Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 07-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #1
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Struggles into transition of becoming a female

For a long time I have struggle figure out who I am as a person. I always though I was just an average male, but always felt that something is missing. Then I woke one day and begin to think that maybe I'm not a male but a female that is trapped in a male's body. Then I begin to connect my past along with why I like playing female characters in video games and realize that I am born in the wrong gender. After this discovery I begin to do loads of research on the transgender community. However, when I told my father that I want to transition to female, he was shocked, scared, and worried. I was nervous because I though he would hate me because of fear and hatred, but yet he accepts me because I'm his child. All that my father wants me to be is to be happy and be myself. I haven't told my mother just yet but I am really nervous. To me becoming a female will make me happy because I know who I am as person on the inside, its the outside that doesn't match.
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Just try to understand:

People react...with fear, anger, anxiety, etc...because they're projecting their own self-judgements onto a situation that's, basically, totally outside themselves, that they have no control over.

Your dad is responding as he is, despite whatever your preconceptions of how else he might feel about it; because, somehow, he realizes....that's all he can do: either accept it or not. And that, either way, nothing he does or chooses not-to will alter the fundamental reality of it. Generally, that's how real adults deal with things.

Your mom will be fine with it as well. Provided and once she arrives at a a similar type of understanding, that this has nothing to do with how they raised you. That it's just how it it is.

But, the time & effort it takes for just anyone to recognize this is sometimes the result of a two part equation, only one part over which you really have any control, in terms of what you bring to to the table. Which is, necessarily, factored against their own personal insecurities and self-doubts. That is, if you approach them from a place quiet-calm, self-assuredness, of not really asking any else of them but for their own personal-acceptance; then it will tend to make it a bit easier. If not necessarily easy per-se....

I guess I'm trying to say....in these types of conversations...a lot of what (I think) is the most unnecessary difficulty comes about from getting mired in the details, that are as-yet a ways off. When it's really the broad-strokes that matter most:

You've realized something about yourself. Which is not always so simple to articulate. There will be some challenges ahead. But it doesn't really change what's immutable; they are your parents and you are their child. And that you do your best to support each other...
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:12 AM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't really have any advice, just sending best wishes for things to work out as well as possible, and to affirm that this is a great place to unload some of your feelings, when you need to.

OK, I lied, one piece of advice. Arrange to see a counselor in this sort of area before you really start doing much, at least a little bit (I realize that access and cost could both be issues). While everybody is unique, certain journeys tend to have a lot of steps in common, and talking with someone who has studied the route and its pluses and pitfalls has to make things easier.

Again, good luck and best wishes!
Old 07-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Good luck with your transition. I highly recommend seeing a counselor who is experienced with helping people through their transition and seeing if there are any support groups near you.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #5
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Things have been going good in my transiton. Of course there have been ups and downs but today I started spiro as the small step towards to being a woman.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:54 PM   #6
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm glad to hear you're taking your first steps. If you need any advice there's other trans girls here too.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:16 PM   #7
FlabbiMissAbbi
Not Your Average Girl

FlabbiMissAbbi can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFlabbiMissAbbi can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Your story sounds a LOT like mine, honestly. I was terrified to tell my mom, but she was supportive, while still a bit surprised. (My dad has passed, so he isn't here to tell.)

You are much farther ahead then I am, but just remember that this is who you ARE. People will be dumb, and say and react stupidly too, but just be confident, and lean on those who love and support you.

And last of all... You go girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlabbiMissAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:18 PM   #8
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

I got the rest of the female hormones today.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:32 AM   #9
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchingIA19 View Post
Yay! Congrats!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:55 AM   #10
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Woot-- grats
Old 11-10-2015, 07:46 AM   #11
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Kickass. Welcome to a happier place.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:29 PM   #12
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I wish you all the best I really do.
Just sorting out things can be very hard but you seem to have made an informed decision as to what is right for you.
Its a very expensive ordeal if you go all the way and it has its ups and downs but if you want it bad enough its worth it.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:03 AM   #13
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Today marks my 2 year anniversary since the birth of Ianna, the day I started my transition from male to female.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (191.2 KB, 336 views)
Old 07-06-2016, 08:44 AM   #14
fatmac

fatmac can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfatmac can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

A cutey indeed. Stay strong you have come so far.
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:29 PM   #15
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Today marks 3 years since I started my entire transition from male to female. From just shaving my arms and legs to hormones to getting my name legally changed, I have come far but I feel like I'm getting started.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9578.JPG (116.2 KB, 182 views)
Old 07-06-2017, 11:53 PM   #16
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iannathedriveress View Post
Today marks 3 years since I started my entire transition from male to female. From just shaving my arms and legs to hormones to getting my name legally changed, I have come far but I feel like I'm getting started.
Congrats! You look great
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:40 AM   #17
Tad
mostly harmless

Happy anniversary
Old 07-08-2017, 08:55 AM   #18
KandyKravenkox

KandyKravenkox has said some nice things

Congratulation Hun!! I'm very happy for you!
KandyKravenkox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 09:51 PM   #19
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging in

Happy New you Day! Love the pic, such a cutie. Big hugs, sometimes the world can be a tough place. Glad you shared with us.
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:04 AM   #20
BigElectricKat
Just ask. I'll answer!

BigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging in

I think that there is nothing better than knowing who you really are. Congrats!
BigElectricKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:30 AM   #21
Lastminute.Tom
Write on!

Lastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticed
Talking

You're an inspiration Ianna, I feel guilty talking about this here because I feel like I haven't had to endure as much of a struggle, I mean certainly I've been conflicted about my gender identity my whole life trying to reconcile my female and male sides but to a much much lesser extent.

I recently realised that I'm both I have a male and a female soul (or consciousness/energy or whatever you want to call it) I can remember at high school in a class we all took a test while the teacher wasn't around about what gender your brain is and I scored the highest female percentage out of the guys although I have a feeling perhaps I was the only honest male (a la toxic masculinity)

I felt like my whole life my Dad wanted me to be more of a mans man, (although lately I've learned that most of the time my expectations of other peoples expectations was wildly off my whole life) I recently reconnected with my Dad and it was bizarre he'd lost a ton of weight and his beard leaving only a pretty formidable stache, but he looked sad and thin, I know he's struggled with his own weight for all of his life and though our family has a predilection to run to fat (or at least stroll to "over"weight) including my Gramps (his Dad) but they've always been jokingly ashamed of it (except perhaps my uncle who I guess was my only male body positive role model)

Anyway I'm getting off track, recently my fiancÚ and I told each other everything and I mean everything (the truth will set you free) all of our worries were about the other leaving if they knew the truth were complete nonsense it was the courage to speak the truth which makes us sexy fully realised people that you want to have a relationship with. This was when we decided to propose to each other, I also opened up about my conflicted gender identity and that I wanted to explore my female sexuality, it's been very slow so far but I'm getting there (I also discovered that I have a tantric vagina!) I'm not sure exactly how it works as this is all very new but I'll keep you posted as I discover my new female sexuality, I haven't told my parents about this yet I guess I'm pretty scared how my Dads going to react but I also know I don't have to care about it.

Anyway sorry about the rambling post I just wanted to say your journey of self acceptance is an inspiration to me, I think you're the sexy hotness and I hope it's true that blondes have more fun