Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-31-2015, 09:45 AM   #1
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default What 'derp' / 'doh' moment did you have today?

Not explicitly for this forum but then some others are not too! can be today, or in the past. Call it a brainfart, facepalm, doh moment...embarrassing or funny!

I was frothing at the mouth mad at our IT helpdesk because they claimed i was mistaken - that the form i usually filled out had never existed in the first place.

Me: "Its VIP like Victory, Indigo, Paul!"

Hapless helpdesk agent: "What does V-I-P stand for?"

Me: "Virtual....
IP!!!"

I literally blanked out on a term i use all the time in an industry i have been in for half a decade. Had to put the call on hold and ask the guy next to me (um, internet protocol, you on crack??) Needless to say my entire team was roaring with laughter, and i have a feeling i wont live this down for a while.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Haha, awww, well I would have been laughing with you, not at you!

I have these moments all the time to be honest. I think the most recent one of note would be this weekend, when I let my dog in from outside where it had been raining. She walked across the tiled floor and got water everywhere and I watched her slip and fall over and thought 'awww, how cute!'.

Guess what I did immediately upon thinking that! I am absolutely fine so I get to laugh at myself!
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I shook hands with the vice president of a company I am working on a partnership with. I asked him who he was.

Whoops.
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #4
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
I shook hands with the vice president of a company I am working on a partnership with. I asked him who he was.

Whoops.
Next time, ask first before you say who you are. Then if it's someone who's name you should know, you can give them a fake, wait a week and then reintroduce yourself.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:33 AM   #5
youareneverready

youareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesyouareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesyouareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Last week I had a pretty productive evening after working all day and was feeling quite responsible and mature (and pleased with myself)...until I went to take my coat off and realised the zipper was stuck and I was trapped. Went instantly from feeling like I may have turned into a 'proper' adult to feeling like a 5-year old.
youareneverready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:59 PM   #6
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I heard there was going to me a mike XXL and i was sooooo excited for about 30 seconds until i realized it wasnt waist size they were referring to. Lol...i am a looser.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:22 PM   #7
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My wife texted to say that our son is going out with friends tonight, and that while she'd started supper she could put it aside if i wanted to go out to watch the hockey game. I was like "really, wow?" and was starting to scramble to see what tickets were still available.....

then she clarified she meant go out to a pub to get dinner and watch the game on the TV there. Which is still nice and all, but not quite the same.

(we ditched our cable, so can't watch easily from home)
Old 04-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #8
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I was checking a patient out today and asked a coworker to look at his walkout with me to ensure I was charging him properly.
She pointed out that they wouldn't be doing a build up and putting a crown on a tooth......that had been extracted i.e. was no longer there.

DOH

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:21 PM   #9
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youareneverready View Post
Last week I had a pretty productive evening after working all day and was feeling quite responsible and mature (and pleased with myself)...until I went to take my coat off and realised the zipper was stuck and I was trapped. Went instantly from feeling like I may have turned into a 'proper' adult to feeling like a 5-year old.
That makes me panic, rage, and usually I end up Hulking my way out of it and destroying the clothing.

These are all awesome btw.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:52 PM   #10
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Fun thread idea, Xyantha.

^I'm terrible with zippers, too. Especially on sleeping bags. Is it some kind of girl thing?

Sometimes my derp "moments" last a really long time. I have a friend that I called Michelle for the first six weeks after I met her, even though her name is actually Connie.

Another one was when one of the forum members here alluded to someone being 420-friendly: my first thought was that it was some kind of size reference.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:05 PM   #11
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have brain farts all the time. What normally happens to me is, I decide i need something and i take the 3 steps i need to take to pick up the item, and in those 3 steps I totally forget what it is that I turned around to get.
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:03 PM   #12
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I walked into the mens washroom and actually wondered why they would have urinals before i realized my mistake and ran out!!!
Old 04-29-2015, 05:34 PM   #13
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
I walked into the mens washroom and actually wondered why they would have urinals before i realized my mistake and ran out!!!
In my family we make a specialty of this. At least once I have walked into the men's restroom and wondered why they DIDN'T have urinals until... My aunt, visiting her son in Venezuela (where he was working for an American oil company) knew no Spanish, so when she got caught short in the airline terminal, she reasoned that since "women" is a longer word than "men", and "caballeros" is a longer word than "damas"...
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:47 PM   #14
ALS

ALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized rep

One of coworkers is tall, skinny, and has a small spare tire. I keep imagining him gaining weight. We are both new to my company. I need to get my shit together. Unfortunately, I can't stop fantasizing about him.
ALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:21 PM   #15
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I did that once in a fast food restaurant. In my defense, I was shit-faced at the time.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #16
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I had no such defense!
Old 05-12-2015, 07:19 AM   #17
youareneverready

youareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesyouareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesyouareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Had to go to the bank to reset security stuff...again, since I forgot. There's just too many random numbers to remember!
Old 05-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #18
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Bank stuff is the worst! I lost my bank card a while back. Got a new one, and lost it the next day. I was so embarrassed i went to a different branch location to get ANOTHER one.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:06 PM   #19
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Crazy in that way of how it all just makes perfect sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
"In my family we make a specialty of this. At least once I have walked into the men's restroom and wondered why they DIDN'T have urinals until... My aunt, visiting her son in Venezuela (where he was working for an American oil company) knew no Spanish, so when she got caught short in the airline terminal, she reasoned that since "women" is a longer word than "men", and "caballeros" is a longer word than "damas"..."
It's said that genius can be most crudely described as an ability to recognize patterns. Which probably also speaks how it relates to insanity as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
"..forum members here alluded to someone being 420-friendly: my first thought was that it was some kind of size reference. .."
Sometimes I just hear what I want to. So, to me 420 immediately conjures up that we're about set to some deep-cleaning:

Although, strangely enough, maybe it's because just saying 409 means something entirely different as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
"...I have a friend that I called Michelle for the first six weeks after I met her, even though her name is actually Connie..."
Heh...I think this what Aussies like, a fair amount, this kind of thing is what they're into:
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #20
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Bank stuff is the worst! I lost my bank card a while back. Got a new one, and lost it the next day. I was so embarrassed i went to a different branch location to get ANOTHER one.
I third the dislike of bank stuff. I hate having to use the phone for most things, and I got locked out of my online banking account because of getting my password wrong too many times (which only happens because they require you to change it to something novel every 6 months. Come on.) I finally called, got it reset, and then proceeded to get all my security questions wrong. I think it's probably been a solid year after the fact and I don't really miss online banking. If I could do any of it in person, I might have gotten it back by now.

Also, what's up with places that have mostly arbitrary security question choices? I certainly hope there's not many people who have the same favorite restaurant for years and years and remember this in the depths of their heart. It's probably the kind of person who inputs "Applebee's" too. At least the street I grew up on never changes.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:32 AM   #21
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
Also, what's up with places that have mostly arbitrary security question choices? I certainly hope there's not many people who have the same favorite restaurant for years and years and remember this in the depths of their heart. It's probably the kind of person who inputs "Applebee's" too. At least the street I grew up on never changes.
I HATE when these ask those dumb questions. I get questions like, Your nickname as a child, where were you born, the year you graduate HS, those things are constant and don't change, but those other ones.,. ugh. I have reached the point where I have a digital list of my passwords for every account.

As far as changing them every six months, don't get me started. At work I have to change my password every 45 days! Like seriously?!?!.. how the fuck am I suppose to remember a new password every 45 days.. come on!

Damn hackers! they make life so hard...
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:59 AM   #22
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I decided that incase of zombie apocalypse I really do need to get my cardio back in order so I've started C25K (for the second time). All was going well, I was almost half way through when I tried to switch between the C25K app and my music to skip a song, dropped my phone over the side of the treadmill, which jerked my headphones out, mumbled "shit", then in the process of looking to see where the phone ended up hit the side of the treadmill with one foot, tripped, and almost face-planted. Somehow I saved myself and slowed the treadmill down and salvaged my phone and what was left of my dignity. Thank god it was fairly dead in there today.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:16 PM   #23
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

The problem with the easy security questions are that either any person can socially engineer the answer, or you try and be smarty smart and come up with some crazy answer, which you can never remember. Like hiding money from yourself or something...

Treadmill falls are always epic! I feel like am idiot on the treadmill - this guy makes me so jealous, because i love dancing but could never even aspire to this. If i tried i would kill myself.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #24
youareneverready

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
I decided that incase of zombie apocalypse I really do need to get my cardio back in order so I've started C25K (for the second time). All was going well, I was almost half way through when I tried to switch between the C25K app and my music to skip a song, dropped my phone over the side of the treadmill, which jerked my headphones out, mumbled "shit", then in the process of looking to see where the phone ended up hit the side of the treadmill with one foot, tripped, and almost face-planted. Somehow I saved myself and slowed the treadmill down and salvaged my phone and what was left of my dignity. Thank god it was fairly dead in there today.
Ever heard of this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombies,_Run!
Old 05-17-2015, 04:05 PM   #25
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youareneverready View Post
Haha, I have seen it, never tried it though.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coprophilia