Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-18-2010, 05:32 AM   #1
adasiyan

adasiyan does more than just post hot picsadasiyan does more than just post hot picsadasiyan does more than just post hot pics
Default I'm booked in!

I'm booked in for WLS (lapband) on the 29th october.
After nearly 4 and a half years waiting on the public health system to book it in for me, i've decided to go private and pay for the lot out of my own pocket (15K AUD).
Choosing to get lapband was not an easy choice for me, as i always maintained that when my weight started causing health issues, i would try and lose some naturally but still remain a bigger girl.
Recently (the last year) severe back pain, central obstructive sleep apnea and respiratory issues had me looking into it privately, but when i was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes - my decision was made.
Currently, I am unable to really leave my house much both because of the physical difficulties i encounter plus the general public's disdain of larger people (i live in a very Asian community and there aren't many people around the same size as me)
I'm aiming for a size 16-18, still curvy and plumpy in the right spots, but definately looking forward to massively improved health most of all.

cheers,
ada
Old 09-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I hope your surgery is uneventful, not toooo painful and you have a speedy recovery.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Best of luck, Ada. I hope the surgery gives you the results you want, without too much discomfort.

Take care!
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

May you have a quick and uneventful recovery!
Old 09-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

Good luck and a speedy recovery.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
adasiyan

adasiyan does more than just post hot picsadasiyan does more than just post hot picsadasiyan does more than just post hot pics

Thanks guys
I'm hoping for a quick recovery too.
I'm absolutely terrified at the idea of going under anesthesia though.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adasiyan View Post
Thanks guys
I had never been under in my whole life and I had some concerns myself. But anesthesiologists are amazing at what they do and they know their stuff. i woke up feeling good. Not just ok but GOOD. Like, upbeat and energized and ready to meet the world. I don't think everyone is like that, and my procedure was out patient, but all my fears were for nothing, is my point. When the pharmacy tech came up to give me my pain meds, I was dressed, with my coat on and I said: Here I am and she was like: Wow. You? I wouldn't have thought for a million years that you were the patient!

The adrenaline eventually wore off, my incision hurt and I needed those pain meds. But gettin' knocked out was a very good experience for me. So I hope very much the same for you!

(in fact, I'd like to get knocked out more frequently if you ask me. Maybe not Michael Jackson, but...)
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
whome

whome can now change their title

Quote:
Thanks guys
I had a midband done and the anesthetic was the scariest part for me, but it turned out to be no problem at all. The worst part of the whole thing was the gas pains for about a week, but other than that, the whole kit and kaboodle was really not that bad
whome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
adasiyan

Hey guys,

just a quick update.
The banding went well, i had a rough time recovering from the anaesthetic - it took me nearly 8 hrs to wake up completely
Had very little pain post op and most of it was gas pain.

Last edited by AnnMarie; 04-11-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: no pounds/loss tracking
adasiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #10
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm glad your surgery and recovery has gone well. How do you feel now that you are lighter? Of those issues you listed in your first post, how has your life changed?

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:43 AM   #11
adasiyan

Its great!
I cant believe i'm down so much already , i look at the bags of potatoes at the supermarket and find it hard to imagine that i used to carry a bunch of them around.
Just got my blood test results yesterday and i am now a non diabetic too
Whilst i've still got a fair distance to go , i feel healthier and find it much easier to move around and bend ect.

Last edited by adasiyan; 04-12-2011 at 05:44 AM. Reason: mention of lb lost
adasiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:31 AM   #12
SSBBW Katerina
FillOutUrProfileFellas

SSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going on
Thumbs up Kudos!

I wish you much continued success & good health, hon! You deserve it. If I had the ducats I'd have WLS in a heartbeat. I was declared a candidate for it and had been researching set backs & advancements/ educating myself/ dietary and exercises to follow pre & post op and interviewed possibly close to a thousand post op people [i wanted to hear all pros and cons] and about 100 surgeons in the U.S. & abroad since 1997.

One day, I'll have my day.

Godspeed.

Katerina
Old 04-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #13
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Its great!
I cant believe i'm down so much already , i look at the bags of potatoes at the supermarket and find it hard to imagine that i used to carry a bunch of them around.
Whilst i've still got a fair distance to go , i feel healthier and find it much easier to move around and bend ect.
I am glad to hear that you are having a lot of positive results from your banding.
I saw my surgeon yesterday, and I will be having my lap band removed in late May, or early June. Just waiting to find out when he can do the removal surgery at the hospital of my choice which is Melbourne Private Hospital.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #14
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well.
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:52 PM   #15
asdfghjk

asdfghjk can now change their title

Quote:
Its great!
How are you doing?
asdfghjk is offline   Reply With Quote