Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 02-03-2017, 07:53 AM   #1
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Followup appointments with cardiologist and neurologist.

I had my first followup appointments after having the cardiac monitor implanted. Everything seems to be stable. They haven't detected anything abnormal with my heart, so no evidence of Afib yet. Heart rate is fine, increasing my activity level brought my blood pressure back up a bit too. I'd been having trouble with hypotension causing lightheadedness when standing up, but it's rarely an issue now.

The physical effects of the stroke are minimal. I've only got minor weakness on my affected side. Mainly if I walk too long at a stretch, I start dragging my left foot a bit. I can do stairs one step at a time. I've got less hand strength in my left hand, but I'm right handed, so it's not really noticeable in my daily life. The mental effects are a little bit more serious. I have a lot of neurofatigue. Anything that requires concentration wears me out badly. And I'm hypersensitive to light and sound. That may improve in time, no way to predict though. My reflexes are normal and my cognitive function doesn't seem to have suffered any. Just random fleeting bits of mental fog now and then.

I can drive again, but advised to use caution at night (I'm especially sensitive to bright lights in the dark). I can resume normal physical activity, they just don't want me lifting heavy things because of blood pressure fluctuations that could make me dizzy. Pretty much just be cautious. I can work part time at a low stress job for now. But I'm working on ways to earn some money at home, to be able to get around the fatigue.

All in all, I'm doing well. Finally coming to terms with the fact that I've had a brain injury and there is permanent damage. Instead of being in freak out and denial mode, I'm putting energy into thinking about how to move forward with the limitations I now have.

So, unless anything changes, I'm good for another 3 months.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:35 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Glad things are being stable and you are adapting. Nobody ever wants to have to adapt to something like that, but it sounds like you are doing well, given the situation.