Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 07-30-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Summer 2015

Summer's more than half over already. Have any of you done anything exciting? I can't do a lot these days (recreationally) so I live vicariously through the people around me. Haha

I bought a new car recently so driving in the gorgeous weather has been a blast. Now that I have some outside space to myself i've been using it and have a pretty good tan going on. I might do a couple little roadtrips in the future, but that's about it.

What are you all up to?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150531_144022__1___1438285217_57136.jpg (88.7 KB, 177 views)
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #2
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Glad you've been enjoying your new car, Surly! I missed seeing you around here the last few weeks, but it looks like your absence was for a good cause.

You probably already read the posts in which I whined about acquiring a new stepmother, 4 new step-siblings (raising the grand total to 8), and going to my dad's wedding in Illinois back in June. It kind of got the adrenaline going, but not in a good way.

I've also been to a few water parks, seen Minions 3D, hosted a sleepover for ten 12- and 13-year-old girls, and taught summer camp (which is now over--yay!) Quite the glamorous life.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:00 PM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We had passes for the 10 day music festival that is near us in early July each year, and that was OK (not the best year, but still was fun). Really haven't done much else, and only have a week of actual vacation planned, at the end of August, and still don't know what I'm doing with it.

At least we are in risk of spontaneously igniting, like a lot of western Canada! A co-worker is from the Seattle area, and apparently they've banned logging there because it is so dry that they fear the friction from chainsaws could start a forest fire. So the dry doesn't stop at the 49th parallel, apparently.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:17 PM   #4
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Having taken two weeks of my summer holidays in June to go with the family to France, I am making up for that by working more weeks in July than usual.

Last weekend we took the Westfalia to camp on the St. Lawrence at Upper Canada Bird Sanctuary - a great campground, with a nice breeze off the river on those hot nights!

Next week we're back to Nova Scotia to finish clearing up my mother's house prior to its sale.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:29 AM   #5
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I went to visit a lady Dimmer friend for a few days back in June, which was fun. Met up with another lady Dimmer friend for lunch a bit later in the month, which was also fun. June was pretty exciting, but Summer has been same old same old since then.
Dromond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:09 PM   #6
Archetypus

Archetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized rep

I've been training really hard for Tough Mudder Colorado. I hope I don't die. But I haven't been as strong & hardy since high school, which has led to me getting laid by the old lady more, so...bonus.

This is the soundtrack to my life:
https://youtu.be/tx1mryKqvT8?t=17s
Archetypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:00 PM   #7
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'd say this summer has been the most interesting of my life: company made national/world news, I just got out of a meeting with economists that works for the executive branch of the U.S., got taken out in a yacht for work, wined and dined like a white person, I was given a travel voucher paid for by the company for any trip I'd like to take. It's been a whirlwind, and a great way to start my 30s.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:14 PM   #8
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

wined and dined like a white person ...lol!

-------

This summer has gone to the dogs

I have been competing in RallyO and by the end of this month i hope both my dogs will have their novice titles and be a hairsbreath from their advanced titles.

I have been doing every practice run and agility wvent i can get my hands on. I think that by this winter we may be able to start competing my older dog. He just has to wrap his head around weave poles. Maybe jumpers only this winter.

And the best part is that this is going to slide right into house league, where we spend a full day once a month watchig each other, challenging and practicing. If my big boy gets into masters houseleague, i will be there TWO sundays a month, in addition to every saturday for several hours.

Hubby is going to kill me for being away so much - but he COULD watch . this is about having fun and pushing as we are ready...it isnt about the ribbons. I have boxes of ribbons - who cares? Just about fun fun fun.

Now i need a better job to support my addiction.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:13 PM   #9
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Don't forget all the time you got to spend with your parents! Those are my favourite pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I'd say this summer has been the most interesting of my life: company made national/world news, I just got out of a meeting with economists that works for the executive branch of the U.S., got taken out in a yacht for work, wined and dined like a white person, I was given a travel voucher paid for by the company for any trip I'd like to take. It's been a whirlwind, and a great way to start my 30s.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:51 AM   #10
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Nice car, Surly!

Until the end of July I was interviewing for jobs, trying to finish my dissertation and 3 other assignments, prepping for/taking an exam, attending placement at the hospital and trying to fit in time to go to my part-time job and see my girlfriend without having a nervous breakdown. I JUST managed it, but it was a close call at times!

Then I went to my friend's hen party, which was fun, before my lady and I went to Crete for a week. We lay in the sun, pottered about, couldn't believe how hot it was, and generally had an awesome time.

Now I am back in Manchester for the final placements of my degree....3 weeks left and 8 more babies to deliver. Trying to sort out employment/registration/temp work. Hoping it stops raining and warms up a bit so I can be outdoors on my days off....realising I don't have a day off this week. Boo!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:59 AM   #11
Surlysomething

Thanks.

You're crazy busy! Glad you enjoyed yourself on your vacation! I saw your pics on FB and you both looked look you were enjoying yourselves. You looked great, by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
Nice car, Surly!

Until the end of July I was interviewing for jobs, trying to finish my dissertation and 3 other assignments, prepping for/taking an exam, attending placement at the hospital and trying to fit in time to go to my part-time job and see my girlfriend without having a nervous breakdown. I JUST managed it, but it was a close call at times!

Then I went to my friend's hen party, which was fun, before my lady and I went to Crete for a week. We lay in the sun, pottered about, couldn't believe how hot it was, and generally had an awesome time.

Now I am back in Manchester for the final placements of my degree....3 weeks left and 8 more babies to deliver. Trying to sort out employment/registration/temp work. Hoping it stops raining and warms up a bit so I can be outdoors on my days off....realising I don't have a day off this week. Boo!
Old 08-14-2015, 11:18 AM   #12
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I agree with Surly, sounds like it has been a crazy busy Summer, but memorable too!

We finally have some camping planned, for the end of August, and will spend the day on a lake tomorrow. So getting a bit of out-of-the-city Summer fun in before the weather turns.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:24 PM   #13
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
Nice car, Surly!
I don't know where or when but someone referred to it as some point as the surly mobile - now that's all I can think of!

But it is a nice car!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote