Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 08-27-2016, 09:02 PM   #1
lovemefat

lovemefat has said some nice things
Default Low Sugar/Carb Weight Gain?

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone out there has been able to gain without consuming any refined sugar or too many carbs? Due to health issues, and to prevent health issues I have to avoid sugar and most grains. I know there are lots of great recipes for baked goods made with almond flour, and lots of butter, etc. just wondering if anyone out there has been able to gain a large amount of weight this way. I'd like to get really huge but do not want to develop diabetes or the mood swings that come with sugar highs and crashes. I'm about 200 now.
lovemefat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
lawriesv

lawriesv has said some nice things

What if you were to eat high-fat foods, avoiding the carbohydrates (including sugars)? If your Calorie intake exceeded your expenditure, your weight would increase.

(Given that fats are more Calorie-dense than carbs, for the same volume, you should be able to gain faster.)
lawriesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:06 AM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

And by the way, some recent study suggests that a lot of the health issues seen with obesity may come from when our body has trouble gaining more weight. That fat cells donít just store excess calories for future use, they are a buffer for our biology, soaking up excesses before those cause damage. When our fat cells are saturated they donít soak up excess sugars, fats, etc. so well, and it could be that this is when we start seeing a lot of the diabetic type issues, blood pressure problems, etc. So even if you are keeping to a fairly healthy lifestyle, if you start pushing hard against your bodyís limits you may encounter these health problems. Now, that was just one strand of research, I wouldnít take it as hard fact just yet, but it does make a lot of sense and helps explain why a lot of people get major health benefits from fairly minor weight loss, so Iím inclined to err on the side of caution on this issue.

(and yes, when our fat cells are getting full, we do make new fat cells, but this seems to be a fairly slow response).

So yes, look at nutritional information, pay attention to glycemic index (basically how fast and hard something makes your blood sugar spike), look for ways to eat lots of healthy fats and to eat steadily throughout the day (rather than huge amounts of once), and how to keep moving frequently (sitting for too long at a time may also be associated with issues in how our body deals with sugars). Iím pretty sure that you can keep gaining for a good while and enjoy how fat you are getting Ö but when your body starts getting reluctant to gain more, I wouldnít try forcing it too hard.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:11 AM   #4
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just to add...flour is starch, and starch decomposes into a kind sugar in our bodies. Thise with hypo or hyper glycemia have to be as careful of pasta as cake.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:29 AM   #5
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yes to your question. Eat meat and lots of it. Eat all the nuts. Snack on cheese and beef jerky and eat natural peanut butter by the jar. Add butter and MCT oil to your morning coffee and eat avocados like they're going out of style. Cook with coconut, avocado, and olive oil. The more the better.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:18 PM   #6
lovemefat

lovemefat has said some nice things

Thank you all for your replies! In my research on the subject apparently adults CAN grow new fat cells (mostly in the lower body which is fine by me) and they may actually protect against some of the metabolic complications of being very fat. What you want to gain is more the subcutaneous fat (the jiggly, cuddly stuff) and not the visceral fat (fat around your organs like your liver, heart etc. - basically the not so fun stuff INSIDE your belly). Right now I have lots of subcutaneous fat and my other markers are good - great cholesterol profile, female hormones are all in check, blood pressure and blood sugar are okay but I'm working on making that ideal through diet and exercise. Yes, and well aware starches break down into pure glucose.

I would love to gain to capacity (maybe 260-275) with the right person just want to ensure I stay HAPPY and healthy while doing it. I am trying to eat lots of fat to keep my weight up. Thinking maybe a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie made with cream or half and half daily might help :-) and a special someone to make sure I keep eating a little more than I should would be top it off. Could be a wonderful experiment :-)
lovemefat is offline   Reply With Quote