Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 04-03-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Autism Acceptance Month: #RedInstead

So, some of you may or may not know, but every April is Autism Acceptance Month. This year it is especially important as we were encouraging people to boycott/stand up to a certain Autism hate 'charity' telling us all to wear blue to show support for them. Instead, many people from the autistic community decided we would wear #RedInstead and encourage people to join us to show their love and acceptance for autistic people. So, as an aspie myself, here are my efforts:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 65.jpg (170.0 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 74.jpg (137.6 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 80.jpg (105.8 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 81.jpg (240.3 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 37.jpg (142.8 KB, 129 views)
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #2
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

What charity hates autism?
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:36 PM   #3
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Autism Speaks, basically. They only care about the non-autistic parents/families of autistic people who have to deal with us. They advocate harmful 'therapies' for autistic people and support eugenics so that they can stop more autistic people being born.

Obviously, as an autistic person myself, I'm not okay with that.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:20 PM   #4
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Interesting. Well, good luck, hope your campaign goes good.
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:43 PM   #5
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have no context; but I have people who are close to me who have autism and other conditions - and many are wonderful, intelligent, functional people. Some have a much harder time communicating and dealing with life. Proper support networks are so important for them and the people around them. That sucks that this group doesn't do that.

Eugenics: Wait - didn't we do that already? Oh wait. Hitler tried to do that people never learn

Unrelated: hawt loops
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #6
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
here are my efforts:
Bloody hell loops.

Did you burn the place down or what?
Old 04-04-2016, 02:09 AM   #7
loopytheone
Administrator

Thanks everyone! It is kinda awful that if Autism Speaks got their way, I would never have been born to show you all my creepy-ass face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbling View Post
Bloody hell loops.

Did you burn the place down or what?
Ironically, I did actually set something on fire here the other day! ...it was a cake. So sad.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:46 PM   #8
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

...I've never been so aware of anything in my entire life.

Yes, that was a euphemism

And yes, I've since noticed that it's Autism Acceptance rather than awareness. I'm still not changing it.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:30 AM   #9
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
...I've never been so aware of anything in my entire life.

Yes, that was a euphemism

And yes, I've since noticed that it's Autism Acceptance rather than awareness. I'm still not changing it.
That's okay, I'll just assume you became aware of the acceptance!
Old 04-05-2016, 03:02 PM   #10
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Thanks for the save.

Because of this thread I took a couple autism/aspergers quizzes and they both said I probably have it. So that's, uh, something that happened.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:02 AM   #11
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Eugenics: Wait - didn't we do that already? Oh wait. Hitler tried to do that people never learn
It's still being done, just not advertised as blatantly as being for eugenics. Besides, Hitler just copied the eugenics philosophy from other progressive movements in the US and England.
HereticFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:11 AM   #12
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Autism Speaks, basically. They only care about the non-autistic parents/families of autistic people who have to deal with us. They advocate harmful 'therapies' for autistic people and support eugenics so that they can stop more autistic people being born.

Obviously, as an autistic person myself, I'm not okay with that.
I deeply thank you for this info. It certainly illustrates the sinister aspect of the pseudo-caring facade they present. Since they are aiming their organization towards average people, tt make much more sense. Kill the misfits and you're lives will be better. How "Margaret Sanger" of them.
HereticFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:36 PM   #13
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFA View Post
I deeply thank you for this info. It certainly illustrates the sinister aspect of the pseudo-caring facade they present. Since they are aiming their organization towards average people, tt make much more sense. Kill the misfits and you're lives will be better. How "Margaret Sanger" of them.
You're welcome, all cute/funny pictures aside, this is the point we are trying to make people aware of so I'm glad to have spread the message.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:16 PM   #14
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFA View Post
It's still being done, just not advertised as blatantly as being for eugenics. Besides, Hitler just copied the eugenics philosophy from other progressive movements in the US and England.
It was meant more to allude to the fact we never learn, and its rarely a nice thing.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:48 AM   #15
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

http://www.economist.com/printedition/2016-04-16

The Economist is taking note of Autism Acceptance Month too - this weeks cover story.

Just found it in my mailbox - haven't read it yet. But their analysis' mostly are pretty good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160416_cuk400.jpg (82.5 KB, 44 views)
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #16
StridentDionysus
Seņor Member

StridentDionysus can now change their title

And the AIDS ribbon? I feel really old when I see people forget something that used to be huge when I was a kid.

Why not just keep using blue and telling those assholes to fuck off like people do with breast cancer and Susan G. Komen?
Old 04-15-2016, 08:10 PM   #17
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StridentDionysus View Post
And the AIDS ribbon? I feel really old when I see people forget something that used to be huge when I was a kid.

Why not just keep using blue and telling those assholes to fuck off like people do with breast cancer and Susan G. Komen?
I don't see what the AIDS ribbon has to do with anything? Just because it is red doesn't mean that people can't use the colour red in association with anything else, ever.

And the point is that blue is the colour associated with those assholes. It isn't associated with autism in general, or autistic charities, or anything like that. It is literally just associated with Autism Speaks and especially their campaign to get everyone to wear blue on the 2nd April. I don't see why we should feel like we have done something wrong just because there happens to be a red awareness ribbon for something unrelated.