Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #26
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Root Beer is my kryptonite. Always made me sick, so I haven't touched it in years...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #27
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I can't eat watermelon or cucumbers. They repeat on me for days and days. I love them. Once I ate a few pieces of cuke right from someones garden and i was fine... I wonder why? Just the same, I stay away from them.

I also can't/don't eat beans. Everyone raves about the high fiber but for me, it's the opposite. One serving and I can't go for days :-(

Green peppers repeat on me as well and I don't care for the taste, but I don't have that trouble with red or yellow, which I like.

I love sweets and chocolates, but will almost always pass on pies (apple, cherry, blueberry type) or things like cream puffs, eclairs or canolis. I just don't like the taste of them. Sometimes I wish I could develop an aversion to chocolate! lol
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:48 AM   #28
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Root Beer is my kryptonite. Always made me sick, so I haven't touched it in years...
I would have nothing to live for!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #29
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Latecomer to the thread, but here are mine-

Any peppers or chiles with capsaicin (chemical that makes them hot). I'm fine with bell peppers or peppercorn, but I have had anaphylaxis and had to go to the ER. I cab't always predict how strong the reaction will be. My lips, mouth and tongue swell, it's when my throat swells too that I'm in trouble. I've tried food, tasted the heat immediately and stopped and been fine. I've also not noticed heat at all in something really tangy, and had a big reaction.

I was lactose intolerant as a kid. It made my stomach hurt and gave me gas. I grew out of it, but every once in a while a total cheese-fest will give me a mild reaction.

I'm another cilantro hater. People will say "Oh, there's just a teeny bit, you won't even taste it." But you would taste a few squirts of dish detergent, and that's what it tastes like to me. I understand there are some who think it has a rotten taste, that would be even worse.

Edited to add persimmons do something weird where they make my mouth all prickly and tight feeling.

Sometimes wine will give me hives. Perhaps sulfites, though it doesn't seem to hold true with every wine.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #30
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Also latecomer. I have none of the allergies mentioned above.

However, I cannot stand most fruit. The taste and smell of apples, peaches, pears, berries (all of them), plums, melons, etc are nauseating and/or cause a gag reflex.

I love all citrus.

But if you puree or shred one of the above and mix it in will something else, that masks the flavor, or enhances another like a sauce such as bbq or hot pepper sauce. I have no bad reaction. *shrug*
Old 10-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #31
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Also latecomer. I have none of the allergies mentioned above.

However, I cannot stand most fruit. The taste and smell of apples, peaches, pears, berries (all of them), plums, melons, etc are nauseating and/or cause a gag reflex.

I love all citrus.

But if you puree or shred one of the above and mix it in will something else, that masks the flavor, or enhances another like a sauce such as bbq or hot pepper sauce. I have no bad reaction. *shrug*
Now that's a major suck about the fruit! I love most fruit.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:18 AM   #32
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

well, i was a bad girl today. i have a tree nut allergy. i break out in hives and get severe stomach pain until i can get the stuff passed.

my hub's aunt made zucchini bread and sent it to the house. my brain said 'i am pretty sure she said there were walnuts in there' but my naughty little taste buds said 'who cares it smells like cinnamon and nutmeg and we want it'. the force...it was strong with that zucchini bread. my husband tried doing the jedi mind thing with 'this is not the zucchini bread you are looking for'...but no, i was drawn to the dark side.

i had a little piece. bad. very bad. after pretty much living in the bathroom all evening and an antihistamine tab later i am still feeling it inch through my intestines and staving off itching every inch of my body.

the evil zucchini bread has been locked up in the freezer. it will be banished to my mother in law's house this weekend. lead me not into temptation...as it was mighty fine zucchini bread.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:15 AM   #33
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A single yam fry () will have me writhing in agony/stomach distending 8+ inches for 12 hours

The worst is when it is yam tempura or yam fries - I can forgo all the mashes and other stuff easily.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #34
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

I can't digest sea-food protein very well at all. It wants back out upwards or downwards as fast as possible - in summer in combination with skin rashes. Prawns are a bit better than calamari, but on a bad day...

In general, I'm not good at eating large quantities of red meat, especially fried or grilled, gives me indigestion. Never have been - even as a 5-year old when asked whether I wanted a hot dog/burger or a cheese toast, I'd always go for latter.

Since I don't eat a lot of pre-fab food, many of the additives there give me reflux and make me queasy.

With all these new food religions around, I think it's really being underestimated how differently people's bodies respond to different foods - and that 'diet' is one of the most individual things around
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:29 PM   #35
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have developed a shell fish allergy. Which sucks! When I was younger I loved shrimp and lobster. I still do! But eating that stuff now will send me to the hospital in a heartbeat. My throat closes, I get swollen.. horrible.

Then to top it off, I am becoming lactose intolerant which normally is no big deal because I was not much of a milk drinker. But now I can't have milk in my coffee, cereal and now I can't even have my beloved ice cream or cheese cake!

FML
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:25 AM   #36
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
Then to top it off, I am becoming lactose intolerant which normally is no big deal because I was not much of a milk drinker. But now I can't have milk in my coffee, cereal and now I can't even have my beloved ice cream or cheese cake!

FML
The good news is that there are enough people out there who are lactose intolerant that there are a lot of options. If it is purely lactose intolerance (my wife seems to also have issues with something else in milk, but pure lactose intolerance is the most common) there is lactose free milk and cream available, and even lactose free ice cream IIRC.

If milk products are more broadly an issue, there are soy based 'milk' and 'creamer' and 'ice cream' type products that are pretty widely available. Although my wife has found that she is preferring the coconut milk based products instead, and they are starting to show up in more places. Frankly I'd steal her coconut 'ice cream' because it tastes so good, but given that it is rather expensive and I can have the cheap stuff I keep my hands off of it.

Although when it comes to cheesecake.... I'm not sure that there are acceptable substitutes

Good luck on finding alternatives that don't hurt your innards or your wallet (at least not too much).
Old 07-14-2015, 02:54 PM   #37
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm allergic to tree nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, filberts, etc...) I can eat peanuts since peanuts are actually legumes not nuts. I have not tested this allergy in over a decade, last time I just puked my brains out (that's there they went!) I have no clue what I would do if exposed at this point. Could be better, could be worse. Sadly most Gins are made with almonds and I really like Gin. Supposedly the protein I am allergic to would not make it through the aromatic infusion but it's not worth the risk. Luckily a number of good Gins are confirmed nut free (Brokers, Hendricks and Tanqueray).