Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 04-16-2015, 06:44 PM   #1
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Is It Bravery?

Ladies!
I can't wait for summer. I am a SSBBW and go to a local pool. I have even gone to the Wavepool nearby with a friend. So, is it bravery?....

Ladies, what is your opinion on going to public pools and beaches as a BBW?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrel...qpgp#.oqJOLb9G
DianaSSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #2
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My opinion on it is that I shouldn't let the opinion of others stop me from enjoying my life.
I go. I don't wear a bikini or anything that shows too much....but I believe I would be the same if I was thin. Just not my thing.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:31 PM   #3
tootsieroll81

tootsieroll81 has said some nice things

No. She's just a person trying to live her life. I think that people's fear of being fat says volumes about their mental issues, not anyone that they are making fun of.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #4
Sculptor

Sculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsieroll81 View Post
No. She's just a person trying to live her life. I think that people's fear of being fat says volumes about their mental issues, not anyone that they are making fun of.
Hear, hear
Sculptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:13 PM   #5
Imp

Imp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticed

No, given the terrifying things that "bravery" is usually reserved for. But as far as things that often get called brave that really aren't, yeah, I'd put it in that category.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:36 PM   #6
CurvyEm2

CurvyEm2 has said some nice things

I guess it's a bit scary for a fat girl to wear a revealing swimsuit to the beach/pool/whatever but brave? That does not even come close to what I consider brave.
CurvyEm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #7
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I don't know I would think that there are differing degrees of bravery, and something one person considers brave another could consider trivial.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:21 PM   #8
SecretlyaKitten

SecretlyaKitten does more than just post hot picsSecretlyaKitten does more than just post hot picsSecretlyaKitten does more than just post hot picsSecretlyaKitten does more than just post hot pics

I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, which aren't always what other people find brave. If you go skydiving, and you aren't afraid, why in the world would I ever call you brave? I wouldn't. There is nothing courageous about doing something you aren't afraid of. On the other hand, if you go skydiving while you're terrified, then yes, that is brave. Acts of bravery are defined as the actions a person takes when they are defying their own fear. So, just because something doesn't seem extreme to you doesn't mean that it didn't take a person's every ounce of courage and conviction in their body. Let's not undermine that.

Short answer: it can be, yes, but it depends on the individual.
SecretlyaKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:01 PM   #9
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thank you for contributing to the thread.
I started the thread on a nice, hot spring day. I had just had lunch with someone that spent most of our time talking about the fact that she would not be wearing a bathing suit this summer in public. I would not consider this person fat.
When I got back to work, my head started to spin and spin!!
Why does she feel that way? Why do I (over 150 Lb. larger than her), it does not even cross my mind?

Hope you all had a great summer.

Thank you!
DianaSSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:02 PM   #10
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaSSBBW View Post
Thank you for contributing to the thread.
I started the thread on a nice, hot spring day. I had just had lunch with someone that spent most of our time talking about the fact that she would not be wearing a bathing suit this summer in public. I would not consider this person fat.
When I got back to work, my head started to spin and spin!!
Why does she feel that way? Why do I (over 150 Lb. larger than her), it does not even cross my mind?

Hope you all had a great summer.

Thank you!
I think this is a good question. Perhaps the way to pose the question is: What makes someone so afraid to expose some skin on a hot day right along with everyone else?

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:54 PM   #11
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

What message has society delivered to women that our bodies are not ok? I feel that the crux of the matter lies in how our society teaches women to view ourselves and our bodies. How we constantly criticize ourselves and nothing is ever good enough. Everywhere we look we are sent messages that we are not perfect and that we should be.

It is like an endless loop in our brain☹️ and it is very hard to change.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:00 AM   #12
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thinking about it, I would call it defiance - not necessarily bravery.

Bravery has a moral component imo, and something of overcoming real obstacles.

But defying one-sided standards and nonsensical rules is an excellent thing in my book.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #13
choudhury

choudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this board

Yes, it's bravery.

I'm a 40-something, relatively thin man - so I can't begin to understand the social pressures that BBWs and SSBBWs come under. Even so, I don't like removing my shirt in public...my droopy, unimpressive physique and borderline moobs make me insecure. So hats off to a SSBBW with the go-to-hell gumption to just live her life as she pleases, irrespective of what others might think!!
choudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:26 PM   #14
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choudhury View Post
Yes, it's bravery.

I'm a 40-something, relatively thin man - so I can't begin to understand the social pressures that BBWs and SSBBWs come under. Even so, I don't like removing my shirt in public...my droopy, unimpressive physique and borderline moobs make me insecure. So hats off to a SSBBW with the go-to-hell gumption to just live her life as she pleases, irrespective of what others might think!!
This is the BBW board, which is a protected space for big ladies to talk about their issues. Being a skinny male, you are rather out of place here.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:40 AM   #15
choudhury

choudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
This is the BBW board, which is a protected space for big ladies to talk about their issues. Being a skinny male, you are rather out of place here.
Well, I thought I was pitching in with a supportive and relevant perspective. But OK, I will refrain from any posts on this board going forward.
choudhury is offline   Reply With Quote