Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 02-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #1
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default My 600lb Life on TLC

I noticed tonight's episode features Pauline from Dimensions.

I don't think she has posted in Dims in a long while, but as I recall she has had a tough time of things. My fingers are crossed for her.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:18 AM   #2
MarkZ

MarkZ can now change their title
Default Pauline

I watched with hope for Pauline, used to chat with her. Not the outcome I was expecting. I hope she finds some happiness.
MarkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Unless she changes her attitude her WLS will have been for not. WLS is not a magic pill -- its a tool that helps change hard to change behaviors. However, if a super-obese person is not on board with the lifestyle changes required for that super-obese person to loose weight the cost vs benefit of WLS doesn't pencil out.

Pauline is obviously not on board. She refuses to increase her level of activity and refuses to stop eating junk. Looks like she subjected herself to a major surgery for nothing.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
Pauline

Pauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticed
Default My 600lb show

Im not going to get all insulted and heated here but the show twisted and lied about me. THEY are the ones who took my son to go buy fast food and then filmed us eating it...I bought the best thing that wouldn't hurt me from there but it was all their idea and they paid for it all then aired it like all I eat is fast food. They also neglected to say that I had 4 surgeries in 3 months and had a lot of reason to cry and whine and be in pain. I just had my gastric bypass December 3rd 2014...2 months ago so I haven't had a ton of time to lose weight but I did lose 100lbs before surgery and 84lbs since December 3rd...but they don't tell that either. The doctor told me not to eat fruit or vegetables or salads and of course no sugars or sodas so there aren't a super amount of things Im supposed to eat and I am nauseas everyday still so I struggle with eating things that Im supposed to eat with high protein and that set well in my tummy. There are just a lot of things they twisted to make me look bad. Don't believe me if you don't want to but I went threw a lot of trouble to move to Texas to see this doctor and to give my son back his life and get mine back too...I wouldn't waste everyones time or money. And I NEVER missed even one physical therapy appointment either. Anyway...I put a response to this show on youtube if anyone is interested in hearing it, if not that's fine too but it really wasn't like they made it out to be. They turned me into last seasons Penny.

Pauline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:37 PM   #5
1love_emily
COLLEGE

1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hi Pauline and all,

Pauline, I really want to recognize you standing up for yourself. I've never had the gut to watch "My 600 LB Life" on TLC because I feel like TLC would bastardize and make mockery of the life of people in your situation. I was worried about what got left on the cutting room floor. TLC isn't about educational television anymore, it's a network looking for shock value and large amounts of people who want to gawk at people who are different than them.

I hope you continue with the good work you're doing for yourself.

Much love,
Emily

Love, Emily
1love_emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:59 PM   #6
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love_emily View Post
Hi Pauline and all,

I was worried about what got left on the cutting room floor. TLC isn't about educational television anymore, it's a network looking for shock value and large amounts of people who want to gawk at people who are different than them.

I agree. I know a few people who have been involved with reality television and in every single case, there was very little reality involved in the broadcast episodes. It's very much scripted. The difference is that instead of an actor reading lines, the producers take hours and hours and hours of footage of the subject and cherry pick from it to make it fit their script.

I even had a run-in with the media myself when I participated in a segment on a "good morning" type local interest tv show along with some other members of my city's local NAAFA chapter way back in the day. The segment was supposed to be about fat people in happy relationships. They tried very hard to put a really squicky fetish spin on it though. One of the couples who was supposed to be interviewed with us walked out of the green room and wouldn't do the interview because they saw it was a setup. If a local network affiliate can twist around something on a little live morning show, what can a producer who has the backing of an entire cable network do with their resources?
Old 02-23-2015, 10:06 AM   #7
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have a hard time having sympathy for people who go on shows like this. There are MULTIPLE threads/posts about people having the exact same experiences over the year. I mean. c'mon... do you REALLY think it was going to be positive?
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:15 PM   #8
LinathSuru
Dreamer

LinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging in

I don't have a hard time feeling sympathy for just about anyone... It's easy to regret decisions, and it's easy to think you're going to make a positive change or defy the normal outcome and show a different side to a story.

I feel bad for how they twisted your story, Pauline. I'm glad you posted to share your side. I pretty much agree with everything Emily said and I hope you get everything you want out of your efforts.

I'd rep you both if I could too.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:07 PM   #9
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

When will people learn that TLC and every other fucking tv channel like it, is NOT going to put a rainbows and sunshine spotlight on fat people, especially on a show called My 600lb Life. They want a fucking spectacle. They want to make money. They know that putting negative light on a morbidly obese person will garner way more attention/views/money.

This is nothing new. It sucks that it happened, AGAIN. But its nothing new at all.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:07 PM   #10
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Not exactly, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
"I have a hard time having sympathy for people who go on shows like this. There are MULTIPLE threads/posts about people having the exact same experiences over the year. I mean. c'mon... do you REALLY think it was going to be positive?"
I don't think Pauline is actually asking for sympathy, per se. It's more like, she knows lots of people both here and on YouTube. And she went on this show, for whatever motive. And now that the show's being aired, she's just setting it straight, the difference between what's being shown versus her own, real, p.o.v. So far, she hasn't really said anything along the lines of regret at having done it (the show, that is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
"Im not going to get all insulted and heated here but the show twisted and lied about me....Anyway...I put a response to this show on youtube if anyone is interested in hearing it, if not that's fine too but it really wasn't like they made it out to be. They turned me into last seasons Penny."
Forgive me for just saying that I haven't yet watched the entirety of the YouTube video (Got about halfway through before I decided to put it off for another day. I really think you have an interesting story; but, at the risk of being too candid, I feel like your vlog could definitely benefit from some scripting/editing. You know, like, plan out the rough outline of what you're going to say or talk about before hand. Not necessarily word-for-word; but, you know. And, believe me, I should know...) But I'm still glad you came forward just to let people know your own side to things.

That being said, can you tell us anything about: What were your original motivations to go on? How were you compensated? Do you now still feel it was worth it? Are you now under any sort of non-disclosure type of condition?

Also, most importantly, as of right now, how are you feeling physically? Do you think the surgery, so far, was a success? Are you, so far, aware of any complications? How confident are you, now, going forward, about losing more weight in the future? Do you think you might ultimately consider going back on the show in the future?
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:13 PM   #11
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

After WLS its imperative to get out of bed and walk -- and walk more when you get home. Its going to hurt -- that's a given -- but you have to do it anyway. As weight is lost its possible to exercise more -- which leads for further weight loss -- which makes still more increases in activity possible ... . But you have to push yourself. If a person is not prepared to change their lifestyle they're just not a good candidate for WLS.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:53 AM   #12
MarkZ

MarkZ can now change their title

Pauline,

Glad you are on the mend, my birthday twin��. I sent you a friend request, and I am hoping you will take me up on that. A lot has changed in my life, I would love to catch you up.

Mark Zichlin
MarkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #13
985WEST

985WEST has said some nice things

What a joke. TLC has no control in how you act. You have a distorted view of reality and until you stop making excuses you are never going to turn your life around......which is sad (and really sad for your poor son). Don't you think he deserves to have a life? You want to waste your life and possibly kill yourself? Fine, that's your right. But your son shouldn't have to suffer through your inability to follow the doctor's orders. Isn't your son worth it?
I sure hope you change you ways and get to enjoy the rest of your life.
985WEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:06 AM   #14
likeitmatters
happiness as finally come

likeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 club

everyone you need to see the show in its entirety to see what was happening. and not losing any weight in a year is suspect. Sorry Pauline but your attitude and excuses on the show cause me to think. I do not understand why you even bothered to have the surgery....Sorry Pauline.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:30 AM   #15
Pauline

Pauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticed

That was my whole point. It wasn't a year....it was 2 months. (I had WLS Dec. 3rd and it aired Feb. 18th I think). I didn't have time to lose very much by time they aired it and for higher ratings their mission was to make me look like I wasn't listening to the doctor or taking advantage of this opportunity, when I absolutely was. They don't follow any of us for a year by time it airs and there are a bunch of editing mistakes if you pay attention but you guys believe what you would like....I'm tired of defending myself over a phony, scripted show that I regret even doing. I love the doctor and my great weight loss but I hate the editors and I was too nave about how they would make me look.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:30 PM   #16
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default From before:

Wasn't sure if you noticed my post, but I can still understand if you don't want to go into it at this point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
"That being said, can you tell us anything about: What were your original motivations to go on? How were you compensated?...Are you now under any sort of non-disclosure type of condition?

Also, most importantly, as of right now, how are you feeling physically? Do you think the surgery, so far, was a success? Are you, so far, aware of any complications? How confident are you, now, going forward, about losing more weight in the future?
"
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 04:52 PM   #17
Pauline

Smile

I do not regret the surgery, the excellent doctor or the weight loss so far. I do regret dealing with the show because I didn't realize how scripted it was or how they would twist it against me. They pay cast members $1500 and they do not pay groceries, rent, power bills etc. and our personal insurance pays for the surgery itself in most cases. I feel the surgery was a success and continues to be....I weighed 678lbs when I got here 15 months ago and I am 364lbs now, 9 months after WLS. I'm quite happy with a 314lb weight loss so far! When I get down to 300 I will start getting skin removal surgery and my goal is to weigh 200lbs at 5 8. I get around better, I dress myself without help and my son helps me with less than half of the things he used to. I recently had to get a dilation in my tummy where they blew up a balloon in there because it healed up too tight/small and wasn't allowing food to go downward to digest. I now feel good as ever. I hope to do all of the things I've talked about for years....riding a bike, dancing etc. I hope I don't ever gain back up to 700lbs in the future and will do my best to maintain the attitude of eating to live, not living to eat. I have nothing against big people/feeders/FAs etc but I wanted more physical activity out of my life than 700lbs allowed me.

~Paulee
Old 09-27-2015, 04:57 AM   #18
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

^ Pauline it sounds like you are a success story. Changing dietary habits and making a sweeping lifestyle overhaul cannot be easy and I applaud you for your turnaround. I'm glad to hear you are more active and re-evaluating your priorities in life, as well as setting new goals for yourself for your future. More importantly I'm glad you are happy.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:00 PM   #19
Imp

Imp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
I do not regret the surgery, the excellent doctor or the weight loss so far. I do regret dealing with the show because I didn't realize how scripted it was or how they would twist it against me. They pay cast members $1500 and they do not pay groceries, rent, power bills etc. and our personal insurance pays for the surgery itself in most cases. I feel the surgery was a success and continues to be....I weighed 678lbs when I got here 15 months ago and I am 364lbs now, 9 months after WLS. I'm quite happy with a 314lb weight loss so far! When I get down to 300 I will start getting skin removal surgery and my goal is to weigh 200lbs at 5 8. I get around better, I dress myself without help and my son helps me with less than half of the things he used to. I recently had to get a dilation in my tummy where they blew up a balloon in there because it healed up too tight/small and wasn't allowing food to go downward to digest. I now feel good as ever. I hope to do all of the things I've talked about for years....riding a bike, dancing etc. I hope I don't ever gain back up to 700lbs in the future and will do my best to maintain the attitude of eating to live, not living to eat. I have nothing against big people/feeders/FAs etc but I wanted more physical activity out of my life than 700lbs allowed me.

~Paulee
Congratulations, Pauline!!
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote