Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

View Poll Results: Did Comey do the right thing?
No, he's a partisan hack, for not recommending to indict in the first place. 1 11.11%
Same as 1, but for taking to such a public channel to update Congress on a still-open investigation 3 33.33%
Trick question, there's no "right answer" here except CYA & "You're damned if you do... 1 11.11%
I don't know enough about this to say for sure, but it probably doesn't matter all that much. 1 11.11%
Yes, because if no one is quite happy about it, then that's probably for the best. 0 0%
Yes, Comey 2020, because we could sure do much worse! 0 0%
Yes, time will tell, if there's something (politically) relevant in those emails. 0 0%
Yes, already, because those emails are sort of besides the whole point. 0 0%
Kind of. But mostly just to err against the side of incumbent? 0 0%
Actually, it's me, James Comey. And I really don't appreciate any of this. 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2016, 08:08 AM   #1
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Did Comey do the right thing?

Is James Comey a good role model for our children?

(Poll to follow)
Old 11-03-2016, 08:28 AM   #2
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post

(Poll to follow)
On what basis should the public make that determination? On the basis that the FBI Director found Hillary Clinton's actions to be reckless and possibly illegal, but with no clear “intent” to break the law. (Which is not a criteria of the law.)

Which drove people on the right ballistic.

Or, the fact he reopened the investigation so close to election day. An action that drove people on the left, including leftist media crazy.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:06 AM   #3
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You mean the whole James "there's not enough evidence to convict....oh wait my subordinates don't like me viola evidence" Comey? If there's a crime fine. If it's just lets find a reason to indict people so I look like a strong leader to my subordinates, then that's wrong.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:36 AM   #4
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Well, I made a poll because...

I can look at this from a number of different angles.

If you take the somewhat recent change in their mission statement for anything, then, I guess, threats to national security are its real focus, anything outside of that direct scope, seemingly tertiary in priority. Like, for example, protecting the identity of Anthony Weiner's victim, who's now since publicly blamed Comey directly for outing her for political gain? Saying that he actually caused abuse to "continue," that's his own actions are directly responsible for this.

Honestly, I begin from a premise that his intent was to help try to demonstrate his agency's independence from the spectre of o̶u̶t̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ top-down meddling (Obama? Loretta Lynch?). However, in the process, it kind of begs the question of where all these leaks are coming from? Like, is he actually not in control here? Or merely employing this as some kind of deeper ruse, to catch someone else?

Otherwise, not signing off on the relative certainty of Putin's involvement in the hacks, I think, is perfectly fair, his prerogative, even as that turns out to be pretty-much true.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #5
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Or is Comey seeing himself as the New and Improved J. Edgar Hoover?
Old 11-03-2016, 09:16 PM   #6
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post

(Poll to follow)

Typical lack of ability to comprehend anything more complex than 'where's my free stuff?'.

Don't have sufficient information to judge Comey yet but he far and away is a better role model than the Corrupt Clinton Crime Family.

Are lefties in the least bit able to comprehend that America wouldn't be on the precipice of a Constitutional crisis but not for the actions of the Corrupt Clinton Crime Family?

Are no regressive politicians responsible for their own actions, greed and stupidity?

Typical for regressives to blame the messenger and not the guilty party.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:54 PM   #7
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in
Default You forgot one option...

o Yes, Comey needed to notify Congress there would be even more expenditures than originally budgeted for investigating a possible gross violation of Federal Law in light of newly discovered evidence.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:14 AM   #8
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risible View Post

... 'where's my free stuff?'.

This line pisses me off no end. You do realize that its blue states that pay for the freeloading of red states?

Its the hard work and innovation of educated productive liberals that pays for the handouts the Neanderthals in red states depend on.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:05 PM   #9
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Default ^But don't you find it interesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risible View Post
"Typical lack of ability to comprehend anything more complex than 'where's my free stuff?'.

Don't have sufficient information to judge Comey yet
"
But I'm not blaming anything, just asking what seems like it ought to be a simple enough question. And yet, look how few have mustered a real answer.

What more information should we need? Shouldn't his memo be able to stand on its own, regardless of what further outcomes either materialize or fail to?
Old 11-06-2016, 01:40 PM   #10
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

FBI Director Comey says agency won’t recommend charges over Clinton email
Old 11-06-2016, 07:17 PM   #11
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah -- most of the e-mails were duplicates or personal communications. In other words a big fat load of nothing!!!