Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 02-01-2015, 09:29 AM   #51
magodamilion

magodamilion can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmagodamilion can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCrissi View Post
It totally isn't a person, but I remember Timpleton from the original Charlotte's Web cartoon. I got turned on when I was little from his feasting....didn't realize what it actually was until now =P
Same for me (but not with that character).
For a while I could literally tell you every popular 90's book that featured a BHM for this same reason. I had no idea why I wanted to repeatedly read certain passages over and over.

There was Stanley from Holes for instance. I was so pissed when they made him Shia LaBeauf in the movie.

Anyone read that Goosebump book about the guy who got cursed to get fatter and fatter? Say Cheese and Die Again? That was pretty much my favorite goosebump book as a kid.
magodamilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:24 PM   #52
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Pretty much all the characters in Daniel Pinkwater's The Afterlife Diet, qualify, but I'm especially fond of Dr. Plotkin, Deli Psychotherapist: you go into a deli, sit down at the doctor's table, and he invites you to have a knish and tell him your problems. There are separate bills afterwards for the psychiatry and for the food. We also discover, when the good doctor goes home for the day, that he apparently threw a party in the early 'sixties and it's still going on: the place is full of beatniks, and when he goes to bed (around 1 am) he has to shoo some nudist chess enthusiasts out of his room so he can sleep.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:51 PM   #53
cherrygarcia
screams for ice cream

cherrygarcia has said some nice things

Coop from Megas XLR. he had some really great moments for the ffas in the audience. anyone who remembers the show will know what I mean.
cherrygarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:27 AM   #54
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ignatius J. Reilly

Tony, Bobby, Vito and Big Pussy from the Sopranos.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:40 PM   #55
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:43 AM   #56
Kaleetan

Kaleetan has said some nice things

The mayor in city of ember
Kaleetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #57
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2015, 08:11 AM   #58
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygarcia View Post
Coop from Megas XLR. he had some really great moments for the ffas in the audience. anyone who remembers the show will know what I mean.

To give some idea, the thing he hated most about his parallel-universe "evil twin" was that he was skinny.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:20 PM   #59
kittymahlberg

kittymahlberg does more than just post hot picskittymahlberg does more than just post hot picskittymahlberg does more than just post hot pics

Pierre from War and Peace! Intellectual, sensitive, shy, bespectacled. . . . Definitely an early literary crush of mine. He also gains quite a bit throughout the novel.
kittymahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:39 AM   #60
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymahlberg View Post
Pierre from War and Peace! Intellectual, sensitive, shy, bespectacled. . . . Definitely an early literary crush of mine. He also gains quite a bit throughout the novel.
Absolutely! All pages featuring Pierre in my three copies (3 different translations from Russian) have dog-ears. And I couldn't even resist including his reference in one of my stories ....

It's probably the only piece of (adult) world literature with a central, positive fat character who gains weight in the course of the story.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:09 PM   #61
kittymahlberg

kittymahlberg does more than just post hot picskittymahlberg does more than just post hot picskittymahlberg does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Absolutely! All pages featuring Pierre in my three copies (3 different translations from Russian) have dog-ears. And I couldn't even resist including his reference in one of my stories ....

It's probably the only piece of (adult) world literature with a central, positive fat character who gains weight in the course of the story.
Omigosh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I remember discussing the novel with a friend of mine, who said she put the book down after another main character dies (trying to avoid spoilers for others). I remember thinking, yeah, I wouldn't have quit the novel because a character I like died, but that chapter where Pierre gets in the duel really had me biting my fingers! And I have hated few characters as much as I hated his witchy wife Helen. Man, I just wanted her to die and end his suffering!

Also, tickled to meet another writer!
Old 11-19-2015, 10:38 PM   #62
Starling

Starling can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesStarling can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Was just scrolling through this thread and wondering how Pierre could not have come up 10000 times already. One of the best characters in literature, period, and my absolute favorite literary BHM.
Starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:16 AM   #63
KittyCourtz
Freelance Illustrator

KittyCourtz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKittyCourtz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

The handsome man in purple is Mars Sazerac from season 4, episode 10 of Bob's Burgers. I love him so much and he literally has no other fans aside from me.
KittyCourtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #64
kittymahlberg

All this Pierre love makes me too happy for words. *dances a mazurka*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCourtz View Post
I love him so much and he literally has no other fans aside from me.
Whoa, there! This is the Internet. You're never the only one!

Haven't watched Bob's Burger's myself, though I'm intrigued that it has a psychotic character voiced by the gal who does Mabel in Gravity Falls. Psychotic Mabel sounds pretty interesting.

Also, Mycroft Holmes. He almost always gets slimmed down in filmed versions of the Sherlock Holmes stories (shall we call it "the Shia LeBeouf effect"?), but in the books he is extremely fat . . . and smarter than his brother Sherlock. Just chew on that for a second. Like, he's so smart he doesn't care about the "real" world anymore. He just hangs out in his club eating, thinking, and playing chess.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:11 AM   #65
KittyCourtz
Freelance Illustrator

KittyCourtz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKittyCourtz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Well, I'm the only person that I've seen openly declare my love for the sexy magician. I mainly hang around Tumblr and nobody has drawn or written about him aside from the people who work on the show. I'm his only known fan as of now.
KittyCourtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #66
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Just remembered another. Isaac Dan der Grimnebulin from Perdido Street Station by China Mieville.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:52 AM   #67
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Also, Mycroft Holmes. He almost always gets slimmed down in filmed versions of the Sherlock Holmes stories (shall we call it "the Shia LeBeouf effect"?), but in the books he is extremely fat . . . and smarter than his brother Sherlock. Just chew on that for a second. Like, he's so smart he doesn't care about the "real" world anymore. He just hangs out in his club eating, thinking, and playing chess.
Thiiiiis! I don't even like the Sherlock Holmes stories but book!Mycroft is bae. Also, in one of the films he was played by Stephen Fry. Which obviously makes him even cooler. Plus there was a random naked scene in there.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:37 AM   #68
swamptoad
Berry Good!

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

Mr. Bumble, the Parish Beadle from Oliver Twist
Old 01-07-2016, 08:40 PM   #69
kittymahlberg

Stop the presses! Formerly the BBC Sherlock was among the many versions of the stories that only depicted a skinny-fied Mycroft.

And then we got the Victorian episode. . . .

Me in the theater: Oh, cool! They're going to the real Diogenes Club where you have to be completely silent and just read and think all day. And they're going to get Mycroft's help and--HOLY CRAP!

*Mark Gatiss appears, playing Mycroft in a huge fat suit placidly gorging on a 50-course lunch. Mycroft and Sherlock lobby insults at each other, Sherlock snarking about Mycroft's weight and Mycroft mocking his brother and Watson for being dolts who haven't yet figured out the mystery. Mycroft gleefully accepts a dare to eat yet another plum pudding.*

YESSSSS

Check it out: http://whatculture.com/tv/sherlock-1...le-bride.php/2
Old 01-08-2016, 07:08 AM   #70
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Nice!

My wife was wanting to go see that, but the tickets were all sold out by the time she booked. Too bad, I would have been interested to hear her reaction (she is not particularly an FFA). I wonder if there will be more showings?
Old 01-08-2016, 10:18 AM   #71
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Stop the presses! Formerly the BBC Sherlock was among the many versions of the stories that only depicted a skinny-fied Mycroft.

And then we got the Victorian episode. . . .

Me in the theater: Oh, cool! They're going to the real Diogenes Club where you have to be completely silent and just read and think all day. And they're going to get Mycroft's help and--HOLY CRAP!

*Mark Gatiss appears, playing Mycroft in a huge fat suit placidly gorging on a 50-course lunch. Mycroft and Sherlock lobby insults at each other, Sherlock snarking about Mycroft's weight and Mycroft mocking his brother and Watson for being dolts who haven't yet figured out the mystery. Mycroft gleefully accepts a dare to eat yet another plum pudding.*

YESSSSS

Check it out: http://whatculture.com/tv/sherlock-1...le-bride.php/2
Ooooooh! I love Mycroft and seeing him fat like he is supposed to be is awesome!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:48 PM   #72
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Omigosh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I remember discussing the novel with a friend of mine, who said she put the book down after another main character dies (trying to avoid spoilers for others). I remember thinking, yeah, I wouldn't have quit the novel because a character I like died, but that chapter where Pierre gets in the duel really had me biting my fingers! And I have hated few characters as much as I hated his witchy wife Helen. Man, I just wanted her to die and end his suffering!

Also, tickled to meet another writer!
I finally started reading it this week, entirely because people on this thread have been talking about it. Just started Book 3, and am yelling PIERRE NOOOO DON'T LET THEM PUSH YOU INTO DOING THE THING. Actually that's pretty much what I've been yelling at every scene featuring Pierre from the beginning (except the party at Count Rostov's, which was basically the Fezziwig's Xmas party of this universe.)
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote