'Class I obese' (30-34 bmi) 15 16.67%
'Class II obese' (35-39 bmi) 28 31.11%
'Class III obese' (aka morbidly obese) (40-49 bmi) 23 25.56%
'Class IV obese' (aka hyper-obese) (50-59 bmi) 16 17.78%
Bigger than that (bmi 60+) 36 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #26
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
An interesting phenomenon is that what I consider an ideal size increased until I was in my late 30s and has been decreasing since. Right now, all other things being equal -- which of course they never are, I'd say I'd prefer a tall but not particularly large BBW. Say 5'9 to 6'0'' and about 200 to 240 pounds.

The real world doesn't really care about ideal anything. My new GF is 5'7" and about 330 pounds.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:20 AM   #27
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I really don't think there is an ideal size.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:15 AM   #28
AmandaLynn
cake, lots & lots of cake

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I just calculated my BMI, 41.1, whoa!
Old 11-30-2016, 10:55 AM   #29
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

BMI is BS.

I don't have an ideal size. My only limit is "not skinny."
Old 11-30-2016, 11:23 AM   #30
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Well, BMI gives a more accurate gauge than weight on its own, but I do admit that this is a bit like saying a weather report giving you temperature and pressure gives you a better idea of the weather than just temperature -- you are still not getting all the information that you'd want to really understand.

Unfortunately height and weight are easy to measure, and BMI was chosen to be easy to calculate (even if all along people realized that we don't actually scale at square of height -- ease of calculation was chosen over accuracy). More informative measurements about body composition tend to be harder to get, so not generally available

In other words, for things like setting up size classifications, I don't see other accessible alternatives at the moment. I'll agree that classifications can create problems, can be misleading, and are always arbitrary, but at the same time there can be information gathered from them.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:32 PM   #31
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't really see any value to BMI as it factors only height and weight and ignores other factors such as muscle mass, bone density, organ tissue, etc. It also has a somewhat arbitrary classification system. What makes a 25 overweight and a 24.9 normal? My BMI (171, 5'7") is 26.8 which puts me solidly iverweight. If everyone in Dims met and I tried to tell everyone I was overweight you'd all laugh at me!
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:54 PM   #32
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

All I was saying was that overall "BMI 26.8" says more than just "171 pounds" does.

What easily measurable/calculatable value would you rather use than BMI?
Old 11-30-2016, 07:41 PM   #33
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaLynn View Post
I just calculated my BMI, 41.1, whoa!
Mine says 43.9
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:06 PM   #34
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
All I was saying was that overall "BMI 26.8" says more than just "171 pounds" does.

What easily measurable/calculatable value would you rather use than BMI?
But there are a lot of H/W combinations that can get you to a 26.8 or any other BMI for that matter. I'm not sure there is one-stop shop metric, nor do I really believe there's a need for one. With that said, I believe height, weight, and BFP can really give someone an idea of what kind of shape someone is in. Far more so than BMI.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:36 AM   #35
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

BMI is the easiest method.

I am sure there is a different name for this but I think the most accurate is considered to be a density test. They take your weight. Then you sit in a tank with water up to your neck. They measure how much the water rises once you are in the tank. I think this is really only done on professional athletes, to help monitor optimal nutrition for the athlete. It’s rare.

I gave up on any faith in BMI when I was about 22. I went to see my doctor for my yearly physical. I don’t remember my exact weight at the time, probably around 170-180. A week early I used the caliper test (involving pinching and measuring certain fatty areas of the body), which said I had 6% body fat. I had a six pack, that was clearly visible even when sitting down and not flexing my stomach muscles. I am sitting in the room without a shirt on. My doctor doesn’t really look at me and is just staring at my chart. After a bit of silence, he says to me, “did you know that you are clinically obese?” So, after a pause, I asked him, “How much weight do you think I should lose?” Still not looking at me, he said, “I think you will be okay as long as you don’t gain any more weight.” I was severely controlling my dietary intake, to the point where I was always hungry. I think the easiest way I would have lost weight then would have been to stop weightlifting. I think it would have really been unsafe for me to have lost more body fat at that point.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:50 AM   #36
socrates74

socrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessocrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Smile Ideal size.

In the attraction phase of a relationship, size 18 is kind of the minimum *. Size 34/36 is kinda the max where she can get an off the rack swimsuit at a non specialty retailer. I kinda like to occasionally** wrestle and feel the weight of a woman. So her and my maneuverability matters. A larger woman is always going to get hotter (body temperature) wise than I am. So, that seems to be the managable range for living together.

* generality, woman vary and have other nonBbw attributes. If she loses or gains later that's *her*
** I would do it every day but thats not real life.
socrates74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #37
lewrs

lewrs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslewrs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

It's really complicated because for me it isn't such a number as much as it is shape, looks and such. TBH I can find most big girls attractive if she has a BMI of ~35 or greater. Ideally I would want a girl that is big enough that I find attractive that also is happy with their weight so +250 ibs is what I go for usually with the intention of getting it closer to 250ish.
lewrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:47 AM   #38
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed
Default Had to use an online BMI calculator to do the conversion...

Honestly, it varies, but if what I'm seeing in these BMI charts is accurate, I don't usually see girls of less than 40 who give me that sense of serene beauty that a larger woman has.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote