Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 01-06-2016, 11:13 PM   #26
biodieselman

biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Yeah, my wishes are not going to become reality.

Those also are my 2016 wishes.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:34 PM   #27
ALS

ALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodieselman View Post
Those also are my 2016 wishes.
Haha, fair enough.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:45 AM   #28
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIMAN092262 View Post
Except, stepping on my post is not in keeping with the spirit of original post. In fact, if you had claimed in your own “hopes” that everything was fine and Hillary Clinton would continue the policies of Obama; I would not have written anything.

Snark alert: Why did I know it would a liberal that could not honor the wishes of the OP?
Stepping on it? Though I may not have framed it that way, I was pointing out that -- party aside -- you already had part of what you wanted: the maximum politically possible effort (given the political status quo) against Daesh, and a better economy than the 2012 GOP Presidential candidate hoped for.

No doubt you think Donald Trump or Sen. Cruz (and/or your preferred GOP candidate if he/she is neither of the above) could do better on both fronts, and in accordance with the OP, I was not contesting that point.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:42 AM   #29
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
Stepping on it? Though I may not have framed it that way, I was pointing out that -- party aside -- you already had part of what you wanted: the maximum politically possible effort (given the political status quo) against Daesh, and a better economy than the 2012 GOP Presidential candidate hoped for.

Which is still a criticism of what I wrote. Which is still against the “unofficial” rules of this thread.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:13 PM   #30
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Seriously, Clever Bomb? You may as well have told the OP to "piss off" when you decided to start criticizing people's responses after he asked us not to do so. And now you have the audacity to try and justify your actions? Wow. Just wow.

I don't know why this surprises me. There is a very common mindset by some posters to turn EVERY SINGLE THREAD in to a snarkfest even if it is someone wishing other posters a happy and enjoyable holiday.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #31
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
Seriously, Clever Bomb? You may as well have told the OP to "piss off" when you decided to start criticizing people's responses after he asked us not to do so. And now you have the audacity to try and justify your actions? Wow. Just wow.

I don't know why this surprises me. There is a very common mindset by some posters to turn EVERY SINGLE THREAD in to a snarkfest even if it is someone wishing other posters a happy and enjoyable holiday.
Your opinion is noted.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:31 PM   #32
GoodDaySir

GoodDaySir has super-sized repGoodDaySir has super-sized repGoodDaySir has super-sized repGoodDaySir has super-sized repGoodDaySir has super-sized rep

Thanks a bunch, man.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:46 PM   #33
ALS

ALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post

Dude, this board's 'unofficial' name is 'Snarkfest.' We come here to talk about politics and to bash each other as much as we can do so without being banned.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #34
GoodDaySir

GoodDaySir has super-sized repGoodDaySir has super-sized repGoodDaySir has super-sized repGoodDaySir has super-sized repGoodDaySir has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Dude, this board's 'unofficial' name is 'Snarkfest.' We come here to talk about politics and to bash each other as much as we can do so without being banned.
Theres plenty of threads in which to do that. But the original poster asked that this thread be different.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:27 PM   #35
ALS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDaySir View Post
Theres plenty of threads in which to do that. But the original poster asked that this thread be different.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:04 AM   #36
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I knew that some wouldn't be able to resist, but I did hope that asking people to refrain from snarking at other's hopes would at least allow some positivity to briefly exist.

If nothing else, seeing who played along with my request, who didn't, and how those who didn't chose to go about their snarking makes for an interesting character study, IMO.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:12 AM   #37
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
It wasn't that long ago that it was possible to work your way through college. When I started at the University of Alberta in 1982 tuition for a full year was less than $850. The minimum wage was $3.25 and many jobs students got actually paid two or three times that amount (I made $8/hr with lots of overtime at a local gravel pit).

Its no longer even remotely possible to work your way through college these days. This needs to change. Lets roll back tuition at public schools.
A lot of the problem is a byproduct of the concentration of wealth in ever-fewer hands. In 1972 the book Who Owns America? pointed out that 90% of the country's wealth was in the hands of 20% of the population. When the book was reissued in 1992, that had changed to 10% of the population. A couple of years ago I read that the top 1% of Americans own 40% of the country's wealth, and the next 4% own 50%. Colleges and students alike -- not to mention the states that support the colleges -- are increasingly having to scramble for any slice of the ever-shrinking pie.

Even so, colleges are willfully wasteful of the money they've got. Every year Forbes publishes a ranking of the top colleges in America, based largely on the amenities available to students. Consequently, the University of Oklahoma bought a castle in Italy to house their study-abroad students, and the University of Missouri installed a tanning ledge in their swimming pool. Every department in every school I know of begs, borrows, and otherwise accumulates enough money to fly some professor from another campus across country, install him/her in a hotel, wine and dine him/her, and then pay a fee (anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars) for said academic to deliver a pointless and boring lecture that few students will attend. This is where that tuition money goes. But if they ceased to do it, they'd be ranked lower on the Forbes index, and fewer parents would be willing to send their children there.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Old 01-13-2016, 01:01 PM   #38
waldo

waldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDaySir View Post
Peace on Earth, baby.

I hope Rand Paul is elected POTUS this year. He will be the first Republican I have ever voted for, but I really believe in him.
Would be nice but no dice. Rand should have went with his heart and tried to help build up the Libertarian Party instead of working within the GOP framework.

In that light, I hope Gary Johnson (Libertarian and former Gov of NM with excellent track record there) wins POTUS.

I hope HRC is indicted for shenanigans regarding the donations to her 'charitible' Foundation and influence peddling while she was Sec. of State.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:13 AM   #39
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
I hope Bernie Sanders is the next POTUS.

I hope for less radicalization in US politics.

I hope Illinois gets it's collective shit together.
I'm 0 for 3. What a suck-ass year.