Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #1
Magpie
girly face

Magpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMagpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMagpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default We're fucked

Trump won the election. Speaking as a transgender lesbian, we're fucked.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:21 PM   #2
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

My country -- particularly my fellow straight guys have really disappointed. I don't know what else to say.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:09 PM   #3
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Trump won the election. Speaking as a transgender lesbian, we're fucked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
My country -- particularly my fellow straight guys have really disappointed. I don't know what else to say.
Well I am very skeptical as to what we wind up with and who knows what Trump will show up. Of course the danger is in the type of appointments that are made...

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 11-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #4
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My fiancÚ and I are considering to move to Canada
Old 11-13-2016, 11:48 AM   #5
AmandaLynn
cake, lots & lots of cake

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Certainly not what I expected.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:23 AM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Well I am very skeptical as to what we wind up with and who knows what Trump will show up. Of course the danger is in the type of appointments that are made...
That is my feelings ^^^^^ I doubt Trump truly cares about these issues (which I grant you, is already a bad thing). But he is going to be leaning heavily on others for policy, I suspect, and I worry about who he will appoint.

I'm not clear, though, how much of these matters in the US are up to the individual states, and how much influence the federal government has? (although Trump stacking the supreme court with conservatives could hurt states abilities to keep certain laws in place, in the long run, I'd imagine?).

Anyone got a pointer to a primer for non-Americans on just what he can do?

Although his campaign and victory seems to have given swagger to the bullies and trolls, which I admit is a problem even if not a single law changes.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #7
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
That is my feelings ^^^^^ I doubt Trump truly cares about these issues (which I grant you, is already a bad thing). But he is going to be leaning heavily on others for policy, I suspect, and I worry about who he will appoint.

I'm not clear, though, how much of these matters in the US are up to the individual states, and how much influence the federal government has? (although Trump stacking the supreme court with conservatives could hurt states abilities to keep certain laws in place, in the long run, I'd imagine?).

Anyone got a pointer to a primer for non-Americans on just what he can do?

Although his campaign and victory seems to have given swagger to the bullies and trolls, which I admit is a problem even if not a single law changes.
It gives legitimacy to a certain group of folks that are not very tolerant to put it mildly...

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 11-16-2016, 08:08 PM   #8
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default A little bit of light on the We're Fu$%#@!

Wanted to share a letter I received today. Pittsburgh and Southwestern Pennsylvania is very lucky to be one of the highest philanthropic regions of the country. We are also very lucky to have the Heinz Endowment, an organization that awards lots of money for many GREAT projects in our region. Nonprofit organizations in the region(like many people) are concerned with the outcome of the election.

My favorite part of the letter: Simply that: we must genuinely hear the truths and tell the stories the privileged cannot or will not hear. That is our sacred civic responsibility. In a culture that seems to be losing the capacity to care about those who are different from ourselves, we must determine to be a force to bridge that divide and nurture the mutuality of purpose that feels so absent in a time of resurgent racism, misogyny, hate crimes and fear.

Here is Mr. Grant Oliphant complete letter:
http://www.heinz.org/Interior.aspx?id=480&post=38
Old 12-01-2016, 04:15 AM   #9
Am Jim

Am Jim has super-sized repAm Jim has super-sized repAm Jim has super-sized repAm Jim has super-sized rep

This thread should be kept current with negative things that have happened to people because of trump.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #10
BBW MeganLynn44DD

BBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging in

Honestly,what do you really think Mr.Trump will do?Very narrowed minded thinking,the man won and the people spoke.As President Obama was given a chance so should President-elect Trump.Anyone that wants to leave we don't need here and isn't a true American.He has not even taken office and people and the biased media have him as an evil dictator.Give him a chance.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:12 AM   #11
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Honestly, I haven't the slightest idea. Maybe he was lying to everyone all along and he's actually some kind of moderate. So far I haven't seen too much evidence of that, and his choice of VP and advisors suggest otherwise, but who knows? We could get lucky.

And not everyone has the option to leave, even just to relocate to a more tolerant state. Some will need to lower their profile, others will stand and fight. This is not new, but it's a setback on a scale that the younger generation hasn't experienced.

We're a much more tolerant nation than we were back in the 1980s, despite the resurgence of the haters. This isn't to minimize the impact of what happened, and what will happen -- real people will be hurt, and real people will die avoidable deaths. But the battlefield of popular opinion is far more favorable now than it was back then.

It's significant that the president-elect lost the popular vote by two and a half million votes, the largest such margin in history. That's not just small consolation, it's a demonstration that despite the electoral structure, America is still the nation we thought it was.

Maybe this belongs in the political forum we don't have here right now and may not get back, but I thought it needed to be said.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:25 PM   #12
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
Honestly, I haven't the slightest idea. Maybe he was lying to everyone all along and he's actually some kind of moderate. So far I haven't seen too much evidence of that, and his choice of VP and advisors suggest otherwise, but who knows? We could get lucky.

And not everyone has the option to leave, even just to relocate to a more tolerant state. Some will need to lower their profile, others will stand and fight. This is not new, but it's a setback on a scale that the younger generation hasn't experienced.

We're a much more tolerant nation than we were back in the 1980s, despite the resurgence of the haters. This isn't to minimize the impact of what happened, and what will happen -- real people will be hurt, and real people will die avoidable deaths. But the battlefield of popular opinion is far more favorable now than it was back then.

It's significant that the president-elect lost the popular vote by two and a half million votes, the largest such margin in history. That's not just small consolation, it's a demonstration that despite the electoral structure, America is still the nation we thought it was.

Maybe this belongs in the political forum we don't have here right now and may not get back, but I thought it needed to be said.
But... Are we much more tolerant. There have been newspaper accounts in our local about Women , and Women wearing Hajibs that have been harassed by racist characters yelling "trump" ... The level of intolerance is of concern

Old 12-05-2016, 03:43 PM   #13
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
But... Are we much more tolerant. There have been newspaper accounts in our local about Women , and Women wearing Hajibs that have been harassed by racist characters yelling "trump" ... The level of intolerance is of concern
Hmmm, more tolerant in the sense that many people would expect that these people would be able to go about their business without being bothered, rather than being at a point where most people would say "Well of course they should be able to live their lives peacefully, but they should have known that going _there_ at _that time_ was bound to cause problems...."

I hope we don't go back to that point of expecting discrimination as the norm
Old 12-05-2016, 03:59 PM   #14
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Hmmm, more tolerant in the sense that many people would expect that these people would be able to go about their business without being bothered, rather than being at a point where most people would say "Well of course they should be able to live their lives peacefully, but they should have known that going _there_ at _that time_ was bound to cause problems...."

I hope we don't go back to that point of expecting discrimination as the norm
You would think.. But sadly , this often is not the case (and I live in Blue State)..There was one story that one of the ladies wearing the Hajib is a decorated off-duty NYC Police Officer and the offending individual, who harassed her, was apprehended and arrested...

The current political climate has now made it acceptable to go after people

Old 12-08-2016, 08:13 AM   #15
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Thank you, Diana

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaSSBBW View Post
Wanted to share a letter I received today. Pittsburgh and Southwestern Pennsylvania is very lucky to be one of the highest philanthropic regions of the country. We are also very lucky to have the Heinz Endowment, an organization that awards lots of money for many GREAT projects in our region. Nonprofit organizations in the region(like many people) are concerned with the outcome of the election.

My favorite part of the letter: Simply that: we must genuinely hear the truths and tell the stories the privileged cannot or will not hear. That is our sacred civic responsibility. In a culture that seems to be losing the capacity to care about those who are different from ourselves, we must determine to be a force to bridge that divide and nurture the mutuality of purpose that feels so absent in a time of resurgent racism, misogyny, hate crimes and fear.

Here is Mr. Grant Oliphant complete letter:
http://www.heinz.org/Interior.aspx?id=480&post=38
Thank you, Diana -

I'm a bit surprised at the source, but the content is wonderful. I intend to forward it to friends and organizations of similar outlook - and some whose outlook is not so similar.

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Old 12-15-2016, 08:38 PM   #16
BBW MeganLynn44DD

BBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging in

I firmly believe Mr.Trump's ego will not let him fail.We are not talking about a "politician"here.He is a businesss man,maybe that is what we need.As a woman,I can't understand how anyone could have trusted Hillary.She's a liar and furthermore stood by her husband when he chose to be unfaithful to her.Mr.Trump deserves a chance,not even in office yet and being vilified.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:08 PM   #17
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I firmly believe that Mr. Trump's ego will cause him to fail, and he'll do a lot of damage to the rest of us in the process through sheer vindictiveness. As to the rest... you've got it exactly backwards, but I also think you're beyond persuasion on that. And at this point, Sec. Clinton is irrelevant to this discussion.

Last edited by CleverBomb; 12-15-2016 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Trying to keep the election out of it.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:12 AM   #18
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Okay, I'm locking this now as it has deviated into general politics talk.

Remember folks, the GLBTQ board is for GLBTQ issues only.
Closed Thread