Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)



 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2016, 12:09 PM   #51
bigmac
 
bigmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood Coast
Posts: 10,365
bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Actually, it seems like none of you understand the definition of racism. But you sure understand how to be snide.
Columnist Chauncey DeVega nailed what it means to be a racist today in a letter the white people:

http://afrikanperspectives.com/dear-...ps-supporters/



...

So what is racism?

It is common for people to define racism as the use of mean words or racial slurs. Racism is also often thought of as a belief that there are fixed biological differences between different groups of people because of skin color. The idea that some groups of people are "smarter" or "more intelligent" than others would be one such example. People also tend assume a "real" racist is a member of a hate group like the KKK, white supremacists, and Neo Nazis. Of course, these are clear examples of racism. But, racism is so much more. It is social institutions like the police and prisons unfairly, often illegally, and disproportionately harassing, brutalizing, preying upon, and killing black and brown people. Racism is also recreated in our neighborhoods and schools when some communities get fewer resources than others - and those communities are often black and brown. Racism is materially manifest when banks charge non-whites higher interest rates for the same loans and mortgages as white folks who have the same credit score and risk profile. These outcomes are not a coincidence; they are the results of decisions made by citizens and leaders.

Most white folks will not admit to being a racist or holding any ill-intent towards someone because of their skin color. In today's multicultural and diverse America, who would? But we must all remember that admitting to being a racist is not a necessary requirement for being one.

Oftentimes white folks will say, "I didn't mean it" or "that wasn't my intent" when confronted about racist behavior (men strike a similar tone when faced with their sexism). Personal intent often has little if anything to do with racism. In fact, many white folks are racist on a deep and subconscious level against blacks and other people of color.

What of Donald Trump?

We can look at his words, deeds and policies in order to determine one, if he is a racist, and two, if racism is operative in his politics.

The evidence is pretty overwhelming against him. Donald Trump has said that a Mexican-American judge cannot fairly consider his case because of his "ethnic background." Trump has repeatedly said that many "illegal immigrants" (meaning those who are Hispanics and Latinos) come to America to rape and kill. This is also not true and slurs an entire group of people. Some of Donald Trump's closest advisers are white supremacists and white nationalists. Donald Trump and his father were repeatedly sued for not allowing blacks, Puerto Ricans, and other non-whites to live in the apartment buildings they owned in New York City. Donald Trump has said that black people are basically a group of idiots and losers whose lives are a living hell. Donald Trump led the "Birther" conspiracy that suggested Barack Obama, the country's first black president, was not eligible to hold the office because he was supposedly not born in the country. Donald Trump summoned old and very ugly racist and Anti-Semitic stereotypes when he reportedly said, ""Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day." Donald Trump reportedly continued on with, "...I've got to tell you something else. I think that the guy is lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is; I believe that. It's not anything they can control.""

As a candidate, Trump has promised to target African-American and Latinos for racial profiling and harassment by the police. Donald Trump also wants to single out Muslims for banning from the United States and perhaps even mandate that those Muslims who are already here register with the government.

These examples, and many others, clearly indicate that Donald Trump as well as his policies are racist. You must also grapple with an additional challenging fact. As activists and scholars such as Jane Elliot, Tim Wise, and Joe Feagin - who are all white by the way, so hopefully you will trust their viewpoint - remind us that tolerating and choosing to associate with racists is in and of itself an act of racism. This is an example of what is known as "casual racism," in which many white folks have the privilege of overlooking racist behavior by their friends, coworkers or relatives because "it is no big deal to them" and they care about those people despite their bigotry. People of color do not have such a luxury because racism is an existential threat to our safety, health, and security. A person cannot choose their blood relations. But, we can choose our friends, acquaintances, and in Trump's case, political advisers and confidantes.

What about you Donald Trump supporters out there?

Researchers have spent many months interviewing, talking to and trying to understand the motivations of people who were more likely to vote for Donald Trump. This may be challenging for you to read, but we have learned quite a few things. Trump supporters are more likely to be authoritarian; believe that blacks are "lazy" and "less intelligent" than whites; are hostile to Muslims; do not like immigrants; and in general are afraid and fearful that "their country" is being "taken away" from them by non-whites.

It is abundantly clear that xenophobia and racism is present in many of those who support Donald Trump.

I can imagine many out there will objection to that conclusion: "But me and many other white people I know voted for Obama last time. My support for Donald Trump has nothing to do with racism!"

My answer: In 2008 and 2012 there were white voters who supported Obama despitethe fact that he was a black man. Racism is sometimes outweighed by other considerations. Trump mastered this calculus.

"It was the economy and not racism!" Interesting point. Racism is often used to scare white voters into thinking that people of color are coming to "take their jobs" or undermine their standard of living. This is an all-too-common political tactic in America and also one based on a lie. Voters also make decisions based on a number of factors. For example, a person can be motivated by both concerns about the economy as well as hostility–subconscious or overt and intentional–towards black and brown people.

"How dare you! I have black and Hispanic friends. I can't be a racist!" This is a common deflection. A person may like a given person of color but still not like the racial or ethnic group to which they belong.

"I wanted to shake things up!" Yes, you did indeed shake things up by electing Donald Trump. And you did this by electing a person to the most powerful position in the world who has demonstrated by his actions, words, and circle of advisers and confidantes that he is a racist and an incompetent.

"You don't know me personally, so you can't say that I am a racist!" True. I do not know you personally. However, I do not need to know you personally in order to determine if your actions-and the actions of people like you-have a negative and unfair impact on whole groups of people because of the color of their skin.

"Blacks and Hispanics voted for Trump too! This is proof that I am not a racist and Trump isn't either!" Being a person of color does not determine one's political leanings, nor does it make one immune from celebrity culture, white racism, bigotry and the allure of authoritarianism. Unfortunately, there are blacks and Hispanics who, like white folks, are also seduced by all of those things.

I have no doubt that there are many "good" white folks like you who voted for and support Donald Trump. You are kind to animals, take care of your aged parents and other relatives and perhaps even neighbors, are nice to children, donate to charity, pick up litter, and try to live according to Christian values. But you should be reminded that human history is full of examples where "good" people supported horrible leaders who in turn did wicked things to their fellow citizens.

At this moment in history, this means that people like you who voted for and support Donald Trump are racists who have made a decision to do harm to your fellow Americans. You should make peace with this fact and own its moral and ethical implications. Unfortunately, there are many people like you who instead of being ashamed are feeling quite proud. You will soon learn with Donald Trump how racism does not just hurt black and brown folks, it can and often does hurt white people too. I hope you enjoy the lesson.

Sincerely,

Chauncey DeVega
bigmac is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 01:11 PM   #52
LeoGibson
Slangin'
 
LeoGibson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,358
LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

TL;DR

If you voted for Trump and/or disagree with me you're a racist.
__________________
From the tattoo on her left leg and the garter on her right. She'd have the card to bring me down
if she played it right
LeoGibson is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 07:26 PM   #53
bigmac
 
bigmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood Coast
Posts: 10,365
bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
TL;DR

If you voted for Trump and/or disagree with me you're a racist.
Can't imagine anyone who isn't racist voting for Trump.
bigmac is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #54
LeoGibson
Slangin'
 
LeoGibson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,358
LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Can't imagine anyone who isn't racist voting for Trump.
Yeah. Not really surprised by that either.
__________________
From the tattoo on her left leg and the garter on her right. She'd have the card to bring me down
if she played it right
LeoGibson is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 09:22 PM   #55
biodieselman
 
biodieselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sweet, sweet taste of VICTORY!
Posts: 2,609
biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Can't imagine anyone who isn't racist voting for Trump.
Wow...
And this guy can't comprehend why Trump won.

Posts like this will switch a few hundred more voters to Republican in 2018.


__________________
"I haven't seen the Democrats this mad since we freed the slaves!" Rob Schneider on Trump's YUGE VICTORY
biodieselman is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 11:43 PM   #56
Dromond
Old school
 
Dromond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In the past.
Posts: 7,365
Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Can't imagine anyone who isn't racist voting for Trump.
I can imagine it. But it means Trump's unapologetic racism was a lower priority for them than whatever their reason for voting for Trump was.
__________________
I hate Illinois Nazis.
Dromond is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 12:00 AM   #57
DELIMAN092262
 
DELIMAN092262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 10,876
DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Can't imagine anyone who isn't racist voting for Trump.
Or, the voters examined the strengths and weaknesses of both candidates and Hillary Clinton came up short in that comparison.
DELIMAN092262 is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 12:13 AM   #58
biodieselman
 
biodieselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sweet, sweet taste of VICTORY!
Posts: 2,609
biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
I can imagine it. But it means Trump's unapologetic racism was a lower priority for them than whatever their reason for voting for Trump was.
Please...

continue to show ignorance by labeling everyone you disagree with a

racist, Nazi, this-a-phobe, that-a-phobe, monster, deplorable, unredeemable, etc., etc. ...



I'm sure you'll convince voters to switch back to DemoKKKrat again because of your superior intelligence and tolerance.


__________________
"I haven't seen the Democrats this mad since we freed the slaves!" Rob Schneider on Trump's YUGE VICTORY
biodieselman is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 02:59 AM   #59
bigmac
 
bigmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood Coast
Posts: 10,365
bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
I can imagine it. But it means Trump's unapologetic racism was a lower priority for them than whatever their reason for voting for Trump was.

If a person thinks that Trump's unapologetic racism is a low priority that can be ignored then that person is a racist.
bigmac is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 07:47 AM   #60
biodieselman
 
biodieselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sweet, sweet taste of VICTORY!
Posts: 2,609
biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

RACIST-RACIST-RACIST-RACIST-RACIST-RACIST-RACIST-RACIST-RACIST-RACIST-RACIST-RACIST-RACIST-RACIST-RACIST


I feel a YUGE 2018 election tsunami for Republicans building.

The DemoKKKrat Party is dying and DemoKKKrat hate is killing it.

DemoKKKrats are helping destroy Obama's legacy of racist politics, hate and division.

We couldn't 'Make America Great Again' without your constant hate and drivel turning voters off and switching them to vote Republican Party, the Republican Party that defeated the DemoKKKrat party of slavery, Jim Crow, lynching and the KKK.

Decent law abiding, non-rioting Americans thank you.


__________________
"I haven't seen the Democrats this mad since we freed the slaves!" Rob Schneider on Trump's YUGE VICTORY
biodieselman is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 08:07 AM   #61
DELIMAN092262
 
DELIMAN092262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 10,876
DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
If a person thinks that Trump's unapologetic racism is a low priority that can be ignored then that person is a racist.
“Trump's unapologetic racism?” Please remind me when did Donald Trump come out and say without apology that he was a racist? The answer, of course, is never.

Your premise in the first part is nothing but your opinion masquerading as a fact. (Frankly, in my opinion you do that a lot.) Which again, in my opinion, renders your premise in the second part equally flawed. You assume everyone that voted for Trump is a racist. (All sixty million plus.)
DELIMAN092262 is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 09:02 AM   #62
bigmac
 
bigmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood Coast
Posts: 10,365
bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Deli presenting a strawman argument -- am I surprised?

Very few racists admit it -- but that's totally immaterial. His policies are racist, his statements are racist, and his actions going back decades are racist.

So guess what? He's a racist.
bigmac is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 09:16 AM   #63
DELIMAN092262
 
DELIMAN092262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 10,876
DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Deli presenting a strawman argument -- am I surprised?

Very few racists admit it -- but that's totally immaterial. His policies are racist, his statements are racist, and his actions going back decades are racist.

So guess what? He's a racist.
And, once again you state an opinion and then arrogantly assume that everyone must except it as a fact.

Question: Was Donald Trump a racist when he was friends with Hillary and Bill Clinton? Was he a racist when the Democratic Party happily took his campaign money?
DELIMAN092262 is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 09:55 AM   #64
biodieselman
 
biodieselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sweet, sweet taste of VICTORY!
Posts: 2,609
biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Deli presenting a strawman argument -- am I surprised?
Rubs eyes in total astonishment.

BM crying about others making strawman arguments????






Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Very few racists admit it -- but that's totally immaterial. His policies are racist, his statements are racist, and his actions going back decades are racist.

So guess what? He's a racist.
Can't say it enough...

please...

I beg you...

continue to show American voters how just how vile and hateful the DemoKKKrat Party's rhetoric of hate and division is.

Thanks for your diligent efforts aiding conservatives to 'Make America Great Again'.
__________________
"I haven't seen the Democrats this mad since we freed the slaves!" Rob Schneider on Trump's YUGE VICTORY
biodieselman is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 12:36 PM   #65
Rojodi
 
Rojodi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 4,803
Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Attacking two Native American tribes isn't being a racist?
__________________
"True evil is in viewing people as things, and not as people." Terry Pratchett
Rojodi is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 01:19 PM   #66
bigmac
 
bigmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood Coast
Posts: 10,365
bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIMAN092262 View Post

...

Question: Was Donald Trump a racist when he was friends with Hillary and Bill Clinton? Was he a racist when the Democratic Party happily took his campaign money?

Yes, Yes he was. Trump has a racist history going back to the 1970s.

The Democrats accepting money from rich assholes like Trump is one of the many reasons I was a Bernie supporter.

However, the fact that Hillary was a crappy candidate doesn't change the fact that Trump was, and is, orders of magnitude worse. Any comparison is a false equivalency (but we all know how much Deli likes those).
bigmac is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 04:02 PM   #67
biodieselman
 
biodieselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sweet, sweet taste of VICTORY!
Posts: 2,609
biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Yes, Yes he was. Trump has a racist history going back to the 1970s.

The Democrats accepting money from rich assholes like Trump is one of the many reasons I was a Bernie supporter.

However, the fact that Hillary was a crappy candidate doesn't change the fact that Trump was, and is, orders of magnitude worse. Any comparison is a false equivalency (but we all know how much Deli likes those).
Looking for racist?

Here, this will help.

__________________
"I haven't seen the Democrats this mad since we freed the slaves!" Rob Schneider on Trump's YUGE VICTORY
biodieselman is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 07:45 PM   #68
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado
 
tonynyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 9,639
tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodieselman View Post
Looking for racist?

Here, this will help.

Hey Bio.. more help for your Mirror ... .



__________________
Doughboy gets ripped :D

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 09:42 PM   #69
DELIMAN092262
 
DELIMAN092262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 10,876
DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Yes, Yes he was. Trump has a racist history going back to the 1970s.
Then by all means cite the quotes by liberals and Democrats where they denounced Donald Trump for being a racist and the Democratic Party for taking his money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
The Democrats accepting money from rich assholes like Trump is one of the many reasons I was a Bernie supporter.
Yet, Bernie Sanders was not a member of the Democratic Party because the party took money from Trump. (In fact, there is not record that he even cared one way or the other.) Sanders left the Democratic Party because he felt the party was not liberal enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
However, the fact that Hillary was a crappy candidate doesn't change the fact that Trump was, and is, orders of magnitude worse. Any comparison is a false equivalency (but we all know how much Deli likes those).
You always write about reality. The reality is more people living in the right states did not agree with you. Donald Trump won the 2016 presidential election and will be sworn in as our new president on January 20, 2017.

That is reality.
DELIMAN092262 is offline  
Old 11-20-2016, 09:54 PM   #70
DELIMAN092262
 
DELIMAN092262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 10,876
DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojodi View Post
Attacking two Native American tribes isn't being a racist?
If the two tribes in question were instead an Italian-American and a Polish-American community that Donald Trump was trying to prevent from opening casinos that would compete with his own. Would anyone claim it was do to racism?

Being a Native-American tribe does not mean you are exempt from competition. Further, to suggest otherwise could be considered racist.
DELIMAN092262 is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Patronage and Pierogi - by Madeline Maple (SSBBW, Romance, Imagery, ~XWG ) Madeline Maple Weight Fiction General Archives 30 01-19-2017 05:49 PM
KKK Grand Imperial Wizard Endorses Trump bigmac Hyde Park (Archive Only) 32 05-03-2016 02:48 PM
Bank of America to Charge $5 for Debit Card Usage KittyKitten Hyde Park (Archive Only) 39 11-05-2011 11:49 AM
Do you Make The Best Of What you Have? DdeelishUK Main Dimensions Board 26 04-25-2007 02:28 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.