'm not sure im eating enough how many calories a day do you eat? what kinds of foods? how often? and any other tips or tricks that would help me gain weight
thanks
fallenj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There are many daily calorie calculator on the internet. On the first link I found tells me that my maintenance calories is 2652. The idea being a daily calorie deficit of 500 with exercise should result in 1 pound per week fat loss.

The inverse of course is that if I add 500 calories daily to my usual routine I will gain 1 pound per week. Weight gain takes time and just because you eat a daily 5000 calorie load doesn't mean I'm going to gain 3+ pounds per week.

Your body will only process so much and rest gets.. eliminated. So its not only a calorie load, but right types of food and exercise that will add weight. This board is full of tips and suggestions.

Carbs, Carbs, Carbs, sweet bready carbs. When in doubt, eat. Always have dessert. Have snacks with you at work. Consume more dairy if you can tolerate it. Did I mention eat more? Stuffed? Sip some water and wait a bit.

Feeling poor and broke? Bread, rice, ramen, potatoes, pasta are cheap and full of carbs. Pizza is the most perfect gainer food because of all that crust (and cheese)
Old 11-10-2014, 07:10 AM   #3
Buttonboy

Buttonboy can now change their title

I am 5"8 and weigh 300 lbs. I eat 3000 calories a day. I am a binge eater so certain days I gorge myself to a point that I feel like I am going to burst every button off my dress shirts. Do not be discouraged with your weight gain process. Age is a factor as well. I am in my 30s so my metabolism is slower. I used to get down on myself too. unfortunately we cannot be like the blueberry girl from willy wonka and get incredibly fat in minutes lol
Buttonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #4
fallenj05

fallenj05 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonboy View Post
I am 5"8 and weigh 300 lbs. I eat 3000 calories a day. I am a binge eater so certain days I gorge myself to a point that I feel like I am going to burst every button off my dress shirts. Do not be discouraged with your weight gain process. Age is a factor as well. I am in my 30s so my metabolism is slower. I used to get down on myself too. unfortunately we cannot be like the blueberry girl from willy wonka and get incredibly fat in minutes lol
that would be amazing
fallenj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:08 AM   #5
gutlover

gutlover has said some nice things

Eat lots of carbs mixed with fats. For example, fettuccine alfredo and lots of delicious pasta dishes with fattening sauces. You'll see results fairly quickly. Potato skins with lots of cheese. Stay away from straight out fast food joints. They're way too high in sodium.
gutlover is offline   Reply With Quote