Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Library > Story Writers Forum

Old 10-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default A good reference for developing characters

A lot of the stories posted in the library here don't depend on character development, and that is fine. But if you have a feeling of wanting to include character development in some degree, I think this guide for drawing a bead on your characters is quite good: http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2013...and-character/

For me it came at an interesting time, as I've been actually writing quite a bit, but bouncing between three main stories and dabbling with some others. I realized that some of what was diverting me on stories was internal fuzziness of what I was trying to achieve with the characters--I can feel when what I've written is hitting that properly, but I can't always figure out to achieve it when I'm not hitting that point.

As I'm using these techniques I'm somewhat grimacing at how much re-work I should be doing....but on the other hand it is mostly that weaker material that I'm more clearly seeing the problems with. Now to decide how much to re-work, and how much to cut entirely. I'm also realizing how fundamentally similar (although superficially different) characters in two of the stories are, which makes me wonder if I should be junking one of them entirely.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Interesting way of structuring the problem - thanks for the link!
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:35 AM   #3
wildandfree

wildandfree does more than just post hot picswildandfree does more than just post hot picswildandfree does more than just post hot picswildandfree does more than just post hot pics

Thanks for that Tad! So far it seems useful!
wildandfree is offline   Reply With Quote