Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 03-15-2016, 01:21 PM   #51
BigJibbie

BigJibbie can now change their title

The Ertiga is manufatured in Indonesia and Thailand, in India(?) the same car ist available under Mazda brand :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
This MPV was never available in the USA. Indeed Suzuki stopped selling cars and SUVs in the USA at the end of 2012.

That said used Suzuki's are still available and are good inexpensive choices. The Suzuki SX4 is roomy and very reliable subcompact.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:21 PM   #52
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Are they really, bigmac? I was searching for a car recently and was considering an SX4, but ended up going with a Honda CR-V because everyone I'd talked to who'd had experience with Suzuki told me they were unreliable :x
Old 03-15-2016, 08:21 PM   #53
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leishycat View Post
Are they really, bigmac? I was searching for a car recently and was considering an SX4, but ended up going with a Honda CR-V because everyone I'd talked to who'd had experience with Suzuki told me they were unreliable :x
Suzuki models that were actually built by Suzuki are very reliable. This includes the SX4 (recommended by Consumer Reports). Unfortunately for their reputation Suzuki sold several models that were actually manufactured by other companies (Suzukis built by Daewoo were particularly bad -- I use the past tense since I haven't seen one still on the road for quite some time).

Suzuki engines are particularly durable (they were one of the first companies to go back to using timing chains rather than the timing belts that are so often the Achilles heal of cars with small engines -- including many Hondas.) Again this only applies to engines Suzuki actually built themselves.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:26 PM   #54
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Suzuki models that were actually built by Suzuki are very reliable. This includes the SX4 (recommended by Consumer Reports). Unfortunately for their reputation Suzuki sold several models that were actually manufactured by other companies (Suzukis built by Daewoo were particularly bad -- I use the past tense since I haven't seen one still on the road for quite some time).

Suzuki engines are particularly durable (they were one of the first companies to go back to using timing chains rather than the timing belts that are so often the Achilles heal of cars with small engines -- including many Hondas.) Again this only applies to engines Suzuki actually built themselves.
Huh. The more you know and stuff!

Thankfully my CR-V does have a chain instead of a belt... one of the things about it I actually like more than my poor Subie.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:22 AM   #55
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarKat View Post
Since I happened to recently drive these, I'll add the Dodge Magnum, and Challenger.. seriously roomy cars for the driver..

All Chrysler products based on the last generation Mercedes E class chassis are roomy. However, there is a safety issue regarding the Dodge Magnum. The very low -- "chopped" -- roofline of the Magnum means the side windows are very small. In case of an accident its unlikely that even a moderately large person could be extracted through them.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:48 AM   #56
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJibbie View Post
The Ertiga is manufatured in Indonesia and Thailand, in India(?) the same car ist available under Mazda brand :-)
The Mazda 5 (not the same, but similar; formerly the MPV, also designated the Mazda Premacy) was discontinued at the end of the 2015 model year. It was a rather nice small minivan.
I'm rather fond of that vehicle type, having once had a (Mitsubishi) Eagle Summit Wagon. Probably won't ever have one again despite the utility, since The Lovely and Talented Mrs. Bomb detests both minivans and station wagons.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:56 AM   #57
bigmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post

... The Lovely and Talented Mrs. Bomb detests both minivans and station wagons.
Never understood my people don't like minivans and wagons. They're the most useful and adaptable of vehicles. My wife doesn't like them either. She made an exception for the Volvo V70 wagon I got her a couple of moths ago (nice leather seats can win people over).

However, I wouldn't recommend the V70 for people with wide hips.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:57 AM   #58
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

I mostly like sports cars, but I've got a soft spot for smaller wagons and crossovers. Especially Subarus. <3
Old 03-18-2016, 11:08 PM   #59
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Never understood my people don't like minivans and wagons. They're the most useful and adaptable of vehicles. My wife doesn't like them either. She made an exception for the Volvo V70 wagon I got her a couple of moths ago (nice leather seats can win people over).

However, I wouldn't recommend the V70 for people with wide hips.
The answer I get is that station wagons and especially minivans are an admission of defeat. Get one, and you're acknowledging that your family has trapped you into settling for bleak transportation utility. An SUV means you still have ambitions of an adventurous outdoor lifestyle, despite the fact you chose it because of its convenient child-seat anchor points and the third-row seating for the Sunday School carpool.

It's image, no more and no less.

For the record, we have no kids, just a dog and a cat. And I agree that Volvos in general tend to have good fore-aft space, but not much side-to-side (the now-discontinued C30/S40/V50/C70 platform vehicles have a raised center console between the front seats, and really could benefit from a seatbelt extender).
Old 03-19-2016, 11:07 AM   #60
bigmac

Quote:
The answer I get is that station wagons and especially minivans are an admission of defeat. Get one, and you're acknowledging that your family has trapped you into settling for bleak transportation utility. ...
Funny I've always thought that middle age guys who buy sports cars were admitting defeat (i.e. admitting that the only way they can hookup is by spending copious amounts of money).
Old 03-19-2016, 10:06 PM   #61
CleverBomb
On Space Out

Quote:
Funny I've always thought that middle age guys who buy sports cars were admitting defeat (i.e. admitting that the only way they can hookup is by spending copious amounts of money).
Nah, that's still denial. Defeat in that case is the realization that a 12 second quarter-mile time doesn't do a darn bit of good in a gridlocked daily commute, and you can't afford the speeding tickets and the payment and the insurance forever...
Old 03-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #62
imnotfatimHUGE

imnotfatimHUGE has said some nice things

i had a nissan titan that was very roomy, gas was horrible though.
imnotfatimHUGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:45 AM   #63
BriannaBombshell
hi

BriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging inBriannaBombshell makes people happy simply by logging in

I am bottom heavy and I have a Honda Element. I shoved two pillows in between the two front seats because my booty and thighs would hang over and it was super uncomfortable but now it's great! Honda doesn't give out seat belt extenders but I ordered mine online for 9.95 each.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:48 PM   #64
bigmac

Spent the last week driving a rented 2015 Kia Soul. I rented one for two days last year and was impressed. Driving this one around Vancouver for a week reinforced what a good (if odd looking) car the Soul is. It has room for four large adults while being small enough to park easily and it gets good gas mileage. I had lots of headroom (I'm 6'4") and the very long seat belt would easily fit someone much much larger than me (I'm presently 310 lbs).

The only down side is that there isn't much space for luggage behind the rear seat (luckily we packed light).
Old 04-14-2016, 05:30 PM   #65
bigmac

My wife crashed her Volvo V70 last week so I've been looking for a new car for her. I test drove a 2oo6 Toyota Matrix today. This car has tons of room in every dimension. It also has a nice straight forward interior that seems to hold up to use very well (the car I test drove has been carting kids around for ten years and still looked good). Plus it gets good gas mileage and has a very good safety rating.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:40 PM   #66
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Quote:
My wife crashed her Volvo V70 last week so I've been looking for a new car for her. I test drove a 2oo6 Toyota Matrix today. This car has tons of room in every dimension. It also has a nice straight forward interior that seems to hold up to use very well (the car I test drove has been carting kids around for ten years and still looked good). Plus it gets good gas mileage and has a very good safety rating.
I've heard nothing but good things about those cars. They were also sold as the Pontiac Vibe, they're the same car so that'll widen your options a bit. There's an AWD version if that's a thing you want too.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:07 PM   #67
canadianbbw4u

canadianbbw4u is a member of the 500 clubcanadianbbw4u is a member of the 500 clubcanadianbbw4u is a member of the 500 clubcanadianbbw4u is a member of the 500 clubcanadianbbw4u is a member of the 500 clubcanadianbbw4u is a member of the 500 club

So we were in Mexico for 3 weeks and we rented a car while we were there. We weren't sure what we were getting but it ended up being a 2016 Toyota Yaris. I was soo shocked at the amount of room in that small car!!!
canadianbbw4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:26 AM   #68
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My friend's got a Kia Forte5, and that thing has an amazing amount of room. Her 6'9" tall son's knees touch dash in the front, but her 6'6" brother's don't, and there's plenty of room on the seatbelt for me with no extender. My mom's Challenger has an absolutely crazy amount of room behind the wheel, but I think that's to be expected. (And the backseat belts fasten without extenders on me. I've always had issues with the belts in the back.)
Old 05-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #69
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have a 2009 New Beetle (the older design with the round taillights - see picture below). When Sandie was alive she had plenty of room in the passenger seat, and she was 5-foot-3 and over 400 pounds. And the seatbelt actually fit her without an extender!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009-VW Bug1.jpg (191.1 KB, 237 views)
Wayne_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #70
bubba350

bubba350 has said some nice things

Isn't surprising that so many of the accommodating cars for the extra extra large folk are some of the smaller models.
bubba350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:59 PM   #71
bigmac

Manufacturers make an effort to use space efficiently in small vehicles. Many larger vehicles are styling exercises where the ergonomic needs of actual humans is a secondary consideration.

The New Beettle is the rare styling exercise that actually resulted in more room (at least for the two people in the front seats).
Old 05-16-2016, 10:04 PM   #72
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

But had some of the worst emission problems that were covered up.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:38 PM   #73
CleverBomb
On Space Out

Just the diesels.
The gasoline ones were neither better nor worse than those of other manufacturers.

I'm still partial to the classic Beetles.
Yeah, by modern standards they were under-powered, inefficient, maintenance-intensive deathtraps, but they had character and maybe more than that if you're prone to animistic feelings about inanimate objects.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:49 AM   #74
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Quote:
Just the diesels.
The gasoline ones were neither better nor worse than those of other manufacturers.

I'm still partial to the classic Beetles.
Yeah, by modern standards they were under-powered, inefficient, maintenance-intensive deathtraps, but they had character and maybe more than that if you're prone to animistic feelings about inanimate objects.
My wife is planning on some day getting a classic Beetle and converting it to electric. :3
Old 05-27-2016, 04:46 PM   #75
bigmac

Just took a 4th generation 2016 Toyota Prius for a test drive. This car has lots and lots of headroom and legroom.