Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-30-2015, 09:13 AM   #51
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
karaoke maybe? I think it would be great
If it has to be karaoke, count me out!
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:56 AM   #52
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I did Karaoke once.

Infer from that everything you need to know about why it will stay "once".
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:54 PM   #53
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
Is there anyone here who isn't into video games? (My geeky game obsession is QuizUp.)

Maybe we can do something else while the rest of the group is occupied: I'm open to suggestions.
of course I meant a challenge under the category of Ancient Rome
Not into video games here - I can't see the point of many of them.

But board games, and some card games - sign me up! From Monopoly to Waterworks to Carcassone to Rail Europa to Munchkin to Pandemic, there are a lot of great games out there.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:58 PM   #54
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

video games, karaoke, board games, beaches, wet t-shirt contest... we can do it all!
Old 08-31-2015, 02:02 AM   #55
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
Not into video games here - I can't see the point of many of them.

But board games, and some card games - sign me up! From Monopoly to Waterworks to Carcassone to Rail Europa to Munchkin to Pandemic, there are a lot of great games out there.
That sounds fun too! I rarely play these sort of games as I don't have anyone to play with. I'm quite good at crib, though!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:10 AM   #56
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Given that there seems to be some actual Minecraft interest...who would actually, really, truly be interested in this?

If there is legitimate interest, I can look about sourcing us a private server/teamspeak channel which would be whitelisted to only us. Meaning, we could chat over our headphone and/or play and chat in minecraft on a dims only server. I'd be able to lock down membership so that only approved people could join, and continued ability to participate would be based on NOT being a major arsehole.

Summary of minecraft: it is basically a game built off of "blocks" vaguely reminiscent of Lego. There is ZERO plot to the game, so you could spin in a circle, run, or dig for a year. There are no quests, no purpose, except what you make. The idea is you have a literally unlimited map and ability to make anything that strikes your fancy. There is a survival element in terms of monsters can and do attack you, and you can drown or burn in lava, and you need to eat in order to live.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:13 AM   #57
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
ability to participate would be based on NOT being a major arsehole.
Aw but I wanted to try.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2015, 10:19 AM   #58
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Its all a scale. I think you could toe that line.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:23 AM   #59
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Baha, I can think of several times I would have posted this chart in WoW.

I like the idea of building, actually. The last few months between WoW expacs I used to hang out in the cities and draw in the virtual space by laying down patterns of feast tables. Usually drawings were vulgar.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:08 PM   #60
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Given that there seems to be some actual Minecraft interest...who would actually, really, truly be interested in this?

If there is legitimate interest, I can look about sourcing us a private server/teamspeak channel which would be whitelisted to only us. Meaning, we could chat over our headphone and/or play and chat in minecraft on a dims only server. I'd be able to lock down membership so that only approved people could join, and continued ability to participate would be based on NOT being a major arsehole.

Summary of minecraft: it is basically a game built off of "blocks" vaguely reminiscent of Lego. There is ZERO plot to the game, so you could spin in a circle, run, or dig for a year. There are no quests, no purpose, except what you make. The idea is you have a literally unlimited map and ability to make anything that strikes your fancy. There is a survival element in terms of monsters can and do attack you, and you can drown or burn in lava, and you need to eat in order to live.
You know how to set something like that up?! That would be so amazing! I've never really a chance to play with other people like that before!
Old 08-31-2015, 12:13 PM   #61
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

How much does this cost? I would be happy to help foot some of the bill. I can do the TS if you want.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:40 PM   #62
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Its all a scale. I think you could toe that line.
I love this!!!!.....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2015, 02:02 PM   #63
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

That would be awesome dwes - I'm actually inquiring about costs from my server god friend who ran our last private instance on costs/feasibility/setup etc for both TS and minecraft server. Hopefully he will come on his TS tonight and I can bug him.

@ loopy, its a ton of fun IMO opinion, because it is basically a 'chat facilitator' (meaning your hands are busy and lapses in convo are not uncomfortable, plus you get to talk about game stuff and be more relaxed than formal conversation would make it) and you get to just fart around without competition...in so many level based games I end up falling behind and then you can't play with your friends. Minecraft isn't like that.

Although LOL (League of Legends) was ok for that...but more frustrating if ppl are sore losers and fly off the handle and throw their headsets and then log off in a rage quit
Old 08-31-2015, 02:20 PM   #64
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
That would be awesome dwes - I'm actually inquiring about costs from my server god friend who ran our last private instance on costs/feasibility/setup etc for both TS and minecraft server. Hopefully he will come on his TS tonight and I can bug him.

@ loopy, its a ton of fun IMO opinion, because it is basically a 'chat facilitator' (meaning your hands are busy and lapses in convo are not uncomfortable, plus you get to talk about game stuff and be more relaxed than formal conversation would make it) and you get to just fart around without competition...in so many level based games I end up falling behind and then you can't play with your friends. Minecraft isn't like that.

Although LOL (League of Legends) was ok for that...but more frustrating if ppl are sore losers and fly off the handle and throw their headsets and then log off in a rage quit
Let me know what I can do. I've only just rented the servers before for a monthly sub, which I am happy to do.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:23 PM   #65
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I'm not particularly a party person, so personally I'd be more along the lines of travelling around and periodically meeting people from here for, well, whatever seemed to make sense.
Basically I like having something to do with people, but something that allows for wandering, protracted, conversations. So I'd love to go do things with you all. (no, not *those* things ok, a little flirting and joking about those could be fun)
i'm with tad on this one...i am not much of a party girl or gamer...

in my dream world i would have the cash to drag my big handsome hub around to visit all dims folks and see their little corner of the world.

oh, and i am all about CAH. we used to go play with a group of hub's comic book pals and it lets you know just how sick your friends really are

fyi...if we make it to the dims island, hub and i volunteer for suntan lotion duty
Old 09-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #66
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

We will have to spend an inordinate time convicing them to take their shirts off first before lotioning can begin!
Old 09-08-2015, 12:12 AM   #67
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
We will have to spend an inordinate time convicing them to take their shirts off first before lotioning can begin!
Experience has taught me that taking my own shirt off first seems to work! ...then again, probably inappropriate in a public place!
Old 09-08-2015, 04:12 AM   #68
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Experience has taught me that taking my own shirt off first seems to work! ...then again, probably inappropriate in a public place!
It would indeed be ungentlemanly not to match boob for boob in such a case.