Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 09-21-2015, 02:14 PM   #26
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Knowing one thing about a person doesn't always tell us as much else about them as one would expect!
True, but considering she backs politicians who actively work against LGBTQetc. people, it's a bit of a surprise to find that she is one.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:00 AM   #27
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

In Jenner's case, it just shows that there is some sort of "wealth line" where people feel it's worth voting Republican even if you're part of a group the party would exterminate if at all possible. (Similar to Muslims, who pre-9/11 voted Republican overwhelmingly.)
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:29 PM   #28
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A sufficient amount of wealth actually provides a defense against persecution, especially if one is prepared to "kick down" against the group with which one would otherwise be a co-victim.

"One of the 'good ones'".
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #29
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
I saw somebody posting that whole 'aromatics/asexuals aren't queer if they are heteroromantic/heterosexual' bullshit. It is bad enough that we get rejected and discriminated against by the straight society without also being ostracized by the LGBT community.

If you aren't romantically or sexually attracted to people of the opposite gender to you, you aren't straight. Simple as.
Are aromantic cis het men queer, assuming they don't identify as such? Because according to society's "idea" of the average man...that falls within normal behavior. An aromantic cis het man who doesn't feel bad about being aro can live his entire life with not a single negative consequence of being aromantic.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:41 AM   #30
balletguy

balletguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging in

Not a huge deal, but I wanted to share what happened to me the other day. I am a CD, and I went to my local mall. I was shopping at Nordstroms ( kinda high end) for some new tights. The lady working there was a real bitch. She asked if she could help, and I said no I am just looking for now thanks..then like 1 minute later she said are you sure you don't need help. I said no thanks, I am good thanks. Then she said Well what are you looking for.. and keep in mind that she was not trying to be nice or helpful at all when she was talking to me. I said well I am looking for nothing now..( Basically she was saying in her eyes and her body why are you here) anyway I went somewhere else and had very sweet girl actual assist me with what I was looking for. IDK kinda petty but just wanted to share.

balletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:12 AM   #31
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mage View Post
Are aromantic cis het men queer, assuming they don't identify as such? Because according to society's "idea" of the average man...that falls within normal behavior. An aromantic cis het man who doesn't feel bad about being aro can live his entire life with not a single negative consequence of being aromantic.
Only just saw this! And in my opinion, yes, they are queer and can identify as such. Societies 'idea' of an average man includes having long term romantic relationships, wanting to have children, to be married etc. As for the 'no negative consequences' thing... with the greatest of respect, what does that have to do with being queer? Bisexual people who happen to fall in love and stay forever with a person of the opposite gender experience 'no negative consequences' of being bisexual. Doesn't make them less bisexual. Also, men do suffer from being judged negatively if they get to a certain age and never engage in long term romantic relationships/arent't married etc etc. It is the same for all aromantics really, regardless of their sexuality. Plus I don't see why anyone else should get to 'gatekeep' the queer community and tell other people they can't identify as they things they do... just my two pennies worth! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by balletguy View Post
Not a huge deal, but I wanted to share what happened to me the other day. I am a CD, and I went to my local mall. I was shopping at Nordstroms ( kinda high end) for some new tights. The lady working there was a real bitch. She asked if she could help, and I said no I am just looking for now thanks..then like 1 minute later she said are you sure you don't need help. I said no thanks, I am good thanks. Then she said Well what are you looking for.. and keep in mind that she was not trying to be nice or helpful at all when she was talking to me. I said well I am looking for nothing now..( Basically she was saying in her eyes and her body why are you here) anyway I went somewhere else and had very sweet girl actual assist me with what I was looking for. IDK kinda petty but just wanted to share.

Urg, that is so annoying. I'm glad you got something in the end and managed to find a better shop assistant. People like that piss me off. I usually leave the first time they start harrassing me...
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote