Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 10-14-2016, 03:38 PM   #1
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default London Bookmakers Predict A Clinton Landslide Victory

"Sporting Index’s prediction of 327 electoral college votes for Clinton can be ‘bought’ or ‘sold’, with returns or losses calculated upon the result of November’s vote.

For example, if you bought at 327 and Hillary inflicted a Walter Mondale-style defeat upon Trump by winning 49 states and collected 525 electoral college votes, you would win 198 times your stake. In this scenario sellers at 327, however, would join Trump in losing heavily.

The prices have not changed dramatically as yet. That said, they certainly will frequently as we get closer to election day. British fixed-odds bookie Betway sees the race the same way as Sporting Index at the moment, offering odds as short as 1/7 that Clinton will be elected. Donald Trump’s price with the online bookmaker is currently 4/1 and drifting fast."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerait...firm-predicts/
Old 10-14-2016, 04:58 PM   #2
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Nate Silver is predicting a Clinton rout too.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ex_cid=rrpromo
Old 11-21-2016, 10:03 AM   #3
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Nate Silver is predicting a Clinton rout too.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ex_cid=rrpromo
Nate Silver took a serious hit to his record in the 2016 presidential race. The reason why he and so many of the other “experts” got it so wrong will lead to endless debates.

Perhaps former Democratic governor and DNC head Ed Rendel was right about “hidden” Donald Trump voters?
Old 11-21-2016, 10:50 AM   #4
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Looks like we all overestimated the American populace -- our bad.

We all thought America' racist nativist impulses had waned -- we were very very wrong.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:16 PM   #5
daedal

daedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot pics

Quote:

We all thought America' racist nativist impulses had waned -- we were very very wrong.
I think a very small number of people are truly enlightened, but for the vast majority of us it seems to be situational. Altruism and tolerance bloom in times of plenty and wither in times of want. I see the current Brexit / Trump isolationism and intolerance as a parallel to the 1930s where the great depression ushered in fascist dictatorships around the world. Widening income inequality and declining standards of living, then as now, bring out the worst in people.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:49 PM   #6
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

Actually, I think Ed Rendel was exactly right. The continuing protests over Donald Trump's election is just a sign of the intolerance of so many on the left. For example in my Deli, were were discussing Trump. At this point another customer entered the discussion. In a very loud voice they declared that anyone that would vote for Trump was stupid and other colorful expressions.

It it really surprising that people kept their opinions to themselves in the face of that level of intolerance?
Old 11-21-2016, 01:53 PM   #7
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

I see no problem being intolerant of intolerance. It's not hypocritical to stand up against it.

Here's another anecdote for you: A few weeks ago my wife and I were at an auto parts store to pick up some brake pads for my car. The old man at the counter was ranting angrily about how when Trump wins (this was before the election obvs) all of 'those damn queers' are going to have to 'go back in the closet where they belong'. The employee at the counter looked deeply uncomfortable but didn't say anything. My wife and I gave him some angry looks but he didn't notice us.

Were we intolerant because his views hurt us? Or was he intolerant because he wanted to cause harm to people who had nothing to do with him?

I'll give you a hint, there's only one right answer.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #8
bigmac

I always thought that "liberty and justice for all" meant that we all get to partake in the "pursuit of happiness".

But apparently I was wrong -- it now means that the most mean spirited and narrow minded are free to get off making life as miserable as possible for people who are not like them.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:19 PM   #9
bigmac

Liberal policies are open ended. Even racist assholes would get to use universal healthcare. Even neo-Nazis would get to go to college for free. ... Liberal policies seek to make America better for everyone.

In contrast Conservative policies seek to restrict access to the institutions and services that facilitate the "pursuit of happiness." Gay -- sorry no marriage for you. Smart but poor -- no college for you (should have done a better job choosing your parents). No money to access reproductive healthcare -- just keep your knees closed you slut. ... Conservative policies seek to make America better for only a few and miserable for everyone else.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:59 PM   #10
DELIMAN092262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leishycat View Post
I see no problem being intolerant of intolerance. It's not hypocritical to stand up against it.

Here's another anecdote for you: A few weeks ago my wife and I were at an auto parts store to pick up some brake pads for my car. The old man at the counter was ranting angrily about how when Trump wins (this was before the election obvs) all of 'those damn queers' are going to have to 'go back in the closet where they belong'. The employee at the counter looked deeply uncomfortable but didn't say anything. My wife and I gave him some angry looks but he didn't notice us.

Were we intolerant because his views hurt us? Or was he intolerant because he wanted to cause harm to people who had nothing to do with him?

I'll give you a hint, there's only one right answer.
But, that is exactly the point. The Deli customer's rant was a sign of their intolerance. Just as the rant by parts clerk was an example of his intolerance.

So getting back to Rendel's point. If a person said they were voting for Hillary Clinton because Donald Trump was a sexist, racist, etc … Most of the public would respect their right to their opinion. Which is very different from saying they shared the opinion.

Yet, if someone said they were voting for Trump; there are many people on the left that feel they must “correct” that support for Trump. These people would loudly and verbally tell them why they need to correct their opinion. Which is why Trump supporters would stay silent. The hidden voters that Rendel was making reference to.

In my opinion, many on the left confuse respect for another point of view with agreement with that point of view.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:28 PM   #11
DELIMAN092262

Quote:
I always thought that "liberty and justice for all" meant that we all get to partake in the "pursuit of happiness".

But apparently I was wrong -- it now means that the most mean spirited and narrow minded are free to get off making life as miserable as possible for people who are not like them.
More political bigotry. How many times have we heard this same sad pathetic song from liberals/Democrats? The only thing that mean spirited conservatives/Republicans want is dirty air, dirty water and grandma eating dog food from a can.
Quote:
Liberal policies are open ended. Even racist assholes would get to use universal healthcare. Even neo-Nazis would get to go to college for free. ... Liberal policies seek to make America better for everyone.
Except, conservatives can make the same exact claim. Conservative policies lead to a growing economy with more jobs and higher wages for everyone.
Quote:
In contrast Conservative policies seek to restrict access to the institutions and services that facilitate the "pursuit of happiness." Gay -- sorry no marriage for you. Smart but poor -- no college for you (should have done a better job choosing your parents). No money to access reproductive healthcare -- just keep your knees closed you slut. ... Conservative policies seek to make America better for only a few and miserable for everyone else.
So it was not liberals that wanted to restrict religious liberty? It is not liberals that want speech codes with “trigger warnings and safe spaces” at colleges and universities that restrict free speech? It is not liberals that don't think male students on college and university campuses don't deserve due process when they are accused of sexual misconduct? It is not some liberals that wish to restrict the Second Amendment right of private gun ownership?
Old 11-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #12
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

As someone that grew up in the south, it's been my experience that racism doesn't "change" but rather dies out. As in the older folks die and take their beliefs with them...whilst the younger generations are more accepting and willing.
Only "change" I ever saw in some of the older folks is that they just watched their mouths more in public....but how they feel/think doesn't stop.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Old 11-21-2016, 07:55 PM   #13
DELIMAN092262

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
As someone that grew up in the south, it's been my experience that racism doesn't "change" but rather dies out. As in the older folks die and take their beliefs with them...whilst the younger generations are more accepting and willing.
Only "change" I ever saw in some of the older folks is that they just watched their mouths more in public....but how they feel/think doesn't stop.
Exactly how did a thread about predictions on the outcome of the 2016 presidential race between two Caucasians become about race?

Could it be some just can't face the reality that Hillary Clinton lost the election to Donald Trump?