Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Library > Story Readers Forum

Old 06-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default About the new Public Library board

Summary:

The Public Library will contain copies of existing good, quality stories fit for a general audience, not new content. We are looking for nominations for suitable stories.

Background:

The Public Library has been set up as a board that can be read without being logged in to Dimensions. For many years the main part of the library was set this way, but given the adult content of many of the stories, and the sites general 18+ requirement, this was changed to require logging in to read.

However a fair number of people initially found Dimensions via the Library, and only ended up joining in order to give feedback on stories or to post their own. We don’t want to entirely lose this path for people to explore their interests, nor its value in pulling new members into the community. Hence we are creating one board, fully moderated, where we can post stories that are appropriate for a general, completely un-screened audience.

In other words no explicit sex, no very heavy fetish activity, and we’ll think long and hard about darker stories before posting. The Public Library is about finding good stories to introduce a general audience to weight gain fiction – it is not about what pushes an individual’s mental fat blue movie buttons best.

How you can help:

That is what is going on. Now for where you come in.

The team moderating the library is only so diverse in our tastes. If we only move our favourite stories to the new forum, it won’t really represent the diversity of stories found here. You can rest assured that FFA/BHM stories are known well by the moderating team, but we are collectively weaker in other areas.

Readers:

Please nominate stories that are:

• well written, meaning you could imagine them being published or posted alone for their writing quality in some other context.
  • would not freak out the parents of your fifteen year old niece or nephew, if they found them reading them. Meaning stories that meet a current PG13 or Prime Time TV standard.
  • put a link to the story – to avoid mix ups or misunderstandings and save the moderators time. (You can use the ‘search’ and ‘advanced search’ feature to find it—and if you can’t remember it well enough to find it, odds on your description won’t be enough for us to find it either).

Authors: if you have written a story that you think may be appropriate, please let us know. If it one you would like to touch up before it gets copied over, or which might be suitable if you just made one little change, also let us know—we can help you with that.

This will take time.

Please be patient if things don’t get migrated as quickly as you’d like. We don’t have the ability to copy entire threads over, so we have to go into edit view on each story post, copy it, and post it into the new thread. It takes time, especially on longer stories, and all of the moderators do this purely on a volunteer basis and have other things happening in their lives. We are eager to populate the new board, but it will take some time.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
Joel

Joel can now change their title

I'd like to nominate the first weight gain story that really captured my interest around the age your referring to "The Party" by Thomas Richards. It's in the new forums some where and can be found more easily in the old library
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:41 PM   #3
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Love the ones already picked. Ill have go thru my old favs!

Question: what is the sex(ual) threshold for public stories?
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:44 AM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Xyantha: That is a good question. Ideally I’d say we want it to be ‘PG13+’, but to be honest there are some stories that are very good, which mildly cross that line, that we are going to post anyway (or may have already posted). There is a sort of quality/sexuality trade-off is the best that I can put it. We are mostly trying to avoid it, but if it really serves the broader story, and that story is compelling in itself, then….. there will be exceptions.

I do realize that this is a pretty fuzzy answer, and that everyone’s ideas of ‘quality’ and what is to explicit is going to vary. But it is pretty much where we are at currently. This may evolve as we go forward—I’m a big believer it iterative processes, as I’ve seen few examples of anyone being able to get things perfectly right the first time, every time.

Joel: thank you for the suggestion As with all suggestions, a moderator will have to go and read (or re-read) it with an eye to our guidelines, then if it passes we'll add it to our list (we do have a fairly long list already, and copying things over will be a slow process, so if you make a suggestion and it doesn't show up immediately it doesn't mean we are ignoring the suggestion, it may just be in the queue.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:07 PM   #5
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This is digging up some old classics that I absolutely loved and hadn't read in a while!!! yay!
Old 06-12-2015, 05:17 PM   #6
Cylon_bob

Cylon_bob can now change their title

I've got several that I'd like to offer as possibilities, that I wrote.

A Lot Can Change (just part 1. Part 2 was, in hindsight, unnecessary, though if you wanted it...)

Dani's Diet

Facebook Chronicles of a Party Girl's Fattening
i
Lilah

I feel like I'd be a self-promoting jerk if I didn't mention anyone else's stuff, so

Mall Rats by Onion88

Basically anything from TheId
Cylon_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:27 PM   #7
ashblonde
Busy writing

ashblonde never has a post go unnoticedashblonde never has a post go unnoticedashblonde never has a post go unnoticedashblonde never has a post go unnoticedashblonde never has a post go unnoticedashblonde never has a post go unnoticedashblonde never has a post go unnoticed

I can see that the BHM FFA slice of storyville is well-represented so far, but I can't help but nominate one that I've adored ever since she first posted it, agouderia's Available in All Sizes.

I'm probably desensitized to what's suitable, so I don't know if it crosses boundaries, but it's such good work and could inspire any budding author (it certainly inspired me).

p.s. what you're doing here is awesome. I may never have written anything when I was younger had Dims not been open and available for me to sample at the buffet of fat fiction and erotica. So if this does bring in more writers and help more 'young people' to get in touch with their fat feelings, then you've done your job :-)
ashblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:08 AM   #8
Tad
mostly harmless

Good call--that is a great story!

A discussion we've been having on the moderator board is that all of us prefer stories over things that read more like transcribed sexual fantasies--but that BBW/male-FA side of the writings here have a much higher percentage of the 'sexual fantasy' type material and less well developed stories. There are good BBW/FA stories, but it can be more work to pick them out from the background.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:29 AM   #9
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Paul by Lurksville comes to mind.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:20 AM   #10
DaveTheBrave

DaveTheBrave has said some nice things

Any thoughts on when the Public Library board might be updated?
DaveTheBrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:30 PM   #11
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I believe we were looking for suggestions from people... perhaps we should make a thread for Public Library suggestions if there isn't one already (I can't remember).
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:50 PM   #12
DaveTheBrave

I'm open to that. Is it just me, or once threads are on the Public Library Board, no one can reply to the thread (other than moderators)?
Old 06-30-2016, 04:56 PM   #13
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I just did a post and it said it went to the moderators for review.
Mod Gods and Godesses - you can ignore my "test" comment
Old 07-01-2016, 12:29 AM   #14
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Xy - we ignored your test post.

Nevertheless, your questions raise the question of what to do about the Public Library board.

We had installed it as there was a time span of about 15 months (2015/16) in which readers/lurkers had to sign in to read any story. Since guest reading in the Library has always been an important way of getting into the community, the Public Library was installed to at least be able to openly showcase some of the material.
It was always intended as a'reading only' board - so Loopy kindly included all the links to the original stories where comments can still be posted.

As lurkers now again have access to reading all Library forums, the question arises what to do about the Public Library more in general.

We're currently discussion that amongst the mods - more soon.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:09 PM   #15
DaveTheBrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Xy - we ignored your test post.

Nevertheless, your questions raise the question of what to do about the Public Library board.

We had installed it as there was a time span of about 15 months (2015/16) in which readers/lurkers had to sign in to read any story. Since guest reading in the Library has always been an important way of getting into the community, the Public Library was installed to at least be able to openly showcase some of the material.
It was always intended as a'reading only' board - so Loopy kindly included all the links to the original stories where comments can still be posted.

As lurkers now again have access to reading all Library forums, the question arises what to do about the Public Library more in general.

We're currently discussion that amongst the mods - more soon.
That makes sense. I totally understand how the 'reading only' nature of the board would come about. However, with no posting activity, it may actually disincentivize new members from becoming more involved, as was intended by the board in the first place. (Just a little feedback from the constituency, do with it what you will )
Old 07-01-2016, 06:15 PM   #16
Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJerry Thomas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Would it be possible to bring back some of the "classic" stories from the past? At least those that pass the censorship test? The library is so vast that they are hard to find, especially for new readers, and some of them are really good. They could be revived and highlighted via the Public Library feature. I'm thinking of "In Her Chair" as just one example.
Jerry Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 02:33 PM   #17
Tad
mostly harmless

That was part of the point of the public library board, yes -- and "In her Chair" is in fact up there already