Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-04-2015, 04:32 PM   #1
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Smells that make you quesy

Not sure if there is a thread for this (didn't see one).

My hubby keeps cooking his eggs over a high temp and they come out with this vaguely burned smell which turns my stomach. He just gives me an odd look. I don't notice the smell when it is cooked over a lower temperature, but he seems to kind of sear/burn them and it is just horrid.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:18 PM   #2
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Aside from food that has gone bad no food smell makes me queasy. People complain about other people's cooking or heating their food, it's fine by me. This may be why I am so good at being a fat dude.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I do love me that characteristic...
Old 08-04-2015, 06:10 PM   #4
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It doesn't actually make me queasy, but I dislike the sulfurous smell of eggs.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #5
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Kimchi is one that people complain about a lot. I like kimchi personally (Trader Joe's is carrying it again). I actually have a poor sense of smell which may be why I like strong flavors and judge food slightly more on texture.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:32 PM   #6
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Fried sausage. We had it often when I was a kid and to this day it makes me nauseous.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #7
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
Isopropyl alcohol
Ah, I use that in my workshop all the time. The smell doesn't bother me, but what does bother me is the smell of acetone when I break that foul stuff out. Blechh.

Since this is the foodie board I should clarify I don't actually consume either of those things.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:45 PM   #8
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

And here I thought those were your drugs of choice for your music...
Old 08-04-2015, 07:04 PM   #9
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Fried sausage. We had it often when I was a kid and to this day it makes me nauseous.
HOW DARE YOU INSULT SAUSAGE!!! YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
Old 08-04-2015, 07:14 PM   #10
MattB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
And here I thought those were your drugs of choice for your music...
Acetone might be good inspiration for metal. I spilled some once and it melt some of my sanding pads. Evil stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
HOW DARE YOU INSULT SAUSAGE!!! YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
I like sausage though, I just have grim memories of my mom hot-boxing our kitchen with fried sausage. I'm not against importing it from other sources.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #11
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

cooking venison. makes me gag just thinking of it. my dad used to hunt when we were little and come home with deer meat. stunk up the whole house.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:39 PM   #12
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
cooking venison. makes me gag just thinking of it. my dad used to hunt when we were little and come home with deer meat. stunk up the whole house.
Venison can smell funky, the few times I've made it I marinated the venison (and the cook) in red wine first.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:49 PM   #13
firefly

firefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this board

Being a vegetarian for several years now the smell of meat in general causes my stomach to cringe.
Don`t misunderstand me, everybody should eat what he or she wants, but even opening my parents fridge isn`t fun for me at all.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:12 AM   #14
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I LOVE fried meat, but when they first put the meat in the hot oil/grease it gives off this odor, ugh!
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:37 AM   #15
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

For a lot of foods, the smell that comes out of the microwave after they've been reheated. They may taste great, but something about that smell after reheating can rather turn my stomach.

Also, overt egg-cooking smells. But that is purely pavlovian, because of how much eggs make me feel ill when I eat them. Back when I could eat them the smell didn't bother me at all.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:04 PM   #16
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Butter flavoured microwave popcorn. The smell actually catches in my throat and makes me cough for about an hour. I've banned my son from making it in the house.

Chicken flavoured instant (ramen) noodles. I can eat them okay but the smell that comes from the kitchen when someone else makes them, makes me feel sick.

Beef dripping. (beef fat sold in a block, for frying food). My downstairs neighbour does a fried breakfast every Sunday using it and the smell wafts up to my house and seems to linger for hours. It turns my stomach and I spend most of the day feeling nauseous. ( Yet chips cooked in it are amazing!)

Any kind of food that is going, or has gone "off". Even a banana skin or apple core in the kitchen bin that is slightly over ripe, makes me green about the gills. I hate having a sensitive sense of smell.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #17
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

^^ Great, now I'm going to have to make popcorn! Not the microwave stuff, though. I hadn't thought about it before, but it does sort of become and airborne irritant as soon as the bag is opened.

Nothing I can think of makes me queasy, but I don't really like the smell of broccoli, cauliflower or cabbage cooking. Or liver, but then I don't eat it, so I never have to smell it cooking either.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:23 PM   #18
ElyBiggs
The agony of delete.

ElyBiggs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesElyBiggs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesElyBiggs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

For me, it's the four cheese quiche we make for breakfast buffets at work. I can scramble eggs all day and be fine, but the second the oven doors open and we pull those big hotel pans of quiche out, I have to find an excuse to leave the room.
ElyBiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:32 PM   #19
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Cooked broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage...blech.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #20
socrates74

socrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessocrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Kimchi is one that people complain about a lot. I like kimchi personally (Trader Joe's is carrying it again). I actually have a poor sense of smell which may be why I like strong flavors and judge food slightly more on texture.
I liked enough to do-it-myself. Tired of paying others. Reason I bought a food processor - for grinding garlic and ginger root on a large scale. Soaking the cabbage leaves in salt water is fun. Fermentation takes the longest time. Korean-American markets did have rock bottom cabbage prices and the bought bulk from California. Their chilli pepper spice was imported and too expensive. I would de-seed the pepper packets that come with pizza. Worked out - OK. Next time it will be even better. Don't fool yourself 90% of North Americans won't go for it - So housemates attitudes have to be considered.
I started seeking out polish, Ukrainian, and Russian vegetable dishes as a result also.
socrates74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:19 PM   #21
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticed

Let me first say, I love butter, put it in and on baked goods. Love it on veggies, toast, the occasional steak butttt. There is something about when you are frying something in butter that just gets to me.
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:42 AM   #22
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Fishy fish - makes me gag.

And also many ready-made foods have weird chemical ingredients that smell inedible all the way.

Hint for the cabbage haters: Pour boiling water over any cabbage, boil for 2 minutes, drain it and then add fresh water with a spoon of lemon juice to finish cooking it. No more smells, better taste, easier to digest.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:33 PM   #23
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The fish sauce I mentioned in the Latest Kicks thread is a flavor enhancer. However, it smells exactly what you think it does. Dead fish.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:05 PM   #24
finallyfat

finallyfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfinallyfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfinallyfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Cooking liver- The nose taint of filtered toxins releasing from a dead, burning organ.

Bathroom air after a smoker pooped- Noxious as Bhopal. Heavy gray compound of feces/nicotine molecules. A malignant fog.

Morning tooth decay- Mouth miasma. Even the nice words smell bad.

Unwashed hoohaw- Like salty shit. Instant E.D.

Cyst sebum- Smegmatic.

Sneakers- Like a decomposing wet dog.

Inflatable toy air- Aged spent molecules of bad breath and fouled rubber. Use an air pump!

Burnt hair- The waft of inflatable toy air coupled with smoker's latrine cloud.

Porta potties- Pestilence and disease by the lung-full. Safer to go in one's pants.

Lower Manhattan on a steaming August dog day- All of the above accompanied by car horns and exhaust.
finallyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #25
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

That asphalt sealer stuff they spray on gravel roads to keep the dust down.
They use it to seal small cracks in the roads too.
It makes me blow chunks.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote