Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

View Poll Results: Do you consider yourself a FA/FFA? How does size or fat factor into your potential re
FA/FFA as in exclusively attracted to fat people/people of size. 5 22.73%
FA/FFA, non-exclusive, see key. 5 22.73%
Same as 2, but rejecting the labels as something that further marginalizes fat people. 2 9.09%
Same as 2, but fat, size, shape, etc...having an intrinsic value 7 31.82%
Same as 4, but add feederism, gaining, etc... 3 13.64%
Shit, now I'm just confused, the more I try to think about it. 2 9.09%
None of your godamn business. 2 9.09%
I'm just here for the Activism, sick of being/seeing other people marginalized... 3 13.64%
Same as 8, 'cept activism/inclusion has to begin the in basic equality of fat people....see key 2 9.09%
It depends...who's asking? 3 13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2015, 10:25 PM   #1
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default A Poll, if you will...

So, inspired by any of a number of past discussions on here regarding FA/SA, preferences, & Activism, please consider the following poll open to all interested in participating:

Do you consider yourself a FA/FFA? How does size or fat factor into your potential relationships if at all?

Please refer back to the key in post 6 if any of the choices seem to ambiguous. Vote more than once if it changes. Or make two different choices at once if that better reflects your point of view
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:38 AM   #2
Quo

Quo has said some nice things

I would be considered an FA (although I generally agree with the issues raised against the term in the following post). The only way that size enters into my relationship is that it is important for me that my partner knows this about me, and I want them to love themselves and know that I will too.

In terms of potential relationships (theoretically at least), I will naturally be drawn to bigger people, sure. However I don't think that I would seek bigger partners exclusively. There is simply much more to people than this... and while my sexual preferences may have jump-started my size acceptance, I think if they influenced my judgments of others too much, or put me in an exclusive mindset, that it would be counterproductive. So they don't. Everyone is different, though, and I accept that.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:00 AM   #3
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Not sure this poll belongs in The Lounge, BUT..........

I am attracted to fat women. I find all women attractive in different ways, but my preference has always been fat women. With that said, I've been in relationships with women of all sized, including a size zero.

I used to call myself a FA when I first started visiting this site way back in 1997, but over the past 4-5 years I've done my best to distance myself from the term for 2 reasons.

1. The term fat admirer sounds like all you're attracted to is the fat, no more and no less, and.....

2. I think the term to those outside the fat community sounds creepy, thanks to the many creeps who embraced the term during their 15 minutes of fame on TV shows like Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz and the many other doctors who want the rest of the world to think negatively of anyone who's attracted to a fat person.

I'm many things in my life. I'm a father, a sales manager, a college graduate, a spiritual person, a musician, a fiancee', a social activist, and a guy who finds fat women attractive. None of them individually define me. I wish others in this community would understand that, but most are too busy pandering to others by claiming to be the "King Of All FAs" or some other bull**** to try to garner attention.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:27 AM   #4
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've said this before, but I don't consider myself to be exclusively an FFA because I find all kinds of men attractive and have dated quite a few different types, if there is such a thing. If I had to rank the physical qualities that I find attractive, I would probably put having a sexy voice a bit above a man's size. All else being equal, I would generally prefer a bigger guy over a smaller one, although IMO sometimes being thinner just works for certain people. And I hope that most people would find something other than size to admire in their partners.

I don't think my preference for bigger men has affected my relationships too much; it mostly just means that if the person I'm with happens to be a big guy or gain some weight I'm not too likely to nag him about it. I like to see people enjoy food rather than engage in endless calorie counting or obsess about fat/carb content, but I think what someone chooses to eat is his or her own business, so I don't identify as a feeder. Also, I've come across a few people here who seem to have some pretty extreme fantasies about weight gain, and I don't think I could ever see myself with someone who acts on those fantasies; it's something that I have trouble relating to, so we just wouldn't have much in common.

As far as size acceptance, I'd like to think that I don't treat anyone differently because of his or her size, but I certainly wouldn't consider myself an activist. Most of my volunteer work (none of which happens to be size-related) tends to take the form of service rather than activism, probably because it's better suited to my personality.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:48 AM   #5
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

I made a similar thread:

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...d.php?t=109534

Being an FA is one component of my overall identity. But just like my physical preferences, it is one part among many. These days I usually say chubby chaser (or just describe my preferences) outside of the community, and I have to thank Exile in Thighvillle for helping me come at peace with the term. I'm also not exclusively attracted to big women, shape has become increasingly important to me, and my physical preferences as a whole are only 35 to 40 percent of my reason for dating someone.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:48 PM   #6
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Heh...

I was in the middle of making the actual poll-itself and couldn't come up with succinct-enough wording for the options. Then I felt sleepy.

What should they've been? (Maybe I can still add them in. But first tell me if this a decent enough range of options)

1) FA/FFA as in exclusively attracted to fat people/people of size....although, of course, not necessarily all of them.

2) FA/FFA as in specifically attracted to fat people, as being fat, but also other types as well, in varying degrees. Fat or size (or shape?) being just one competing aesthetic value out of possibly many, without any inherent normative type of basis, outside of the context it belonging to that specific person.

3) Same as 2, but expressly rejecting the labels, as something that further marginalizes fat people.

4) Same as 2, but fat, size, shape, etc...having an intrinsic value, meaning something positive in itself, as opposed to merely being something to be positive about. EDIT: To try to relate this on more of a visceral level, consider metaphorical language, like describing something as buttery or like cream...

5) Same as 4, but add feederism, gaining, etc...

6) Shit, now I'm just confused, the more I try to think about it.

7) None of your godamn business.

8) I'm just here for the Activism, sick of being marginalized...

9) Same as 8, except activism/inclusion has to begin the in basic equality of fat people having the same right/privilege as thin or averaged size people to make the same everyday & mundane mistakes as anyone else (casual sex, being objectified, having biases or preferences of their own, etc...)
Old 05-14-2015, 07:15 PM   #7
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I consider myself an FFA for the easy purposes of identification on Dims - the acronym makes me laugh a bit. Generally, I call myself a chubby chaser in conversations because it sounds cuter and is more well known.

Fat factors into my relationship with my husband. I like fat guys, and he knew that from day 1 (no surprises, no manipulation). He says that my 'preference' makes him feel like he is living with a lover, confidant, and college drinking buddy. He was trained from birth that women are less sexual. When he stretches and his belly pops out - I lick my lips. When I bend over and my ass pops out, he gets that same sexual jolt. It is normal to us, equivalent, and he gets the enjoyment of teasing me about it (I think his favourite affectionate thing to say is probably "you are SUCH a gut slut").

Fat/my preferences doesn't factor into the relationships I have with anyone else, unless they make it clear that they know I am a) a chubby chaser and b) that I cook good food, and so they expect me to feed them really well when they visit. Am I sensitive to fatter individuals needs or wants? Probably, because I understand some of the annoying things that they can go through. I am more likely to shift over and make room for a heavier person who needs 1.5 seats on the subway than a skinny person (sardine in like the rest of us!).
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:20 PM   #8
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

LOL Yakatori - I don't know what they SHOULD be, but those options made me laugh! Most polls are so limpid and generic. I like how you were like lets make this super clear and honest!!!

It's like those exam formats: is it a? a and b? or a b and c?
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:49 PM   #9
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Default ^Well, this is srs bzness..

@wrestlingguy: I put it in the lounge because I wanted to get a current pulse on site-wide sentiment. Even as much as the query, most recently, originated out of BHM/FFA board.

Hopefully it won't offend too many.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:06 PM   #10
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

I feel like there's something limiting about most of the extra options going back to choice #2.

I consider myself an FFA, but if I'm talking about it with friends who aren't part of that whole scene, I use chubby chaser. More straightforward, less to explain.

I don't know how to answer the exclusivity question. I generally won't date thin men; I can find them aesthetically pleasing, but would likely be completely disinterested in sex. At least once the emotional thrill dies down, sometimes even before. In the hetero sense, I would say I'm exclusive. I'm attracted to a wide variety of women though, so I'm much more open on that front. But I've only dated men, so I would say it factors in rather significantly. If I were actually trying to find a female partner, I don't think body type would cross my mind.

Certain things related to being fat turn me on, but that ceases to be the case if it's deliberate. Someone naturally enjoying food = attractive. Someone trying to gain weight (when it's not really in their interest) = unattractive.

I don't have the personality for activism, but I'd likely tell someone off if the situation called for it. But that's just kind of being a decent human being.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:50 PM   #11
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Default ^But that's also kind of the whole idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
"...there's something limiting about most of the extra options going back to choice #2..."
Yeah, my original point was something about how most people don't really have a defined type. I mean, we all have had prior experiences that somehow comprise a pattern. But a lot of that can change as we meet new people, have different experiences.

Even things we feel relatively fixed on can ultimately change as our lives move past certain points. Or not.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:47 PM   #12
RabbitScorpion
vienna carrier-no venom

RabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I've only been in one relationship, many years, her BMI usually was about 60.

BBW with a BMI around 40 tend to be the most appealing to me. They just look so much more "cuddly" than WPTHW and tend to have cuter faces. That being said, some WPTHW are quite attractive, too, as are some SSBBW.

(Let me mention since my screen name is gender-neutral that I'm a straight guy.)

Feederism just isn't for me at all. I only knew about it after I found Dims, and it still seems odd to me, like obsessions with shoes or certain fabrics. I don't oppose it. To each his own, I guess.

Activism and equality are an important aspect of Dims. I look down on disrespect, inequality and demeaning in general.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:58 PM   #13
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Google didn't even help me out on this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitScorpion View Post
WPTHW
I have no idea what this could possibly mean, but I feel like I need to know.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:34 AM   #14
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
I have no idea what this could possibly mean, but I feel like I need to know.
Wonderful People That Have Warts.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:16 AM   #15
RabbitScorpion
vienna carrier-no venom

RabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Wonderful People That Have Warts.
LOL WIN!!!!

"Weight proportional to height woman".
Old 05-23-2015, 06:40 PM   #16
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Default Heh....

Telling that most unwieldy of choices, liguistically-speaking, is the most popular...
Old 06-02-2015, 03:44 AM   #17
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'd have to say I'm an unabashed #1. I've never experienced being attracted to any type of non-BHM, even emotionally. To me, the line between friendship-care and romantic care is still pretty defined. It'd be genuinely hard to date (kiss, cuddle, hold hands with) a non-BHM, even before factoring sex into the equation.

Like Amaranthine, I find the non-deliberate ways of being fat faaar more attractive. Possibly because it's more endearing? Something that is both sexy and endearing at the same time is my kryptonite.

...Come to think of it, I'm a big fan of yin-yang type combinations of things in general.
ODFFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:40 AM   #18
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Long before I ever saw the term “FA” (or, somewhat later, “chubby chaser”) I was attracted to fat women, and interested in fat in a lot of ways (being fat, fat friends, weight gain, and the list goes on). My self-identity is still more around that nameless list of what I like, than around the term FA. That is, in my mind, I don’t think “I’m an FA.” Rather I think “I am <actual first name>, do I like <this thing>? Why or why not?” In other words, these thing continue to attract and interest me, but I don’t say “I am this sort of person, therefore I will like this sort of thing.” (that would be an awfully boring way to live, I think).

Having said that, I was delighted when I came upon the phrase FA. My first assumption was “Wow, there are other people who like fat, they must like everything I do, in the way that I do!” (needless to say I never actually put it into words that way, or I probably would have seen how unlikely that was. But it was the hidden assumption in my mind). Eventually the web came around and I found myself to fat-centric sites, and began to learn some of how diverse people who used the term FA were. And I got educated enough to realize that the term itself was inaccurate and limited. So I tried to come up with other terms and more categories to describe types of FA.

Eventually I realized that most people didn’t care whether the term was perfect or not, they were just happy to have a piece of shorthand to make life easier. And that no categorization system was really going to do much to clarify what individuals liked, because preferences are so individual.

Hence, eventually I gave up trying to have the perfect label for myself and others who were in some way attracted or interested in fat, and concluded that a) the only way to really understand is to get to know people individually, and b) I just don’t need to know all the details.

I guess my position is that some basic categorization is useful, that we can talk about cows and horses as different species, and that it can be useful to have terms for some popular and common types of horses—but that for most people the exact breeders description just isn’t that relevant, what matters is how big this particular horse is and what its temperament is.

So, in the end I’ll use “FA” when it is convenient short hand for the people I’m communicating with, and I don’t use it when it isn’t, and in either case if there is some reason for me to want them to understand what I like, I’ll describe it.