Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #1
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Weirdest Food Combos You Like

Mine would prolly be ketchup on scrambled eggs and sweet potato fries with ranch dressing.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't mind eating wheat crackers with potato salad on them

Cream cheese on crackers is always awesome

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:29 PM   #3
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Digestive biscuit (nearest American equivalent is a graham cracker), butter on top, then a thin slice of cheddar cheese or red leicester cheese, then raspberry jam on top.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #4
daedal

daedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot pics

Chili powder on ice cold watermelon provides a delicious contrast.
daedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:55 AM   #5
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezablysoft View Post
Mine would prolly be ketchup on scrambled eggs and sweet potato fries with ranch dressing.
"She likes ketchup on her scrambled eggs,
Swears like a sailor when she shaves her legs"
--John Prine.

Certain flavours of barbecue sauce are great on scrambled eggs. Or mix ketchup and Worcestershire sauce to make your own barbecue sauce, adjusting the ratio to your taste.

Other personal 'quirky' favories:

Liverwurst (I prefer fine over coarse for this application) and pickle (sour, Polish dill pickle such as Polski Ogorki by Bick's) on a buttered piece of very firm rye bread (the chewy kind you could almost use to drive nails).

Orange juice and buttermilk (tastes like a creamsicle).

Orange juice and eggnog.

Buttermilk and cream soda (although I haven't had this in years, and wonder if I'd still find it appealing).

Coffee and eggnog.

I'm sure I have more, but none come to mind right now.

Edit:

I forgot to mention that sour cream with sugar (sprinkled on top or mixed through) makes a tasty dessert.

Also, very sour sauerkraut with sugar sprinkled on top. Serve and eat it cold, before the sugar dissolves.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:23 AM   #6
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Speculaas ("windmill cookies") on buttered white or French bread.

Olive oil on potato rosemary bread.

Grilled cheese sandwiches made with brie.

Falafel with garlic sauce.

Poutine.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:03 AM   #7
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I occasionally enjoy a sandwich of roasted bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms with hummus (best as a pocket sandwich in pita bread).
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:45 AM   #8
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Onion cracker with cream cheese and an olive.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #9
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Onion cracker with cream cheese and an olive.
This really sounds good- not strange

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 05-06-2016, 07:05 PM   #10
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've discovered that Sriracha is also good on a hot dog, along with mayo.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:17 PM   #11
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Salmon, Plain Greek Yogurt and Salsa all mixed. It is really good. Sometimes shrimp, Greek yogurt and salsa.
DianaSSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:52 PM   #12
FreeThinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaSSBBW View Post
Salmon, Plain Greek Yogurt and Salsa all mixed. It is really good. Sometimes shrimp, Greek yogurt and salsa.
Is that smoked salmon?
Old 05-07-2016, 04:12 AM   #13
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Some weird combos appeal to more than one person ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezablysoft View Post
ketchup on scrambled eggs
Ketchup on eggs seems to be a trend - mine is ketchup on poached eggs...

In the ketchup line - a weird favorite of mine I've only found in Belgium&NL and most people find odd to icky are Heinz Ketchup flavored potato chips (from Lay's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedal View Post
Chili powder on ice cold watermelon provides a delicious contrast.
Ice cold watermelon with feta cheese and pink pepper would be my variation to that one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
Liverwurst (I prefer fine over coarse for this application) and pickle (sour, Polish dill pickle such as Polski Ogorki by Bick's) on a buttered piece of very firm rye bread (the chewy kind you could almost use to drive nails)
That actually is a Central/Eastern European staple, down to the coarse hard rye bread. My grandma often made that as my school lunch sandwich - and imo especially US made Liverwurst needs the pickles because it has a weird creamy dryness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
Grilled cheese sandwiches made with brie.
Love that one too! Great with cranberry or cowberry sauce.

A childhood favorite snack from the US that grew up with me and all my European friends consider beyond weird is peanut butter on celery sticks or apple slices.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:22 AM   #14
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post

A childhood favorite snack from the US that grew up with me and all my European friends consider beyond weird is peanut butter on celery sticks or apple slices.
That was a favorite snack of mine, too (and still is). I also like peanut butter on a BLT.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:40 AM   #15
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging in

Yeah, peanut butter is a major staple (especially of childhood) here in the US, but I've heard other countries don't quite understand it. I eat it almost everyday.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:38 PM   #16
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaSSBBW View Post
Greek yogurt = healthy substitute for sour cream. Try it with salsa on a baked potato or put the yogurt on chili- yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
That was a favorite snack of mine, too (and still is). I also like peanut butter on a BLT.
I prefer cream cheese on celery myself

Old 05-07-2016, 06:04 PM   #17
FreeThinker

Quote:
In the ketchup line - a weird favorite of mine I've only found in Belgium&NL and most people find odd to icky are Heinz Ketchup flavored potato chips (from Lay's).
"Why don't you come on up and see me sometime?" -- Mae West

Ketchup flavoured potato chips are widely available in Canada.

Quote:
That actually is a Central/Eastern European staple, down to the coarse hard rye bread. My grandma often made that as my school lunch sandwich - and imo especially US made Liverwurst needs the pickles because it has a weird creamy dryness.
Well, that must've been my Polish/German dad's influence, then.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:26 AM   #18
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Greek yogurt = healthy substitute for sour cream. Try it with salsa on a baked potato or put the yogurt on chili- yum.
Greek - aka double strained - yoghurt = great for almost anything, salty, sweet or spicy. I also make cheese cake with it, turns out perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I prefer cream cheese on celery myself
Yes - also really like that. Especially in the 'luxury version' with blue cheese crumbled and mixed in together with chopped walnuts....
Old 05-10-2016, 04:30 PM   #19
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

[QUOTE=agouderia;2175478]Greek - aka double strained - yoghurt = great for almost anything, salty, sweet or spicy. I also make cheese cake with it, turns out perfectly.

How do you make Cheese Cake with Greek Yogurt? Do you have a recipe?

I have not tried the smoked salmon, but you just gave me a great idea. Might even add some cappers.

One of my sisters used to make her own cream cheese. Hope this does not sound to strange. She would but the yogurt in several layers of cheese cloth, gather all the cloth, put a string around it and hang the ball of cloth with the yogurt inside the fringe for a couple of days to drain into a container. Once it drains it is like a ball of cream cheese. Sometimes she would had galic or herbs to flavor the yogurt.
DianaSSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:58 AM   #20
agouderia
Library Girl

[quote=DianaSSBBW;2175688]
Quote:
Greek - aka double strained - yoghurt = great for almost anything, salty, sweet or spicy. I also make cheese cake with it, turns out perfectly.

How do you make Cheese Cake with Greek Yogurt? Do you have a recipe?
It's in essence a variation of a Polish or Austrian style cheese cake - with a thin shortbread crust and a thick (app. 2 inches) layer of a baked curd cheese (twarog/quark/topfen) - a general favorite in Central/Eastern Europe.

Double-strained Greek yoghurt makes an excellent substitute for the curd cheese - I make it regularly that way.

Mine is a light version, with no butter in the cheese filling (totally unecessary imo, only makes it dense and 'concrete-y' - grated lemon peel & vanilla are much more important for the taste) - and don't use flour to soak up the moisture, but stir in a classic cooked pudding (vanilla, cream or almond flavor). Beaten egg whites at the end create the wonderful light creamy texture - although it's low fat.

These two recipes here in cup measures come pretty close:

http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/od...Cheesecake.htm
(again - leave out the butter of this one)

https://recipeland.com/recipe/v/aust...eesecake-36966
(this one is correct regarding the basic approach - only whatever you do - don't use cottage cheese! It doesn't work at all!)

You can always add raisins, and/or chopped almonds, or put fruit on the crust before filling in the cheese mass (cherries or apricots are best). Even chocolate chips work.

Happy baking!
Old 05-13-2016, 12:43 PM   #21
FreeThinker

Just today I remembered one I had forgotten to post. I ordered a breakfast with French Toast. While I usually order ham as my meat choice, I often go with sausage (links) when I'm having French Toast or pancakes, as I like to dredge the sausage through the syrup.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:50 PM   #22
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Some weird combos appeal to more than one person ...

Ketchup on eggs seems to be a trend - mine is ketchup on poached eggs...

Ice cold watermelon with feta cheese and pink pepper would be my variation to that one...

Love that one too! Great with cranberry or cowberry sauce.

Ketchup flavour crisps have been available in the UK for over forty years, not Heinz though, just ketchup. I know because I love/d them!

Not sure where your European friends are from but again in the UK, peanut butter with celery sticks or apple slices is not unusual.

Also, another person posted about peanut butter being unusual in europe or something. My dad's favourite snack was to sit with a jar of Sun-Pat smooth peanut butter and eat it with a teaspoon. That would be from about 44 yrs ago! It's common here. I must admit though I couldnt resist paying an extortionate 5 for a jar of schmucker's grape jelly and peanut butter, because the stripes looked so good!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:38 AM   #23
ChocolateBunny

ChocolateBunny has said some nice things

I've been obsessed with grilled cheese sandwiches and bread and butter pickles.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
ChocolateBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:55 AM   #24
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Peanut butter and spicy hot dill pickle sandwiches.
Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches.
Peanut butter and potato chip sandwiches.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:12 AM   #25
LennonFan92

LennonFan92 has said some nice things

Spiced nuts, caramel corn, and vanilla ice cream...just delicious.😋
LennonFan92 is offline   Reply With Quote