Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 04-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Color analysis...need help!

I may have started a thread on this years ago. I've been reviewing my color choices lately and have come to the conclusion that I still am confused about what season (Winter, Summer, Spring, Autumn) and which intensity I should be in when buying clothes and makeup. I've asked hubby several times over the years to the point that he has given up on helping me decide.

Here's my stats:

I've been called a Spring and a Summer.
I have natural golden and red highlights in my hair. I generally color my hair medium or dark golden blonde.

My skin is very fair. I have light tan freckles under my eyes and on my arms. I don't tan, I burn so I have to wear sunblock if I'm outside for more than 15 minutes.

I've never been able to nail down my exact eye color, but have been told that they are mostly blue. I have some yellow/gold around the pupil and the outer edge of the iris is kind of a steel blue.

I've received compliments on my appearance when wearing these colors: olive green, golden yellow, periwinkle (more purple than blue), rust.

My husband has often told me that navy blue makes me look old.

I do know I cannot wear white (makes my face look blotchy) nor black.
Some of these photos are a few years old. My hair was Medium Blonde in the pumpkin photo and the one with the blue top. The other two I had my hair colored Dark Golden Blonde.

Ella in cowboy hat, June 7 2008.JPG

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:54 AM   #2
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'd guess spring, but many people "flow" into neighboring seasonal color groups (in your case, summer). I posted a thread about this not too long ago, and included an interesting seasonal color theory site link that addresses the "flow" issue.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've never bothered to follow that season stuff when choosing makeup. I mostly go with whatever compliments my skin color (i.e. doesn't make me looked washed out or makes me look like a clown) and fits my mood. Like, as far as makeup, I know bright red colors don't look good on me. Purples and browns do. But red colored clothing actually compliments my skin. Sometimes tho, I feel like having a smokey eye and I'll just do that regardless of how it makes my skin look simply because I feel like it.

Would it be possible to get a free consultation from somewhere?
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ella, you and I have similar coloring (well except for the hair and eyes) and much of what you're saying applies to me as well except for some reason I DO look really good in navy--but then there are MANY shades of navy. Also I can wear black and white as well.

Now that I look at your pics, in fact you strongly resemble my beautiful mom!

I'd say you, like me, flow as Tania said upthread.

I wear what I know looks good on me but if you go to a Prescriptives counter at any large department store they will, for free, do your skin tone color (mine is pale yellow gold) which will at least determine if you are a pink, neutral or yellow which IMO is a lot easier to work with and remember than the seasons thing.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks for your input ladies! Tania, I've taken the self analysis quiz on one of the "flow" color theory sites and the answers I gave put me in the Soft Autumn category. I've also read the "Color Me Beautiful" book and found that I may be what she calls a Pastel Autumn (which means I can wear some Spring colors and need to wear the softer/muted shades in the Autumn palette).

Casting Pearls - Aww, thanks for saying I resemble your beautiful Mom.

I'll look for the thread on color flow theory, Tania.

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Old 04-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Decide for yourself........

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.

Last edited by CastingPearls; 01-06-2013 at 09:35 PM.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Oh, Wow! We do resemble a lot. I even have a top that is very similar to the one she's wearing in that picture. I love animal prints!

Tania, I found the thread you mentioned. I did, in fact, take the quiz on the Chic Fashionista website. As I stated, it placed me in the Soft Autumn category.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

I've been "googling" sites that explain color theory and specifically the 12 season color analysis. I found a very good site that goes in depth on color theory and talks about the different color analysis methods. The lady that runs this site is in Ontario, Canada. From her site, I was able to find a few sites on Facebook and I posted on her site. I asked if there were any Color Analyst that use the Sci/Art method (which appeals to me because this method seems more precise and in depth). There are two color analyst that are certified/trained in this method in Texas - one is in San Antonio and the other is in Houston. I hope to be able to get an appointment with the one in Houston for October (when I have a week vacation scheduled). If anyone is interested in learning more about Color Theory, I'd suggest this site.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:33 AM   #9
Christine_M

Christine_M has said some nice things

Are there any other quizzes similar to the chic fashionista one? I'd like to do some others just for comparison....

"Beauty is truth's smile
when she beholds her on face
in a perfect mirror."
- Rabindranath Tagore

"People will stare. Make it worth their while."
- Harry Winstone

"Imperfection is beauty,
madness is genius
and it's better to be absolutely
ridiculous than
absolutely boring."
- Marilyn Monroe

It's your time to shine!
Christine_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 10:31 PM   #10
ditzygirl

ditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Honey when you find the answers let us know LOLOL.
All I know is fall you go with earth tones.
ditzygirl is offline   Reply With Quote