Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-03-2015, 07:02 PM   #1
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Easter- What's for Dinner

I got a beef roast to cook in the crock pot. I am also going to make mashed and green beans. I got King Hawaiian rolls as my father-in-law likes to eat bread with his meals. Hub is going to get some Easter colored cupcakes tomorrow while he is out to have for dessert. My mother in law is going to bring deviled eggs to have to munch on while we do egg hunt and such.

When I was growing up ham was pretty much every Easter. As I don't eat pork and both hub and his dad are on blood pressure meds, pork was out.

I considered making a bunny cake like the one my mom used to make when we were little (example below)...but decided cupcakes would work just as well and I will save having to do the dishes right before my in laws come.

Attachment 119427

What are you making for Easter dinner?
Old 04-03-2015, 11:37 PM   #2
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

My husband's grandmother wants us to take her out to dinner Sunday. I don't know where yet, she hasn't said. Probably seafood, maybe Chinese food. It's her choice.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ham
two types of kielbasa: co-op market made and one made specially for my sister by some of our dad's friends out in the country (more garlic, less salt, smoked using apple and oak)
three types of potato salad
tossed garden salad
steamed vegetables - broccoli, carrots, and peas
three types of babka - cheese, chocolate and raisin

Fresh fruit of some kind
Old 04-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #4
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My brother hosted, and I helped with the food. We did:

Pulled pork with homemade BBQ sauce, coleslaw and ciabatta rolls. Spring pasta salad with leeks, peas, asparagus, lemon, mint, chives and parmesan.
Bread pudding with bourbon sauce and assorted Easter candy.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:07 AM   #5
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

HORS D'OEUVRES:
- Prosciutto crudo
- Prosciutto cotto
- Pancetta
- Salame nostrano

FIRST DISH:
- Orecchiette with basil, shrimps and potatoes

MAIN COURSE:
- Stuffed roast
- Potatoes

SWEETS:
- Colomba
- Chocolate eggs

- Ginseng coffee

WINE:
- Barolo
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:57 PM   #6
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's a few days past Easter, but for the first time in my 50 years of life, I picked up a chocolate babka.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oops I posted mine on the Everyday food pics thread already.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...postcount=4126

We had sherry trifle for dessert but couldn't face it 'til the next day!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:01 AM   #8
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

these all sound delish! thanks for sharing!