Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-11-2015, 11:21 PM   #301
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dried cinnamon apple chips.

I took 4 medium sized Gala apples, cored them, and sliced them peel and all, into thin curly ribbons using the flat blade of my veggie spiral-izer. I cut as much as I could into C shaped rounds, but kept the little pieces and soaked all of the pieces in pineapple juice for a few minutes. Then I patted them dry, sprinkled cinnamon on top, rubbed it in with my fingertips and arranged them on the dehydrator trays. Put the dehydrator stack together, set the temperature to 135, and turned it on. Come morning I should have a bunch of yummy cinnamon flavored dried apple chips.

The pineapple juice was a tip I found on Youtube. Usually I'd dip the slices in diluted lemon juice so the acid could prevent browning. But apparently the pineapple has enough acid to do the job, and also gives a little bit of extra sweetness and flavor. We'll see how they turn out.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:23 PM   #302
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Shrimp with scallions to go with leftover rice. A zucchini and corn salad, hummus and tabouli.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:51 PM   #303
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Gnocchi and marinara with some sausage. Fresh basil for the marinara which I kind of um stole from someone's yard as I walked past it. Not my fault if you grow your herbs by the fence.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #304
BigCutie Ellie

BigCutie Ellie does more than just post hot picsBigCutie Ellie does more than just post hot picsBigCutie Ellie does more than just post hot picsBigCutie Ellie does more than just post hot pics
Default Mac and Cheese

Making mac and cheese from scratch tonight! I can't wait for the yummy deliciousness that is going to be in my belly! What is your favorite mac and cheese recipe?
BigCutie Ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #305
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Home made fluffy and crispy belgian waffles with homemade mango jam / strawberry jam - plus fresh whipcream. Bacon...And devilled eggs
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #306
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Pita chips, potato salad and watermelon and campari granita.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:10 PM   #307
TearInYourHand
Mistress Member

TearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Kale chips!

I had some kale that was going to go bad if I didn't use it up, so I tried my hand at making kale chips. I love to buy them but they are expensive!

It was very simple, just tossed kale lightly with EVOO and salt, baked at 350 for about 15 minutes.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:55 PM   #308
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearInYourHand View Post
Kale chips!

I had some kale that was going to go bad if I didn't use it up, so I tried my hand at making kale chips. I love to buy them but they are expensive!

It was very simple, just tossed kale lightly with EVOO and salt, baked at 350 for about 15 minutes.
my older daughter made kale chips. they are tricky things. so fine and thin. they went from crispy done to burnt in a jiffy. her first batch was burned to a crisp, but then she got the timing down and they turned out better. with some salt on them, delish.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:58 PM   #309
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
Dried cinnamon apple chips.

I took 4 medium sized Gala apples, cored them, and sliced them peel and all, into thin curly ribbons using the flat blade of my veggie spiral-izer. I cut as much as I could into C shaped rounds, but kept the little pieces and soaked all of the pieces in pineapple juice for a few minutes. Then I patted them dry, sprinkled cinnamon on top, rubbed it in with my fingertips and arranged them on the dehydrator trays. Put the dehydrator stack together, set the temperature to 135, and turned it on. Come morning I should have a bunch of yummy cinnamon flavored dried apple chips.

The pineapple juice was a tip I found on Youtube. Usually I'd dip the slices in diluted lemon juice so the acid could prevent browning. But apparently the pineapple has enough acid to do the job, and also gives a little bit of extra sweetness and flavor. We'll see how they turn out.
how did these turn out? think it would work if i just left them on 135 in the oven during the day?
Old 09-07-2015, 06:34 PM   #310
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Chorizo and corn chowder, baby back ribs with chimichurry, and steamed carrots. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have to cook again until the end of the week.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:43 PM   #311
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Portabello and shitake mushroom bisque.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:56 AM   #312
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've never tried kale chips, but I want to now after reading the above descriptions.

one2one and Xyantha: That all sounds delicious!

I made chicken drumsticks, marinated in red wine, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger and roasted until they end up with a coating of dark, sweet, sticky goodness.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:17 PM   #313
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Today I made pot roast hash with new potatoes, peppers and onions and a fried egg. Then borscht. Then saffron rice with carrots, peppers and onions, chorizo, shrimp and cilantro.Some of it will just go straight into the freezer to make my life easier those weeks I'm too busy to cook.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #314
forp1940

forp1940 has said some nice things

I made some homemade soft pretzels. Pretty awesome. Had to make 3 for the boyfriend with no salt. Still pretty good
forp1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:23 AM   #315
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

I made curried broccoli, potato and mushroom soup. with a bit of ginger. it's so gooddddddd

I love my soup maker :>
Old 11-01-2015, 07:45 PM   #316
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Guacamole. Yum.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:09 AM   #317
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Curried pumpkin, red onion and sweet potato soup.

Nom.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:38 PM   #318
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

well, tomorrow i am going to try making pumpkin pie cheesecake. hub loves cheesecake and i figured pumpkin is a seasonal flavor we might like. i will let you know how it turns out.
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:25 AM   #319
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

i was trying to use up some stuff we had around. i made hub pasta in homemade spinach/mushroom/parm cream sauce. spinach was stuff that popped up in my garden after the last few days of rain. had half a jar of mushrooms left in the fridge. just used about a 1/3 of a container of the grated shaker cheese we had in the fridge. turned out pretty yummy. had it with baked chicken and corn on the cob.

pasta.jpg
Old 01-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #320
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

my aunt sent me a recipe for Cincinnati style chili. apparently there is cinnamon in it. i am not sure how it will be, but gonna try it.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:26 AM   #321
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

So, I was super excited to have yesterday off and a three day weekend. Yay! And a little surprised to be so exhausted by about one o'clock in the afternoon that I just had to lay down for a quick nap. Eight hours later I woke up. With a cold. Which explains why I was so tired, and also why I'm up in the middle of the night cooking.

So far I've made salmon, green beans, and cauliflower chowder with pancetta, marjoram and a little montamore cheese. Technically, I think it might not be chowder anymore, since I added the cheese.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:25 PM   #322
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Hot chocolate with Amaretto.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:22 AM   #323
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

i have no idea. i have boneless skinless chicken out and have to find something to make. have you ever just been sick of everything?
Old 01-27-2016, 08:46 AM   #324
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
i have no idea. i have boneless skinless chicken out and have to find something to make. have you ever just been sick of everything?
Just brainstorming for you – I don’t know what else you have at hand, what you normally make (so are bored of), and what you all like.

- Chicken tacos (if you have either hard or soft taco shells, and other ingredients)
- Shred/chop the chicken once cooked and make chicken based dirty rice
- Cut it into strips, make a honey/mustard/(white wine or water) sauce to coat them in, then bake
- Cut into strips, coat in yoghurt with a bit of mustard mixed in, then coat in crushed corn-flakes, bake
- Make up a mild curry sauce and cook it in that, then serve over rice
- Cut it into thin strips, fry it up, then put strips into grilled cheese sandwiches
- Chicken nachos
- Bake them, cut them into halves the hard way (getting two thinner halves), then make fun chicken burgers by putting cheese in the middle and bun on the outside
- Stir fry up with some broccoli – simple but always delicious!
- Go right to putting it into a soup
- Chicken chili

I hope I helped spark your imagination in some way.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:46 PM   #325
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Just brainstorming for you – I don’t know what else you have at hand, what you normally make (so are bored of), and what you all like.

- Chicken tacos (if you have either hard or soft taco shells, and other ingredients)
- Shred/chop the chicken once cooked and make chicken based dirty rice
- Cut it into strips, make a honey/mustard/(white wine or water) sauce to coat them in, then bake
- Cut into strips, coat in yoghurt with a bit of mustard mixed in, then coat in crushed corn-flakes, bake
- Make up a mild curry sauce and cook it in that, then serve over rice
- Cut it into thin strips, fry it up, then put strips into grilled cheese sandwiches
- Chicken nachos
- Bake them, cut them into halves the hard way (getting two thinner halves), then make fun chicken burgers by putting cheese in the middle and bun on the outside
- Stir fry up with some broccoli – simple but always delicious!
- Go right to putting it into a soup
- Chicken chili

I hope I helped spark your imagination in some way.
we ended up having tacos tonight, so have to use the chicken tomorrow. your ideas were wonderful! thanks! i am going to try the dirty rice thing. will let you know how it turns out.