Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 11-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Talking Moroccan Oil (Argan Oil)

As i've got older my hair has got much drier and it was always somewhat dry because it's curly, but it's been like wheat since I got it foiled the last time and it was quite bothersome and not very nice to look at (in my opinion).

I asked a haridresser friend what I could do about it and she suggested Moroccan oil. I bought some and seriously, this is the best thing to ever happen to my hair. I don't need any product in it and it leaves it soft, shiny and it smells AMAZING. My curls hold their shape perfectly as well.

I just thought I would give you all a shout out about it. It's amazing.

I'm using Organix but I think there are quite a few versions of it out there.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging in

Argan oil is very good for cosmetics but it is also very good for health in food and delicious, but quite expensive. I've tasted it in Morocco 2 years ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argan_oil
Old 11-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've been using Argan Oil for my hair for about a year now. It's great for those times I don't have the time to condition well after shampooing. It's not even noticeable that I didn't. While it doesn't do much for me, because my hair is very healthy on its own... It is great for those with seriously high damage in their hair. And for those in a rush every once in awhile who have no time to spend on getting their hair perfect. Lol.

I wish I would've had this when I was younger. My hair was so awful and fried up. A lot of it owing to hard water, though, since I lived out in the countryside. But learning to not wash my hair every single day and to deep condition at least once a week has given my locks a full turn around health-wise.

There's intense treatments that contain Argan Oil that are also super great, as well as the plain old oil to slick into the hair. Love them all. But I use just the plain oil because I don't really need it at all.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I use an argon oil after every shower followed up by a coconut spray. It makes my hair feel so soft.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
archivaltype
shake n bake

archivaltype has super-sized reparchivaltype has super-sized reparchivaltype has super-sized reparchivaltype has super-sized rep

I used argan oil every time I washed my hair (every other day or every 2 days or so) when it was really long, and I only used it on my ends. It worked okay for me, kept them from getting crispy and all.
I have since got like 17 inches cut off and lost the stuff I used; I started using coconut oil for the KP on my arms -which works so so so good btw- and just running whatever was leftover on my hands through my hair and it works so goooood. I love it more than the AO.

:confused:
archivaltype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love my coconut oil spray! I used it after every shower and sometimes in between. It smells good and leaves my hair soft.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #7
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I have hair that has naturally loose curls and gets frizzy when it's dry outside. I love my Argan oil spray.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #8
BigCutieAspen

BigCutieAspen can now change their title

great stuff, saved my hair!
BigCutieAspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:46 PM   #9
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have really curly hair and I've tried this before
Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner
I did not like what it did to my hair.

But now, I deep condition 2x a week with extra virgin olive oil after a shower. I wear it overnight and rinse with any conditioner. I wash with shampoo twice a month. I never dry my hair - I just wring it out. I also never brush it - I only use my fingers and detangle with product. I wear protective curly hairstyles and air dry. My hair has grown lots quicker and is so much more manageable!

And I use this as a leave-in conditioner
Cantu Shea Butter

Curly hair is tough.

Last edited by FatAndProud; 03-19-2014 at 11:54 PM.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #10
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Now, I'm very intrigued about all this. My hair is very wavy rather than curly and, although a bit dry towards the ends, is generally in good condition. I wash it every other day and only comb it through with a wide tooth comb whilst I've got condition in in the shower. That said, I've been hearing a lot about this oil stuff and I do wish my hair kept it's waves in the damp, rather than going hella frizzy at the slightest sign of humidity or rain, and I wouldn't complain if my hair were softer still.

I can't get over the mental stumbling block that oil = grease, though. What's the key to not making my hair look like I've washed it in, well, oil??
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #11
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've tried over a dozen different brands and this one is perfect for me. It's a serum that only contains Argan oil and Vitamin E and absorbs instantly into hair. Never ever greasy. It can be pricey but you only need a dime sized amount for shoulder length hair. I've been using it for over a year.

NuMe Arganics Argan Oil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg argon-oil__00690_zoom-179x300.jpg (7.3 KB, 205 views)

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #12
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

This is great advice, being a guy I have no idea how to care for my hair type. So its very dry mostly and just a mess, I will try this and hopefully it may prove to be worthwhile.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #13
terpsichore

terpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot pics

question - when you put argan oil on your hair, do you just use it on the ends, like from the shoulder and down? or do you use it on the scalp as well?

i tried it once and found that even a small amount made my hair look oily and greasy. maybe i should have just put it on the ends?
terpsichore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #14
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsichore View Post
question - when you put argan oil on your hair, do you just use it on the ends, like from the shoulder and down? or do you use it on the scalp as well?

i tried it once and found that even a small amount made my hair look oily and greasy. maybe i should have just put it on the ends?
I follow the directions which say to pour a dime to nickle sized amount in your palm, then rub them together and run them through your hair, then on your ends, until your hands are no longer shiny. Sometimes I use a bit more. Less is more, usually.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:26 PM   #15
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsichore View Post

I use it on my ends first, then everywhere else until there's no sign of product left on my hands. A dime sized amount should be enough for the majority of people. Definitely is for me, and I've got loads of hair. But my hair is really healthy besides the very ends of my strands.

I'd say concentrate it where there's damage first, then use leftovers on the rest.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #16
bigcutiesugar

bigcutiesugar can now change their title

I absolutely love the scent of argan oil. My friend (a hairdresser) used to give me little "free sample" bottles. It's a wonderful product! I'd definitely only use it on my ends though.
bigcutiesugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #17
Shan34

Shan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging in

Great thread. I also have curly hair that since moving to Kansas has at times given me a very hard time with dryness. I have tried to not wash my hair as much, I have a hard time with that. My sis washes her hair once a week and her hair is SO beautiful I can't believe how great it looks even one week out from a shampoo.

I also have suffered from thinning. Way more than I'm comfortable with. Saw a dermatologist who said it's due to trauma and it will grow back...that was two years ago and while I don't think I've lost any more, it's not coming back the way he said it would. It sucks.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #18
prettyssbbw

prettyssbbw has super-sized repprettyssbbw has super-sized repprettyssbbw has super-sized repprettyssbbw has super-sized rep
Default :)

I used to love Argan oil in my hair before i decided to go blonde. I was getting brassy colors back in my hair from it. So i switched to Coconut oil. It is great also! Argan was my favorite when i had darker hair!
Old 08-30-2014, 04:32 AM   #19
FionaForemost

FionaForemost does more than just post hot picsFionaForemost does more than just post hot picsFionaForemost does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyssbbw View Post
I used to love Argan oil in my hair before i decided to go blonde. I was getting brassy colors back in my hair from it. So i switched to Coconut oil. It is great also! Argan was my favorite when i had darker hair!
I'm also a brunette-to-blonde and totally agree. I <3 coconut oil. I use it for everything. makeup remover, deodorant, eye lubricant, lip/body/hair moisturizer, frizz tamer, cuticle oil...I can't even think of everything I use it for, my fingers are in it all the time. I use it for cooking, too! It's great stuff.
FionaForemost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:52 AM   #20
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcutiesugar View Post
I absolutely love the scent of argan oil. My friend (a hairdresser) used to give me little "free sample" bottles. It's a wonderful product! I'd definitely only use it on my ends though.
It looks like I'm in the minority, I hate the smell of that stuff. Someone gave me some, and I only use it on my feet.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #21
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

It's good on skin also. I've been using some as a moisturizer since I've been getting hives. I think it helps.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:35 AM   #22
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

How is it for split ends? Mine are horrendous
Old 07-01-2016, 06:15 PM   #23
Awen9
On Timeout

Awen9 has said some nice things

Hi,
I used Argan oil for my hair. Argan oil is proven to make hair softer and shinier. It is the ideal hair conditioner and it can even help to treat split ends and tame frizzy hair.
Thanks!!
Awen9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:14 AM   #24
Tabitha1950

Tabitha1950 has said some nice things

I like using Josie Muran Argan Oil and Argan Milk. I've noticed my hair isn't as frizzy. For Shampoo/Conditioner with Argan oil in it my granddaughter uses Renpure Originals.
Tabitha1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:02 AM   #25
Sculptor

Sculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this board

I use maracuja, marula, and jojoba (jojoba's technically a wax, not an oil) for face/skin, and coconut or red palm for hair pre-swim to protect from chlorine, saltwater, and UV. I have combination skin and rarely use nut oils like argan because two of my friends have nut allergies. I try to keep skin oils more toward the middle or the linoleic side and hair oils more oleic to prevent breakouts but you may have different skin that likes just the opposite or something more extreme linoleic if your skin gets oily naturally, which people see as a negative but think of it like this: you'll look younger longer if you have naturally oily skin.
Sculptor is offline   Reply With Quote