Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-09-2015, 04:23 PM   #51
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am pretty sure I put dishwasher pods in with my laundry instead of laundry detergent pods.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:20 AM   #52
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I totally forgot about a meeting I'd booked for this morning, and was away from my desk when the reminder popped up. Only good fortune brought me back into the vicinity a couple of minutes after it was supposed to start, when one of the people was at my desk wondering if I was coming.

In other news, my head feels like it is full of cotton batting today.... and I have to deal with auditors this afternoon. Blech!
Old 08-12-2015, 11:59 AM   #53
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Dwesterny - lol, well soap is soap is soap, right?

@Tad Internal or external? External audits are worse, IMO...

---

I am so tired i was roasting bones for broth and laid down in the couch. Eyes popped open at the smell of overcooking bones. Doh...they were ok but ugh, bad bad bad to fall asleep while cooking!!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:04 PM   #54
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Dwesterny - lol, well soap is soap is soap, right?

---

I am so tired i was roasting bones for broth and laid down in the couch. Eyes popped open at the smell of overcooking bones. Doh...they were ok but ugh, bad bad bad to fall asleep while cooking!!
Yes, my clothes came out with no water spots. So all good.

I always set my cell phone timer because I have burned soup. Technically, if it is made from bones it's stock not broth. The bones give it a higher gelatin content making it richer and more full bodied. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! and only slightly less well known then that: "Never make a mistake involving food around fat people and expect to get away with it"
Old 08-12-2015, 12:12 PM   #55
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ha! Oh, the horror, oh, the humanity!! See, i am just so used to my food being so good that people are too busy stuffing it in their face to correct me.

"Well, is it good or not!!!?!?"

"Cant talk. Busy eating."
Old 08-12-2015, 12:15 PM   #56
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

I recall you saying you were making smores ice cream not long ago. All can be forgiven for those who make ice cream.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:16 PM   #57
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
I recall you saying you were making smores ice cream not long ago. All can be forgiven for those who make ice cream.
I would like to mention that I can make dairy-free coconut-chocolate ice cream!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:23 PM   #58
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
It was just inventory verification. We have very little inventory, but this is the first year we've had enough that the (external) auditors actually bothered to come and do a check. It went fine, but it was a pain because our chips are all sealed in anti-static/moisture-barrier bags, so to actually count anything had to cut the bags open, cut off the straps to seperate the brick of trays, then after thirty seconds of counting re-strap the trays and re-seal the bag. I'm glad I wore shorts today, the store room gets hot! (and as usual up here, it was an accounting new grad who was more confused than we were, so all was fine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
I would like to mention that I can make dairy-free coconut-chocolate ice cream!
Old 08-15-2015, 03:26 AM   #59
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Here is a :doh: moment...

On Monday I noticed my wrist watch was dead..so what do I do.. I keep wearing the watch the rest of the week..

What is the point in wearing it if it can no longer tell time. Routines.. ugh..
Old 08-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #60
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

So, I take Saturday morning French classes because it's ridiculous that I've been dabbling in the language for so many years and can't speak it near-fluently yet. This morning, we were asked if we remembered what the word descendre means.

I had my smartass wannabe-linguist hat on, so instead of saying "to descend," like most would be tempted to, I answered "to go down or to get off." *Cue the class's blush-chuckle moment of the day!* Couldn't help thinking to myself: oh boy, we're having french class NOW Monsieur le professeur had an especially good chuckle to himself about it.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:53 PM   #61
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Thats awesome!!

I gave someone else a doh moment. I used to date a polish guy and was in Poland for two weeks, so i know the tinest bit of polish. Like, a tiny bit.

This guy was on the phone talking to his wife and he said (roughly) "ill be home at 6, lets eat on the couch, these people are dumbasses. thanks bye".

So out of respect (because people have a crap load of trouble with polish names, i politely asked him "do you prefer jay or Janusz? And Dont worry, we will be done by six!" And he looked so thunderstruck and "doh".

I barely caught his meaning, but I knew "kanapa" "dupka" and a few other words. I let him think i could understand more than that. I can only spell this phoentically, but "moi ...ex?...hoopak uche minyay polskego". I can say yes, please, couch and socks! Just enough to embarass a man for being a douche and talking about people in plain sight!!
Old 08-24-2015, 12:35 PM   #62
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
So, I take Saturday morning French classes because it's ridiculous that I've been dabbling in the language for so many years and can't speak it near-fluently yet. This morning, we were asked if we remembered what the word descendre means.

I had my smartass wannabe-linguist hat on, so instead of saying "to descend," like most would be tempted to, I answered "to go down or to get off." *Cue the class's blush-chuckle moment of the day!* Couldn't help thinking to myself: oh boy, we're having french class NOW Monsieur le professeur had an especially good chuckle to himself about it.
It could have been worse. I learned the hard way when, in high school French II, I asked Mme. Attaway (my teacher):

Porquoi est-qu'on dit "j'ai chaud", et pas "je suis chaud"?

Which is grammatically correct, sure, but means:

Why does one say "I have heat" (I am hot) and not "I am hot" (I am horny)?

Mme. batted her eyes playfully at me just long enough for me to realize what had just come out of my mouth...

Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:04 AM   #63
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
It could have been worse. I learned the hard way when, in high school French II, I asked Mme. Attaway (my teacher):

Porquoi est-qu'on dit "j'ai chaud", et pas "je suis chaud"?

Which is grammatically correct, sure, but means:

Why does one say "I have heat" (I am hot) and not "I am hot" (I am horny)?

Mme. batted her eyes playfully at me just long enough for me to realize what had just come out of my mouth...

Ah le francais! So many glorious little Freudian slips to be made. Just last week, too, we were warned about not confusing "une exposition (d'art)" with "une exhibition;" as in, "this weekend? Oh, I'll just be going to the museum to watch people take off their clothes." *Culturedly tosses hair over shoulder*

No one would bat an eye if you said "art exhibition" in english, but in french, you'll soon be left wondering why your reputation has taken such a sudden dive.... or increased so vastly, depending on the crowd
Old 08-25-2015, 05:24 AM   #64
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I love the subtlies and totally admire you both! Due to political reasons, kids in Canada are forced fed terrible french by bitter french teachers and we learn to hate it and them.

Now that i am older i want to learn the language but i not only dont have a place to practice daily, i dread not being able to communicate well or clearly, especially as. I would want to use it professionally..

------

That akward moment when you accidentally like a post on fb whole trying to
Scroll, in fact you dont like it...so you unlike it...but the person got a notification that you liked it. Like being uninvited to a party
Old 08-25-2015, 05:34 AM   #65
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I love the subtlies and totally admire you both! Due to political reasons, kids in Canada are forced fed terrible french by bitter french teachers and we learn to hate it and them.

Now that i am older i want to learn the language but i not only dont have a place to practice daily, i dread not being able to communicate well or clearly, especially as. I would want to use it professionally..

------

That akward moment when you accidentally like a post on fb whole trying to
Scroll, in fact you dont like it...so you unlike it...but the person got a notification that you liked it. Like being uninvited to a party
Xy, you can try Rosetta Stone, they have an on-line course.. and towards the end of the course some where around the fourth month, you get to chat with people who are fluent in the language of your choice so that you get to practice and become fluent.

It is fun to be honest. I have it for Japanese. I am taking it slow though. My old brain does not pick up things as quickly as it use to. After Japanese I am doing Italian, then Russian, then french... I love languages.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:54 AM   #66
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

Quote:
That akward moment when you accidentally like a post on fb whole trying to Scroll, in fact you dont like it...so you unlike it...but the person got a notification that you liked it. Like being uninvited to a party
I'm pretty sure that's happened to me before too >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
After Japanese I am doing Italian, then Russian, then french... I love languages.
A woman after my own heart I only wish I had my language learning to-do list as sorted as you have yours. So much indecision. So much.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:58 AM   #67
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
A woman after my own heart I only wish I had my language learning to-do list as sorted as you have yours. So much indecision. So much.
lol.. it is only decided because they were on sale when I purchased the Japanese program.. I kept going back and forth as to which ones I wanted to do. Japanese I chose first because there is a group of accountants that are Japanese and they seem to have trouble understanding some procedures because of the language barrier and I wanted to learn the language to make communication easier for everyone.

I get frustrated when I try to explain something and I lack the ability to give someone full information.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:45 AM   #68
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

I got a message on a social media thing from someone I was talking to a month ago. I was supposed to email her at the time and I did. She said she thought I was not interested because she never got my email and just saw that I asked about it on the site. I suggested the email may have gone to spam a month ago. Then I said "I just resent it"and she logged off the site. Yeah, I meant re-sent. As in I had just re-sent her the e-mail.

Yup. I am a bit bummed but it's also kinda funny too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2015, 06:53 AM   #69
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I dont get it - i reread this a few times. How else would it be interpreted? **blink**
Old 08-26-2015, 06:54 AM   #70
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

re·sent
rəˈzent/
verb
feel bitterness or indignation at (a circumstance, action, or person).

As in I resented not hearing back after the e-mail I assume. The sentence definitely could have been interpreted that way.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:58 AM   #71
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Omg! My brain totally autocorrected that in the context of the msg!!

Lmao that does suck, and it is kind of funny... She sounds a little stuck up tho

I guess to me "i just resent it" doesnt really jive as an english sentence. " i resent that" maybe.

Yayz for english language fails
Old 08-26-2015, 07:03 AM   #72
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

I just resent it.

Could be

I simply feel bitterness towards it (lack of response the best assumption).

Or

I recently sent it (the e-mail) again.

Semantics. I'm always up for semantics.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:10 AM   #73
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I know - i get it now my brain just doesnt aknowledge the validity of it. There are some sentences my brain just doesnt like or acknowledge to be valid.

Like "oh its a date" - yes, technically it could be "oh, it is a date!" As in an exclaimatjon about the fruit,but especially if it is in the context of a conversation, my brain is like nope. Invalid syntax.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:17 AM   #74
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm not sure what made me think of this, but the following is one of my very derpiest moments (I imagine those of you from New York or some of you other metropolitan types might find it rather amusing):

When I was in grad school, I lost my car key (derpy moment #1), and some friends were kind enough to take me home to get my spare key. I told them I would take a cab back to the parking lot to pick up my car, so they left; and I called a cab company and waited for it to show up. But that is the one and only time I have ever ridden in a cab, so I completely forgot passengers are supposed to get in the back seat. I opened the front passenger door and climbed right in as if we were besties, as the driver scrambled to move his logbooks, a paper bag that probably contained his dinner, a novel he had been reading, and other assorted belongings. That's when I realized my mistake, but it was too late to turn back! So I sat right there in the front seat with him and we chatted like old friends until we got to the St. Louis Arena (this was before city officials decided to blow it up) where my car was sitting, then he waited to make sure I got it started up before he left. He was really nice about the whole thing, but I still felt really really stupid.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:33 AM   #75
Tad
mostly harmless

MsBrightside’s story reminds me of one of my all-time derpiest moments. I graduated university in the middle of a severe recession and it was hard to land even an interview. In months of job hunting I got only my third interview – in Montreal, most of two hours away from Ottawa (where I was – resentfully -- living back at home). I had to borrow my Mom’s car to drive there. Interview with HR went well, then I had to drive a convoluted route to another building where I interviewed with the group I’d be working with, and that also seemed to go well.

When I went to leave, I discovered that I’d locked my keys in the car. We were in the middle of massive industrial park with neither a garage or a pay phone to be seen, and I didn’t even have a map. I ended up having to go back inside, explain the situation, and ask to borrow a phone book and their phone, and request info about what garages in the phone book might be remotely close to where we were. One of the guys there volunteered instead to call CAA (like AAA, but Canadian) on my behalf, pretending it was his card. We did that, and I eventually got underway.

I did get the job, but I never asked if my keys misadventure had influenced them one way or another.

Tags
coprophilia