Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #26
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
FWIW, amongst STEM fields, my experience is a higher percentage of fat guys among computer programmers than among engineers or mathies. Not generally around enough of the scientists to draw comparisons.
In the chem/biochem/mol bio fields, the guys are usually emaciated. Not even just "skinny"......emaciated. That's been my experience as both a student and a teacher.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:34 PM   #27
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

In engineering I found not a lot of extremes (although probably also shorter than the population overall, on average). Some chubby guys, and later in their careers some get fatter, but overall engineers seem to tend towards moderation in their habits, maybe? (could be observer bias)
Old 03-15-2017, 10:45 AM   #28
AmandaLynn
cake, lots & lots of cake

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
In engineering I found not a lot of extremes (although probably also shorter than the population overall, on average). Some chubby guys, and later in their careers some get fatter, but overall engineers seem to tend towards moderation in their habits, maybe? (could be observer bias)
Moderation you say? *poke*
Old 03-23-2017, 03:35 PM   #29
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
FWIW, amongst STEM fields, my experience is a higher percentage of fat guys among computer programmers than among engineers or mathies. Not generally around enough of the scientists to draw comparisons.
I'd second that. Engineers and scientists include a lot of guys who apply the scientific method of improvement to themselves, with results that wouldn't please an FFA. Only in the programming field are there many guys of generous girth.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:29 PM   #30
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
I'd second that. Engineers and scientists include a lot of guys who apply the scientific method of improvement to themselves, with results that wouldn't please an FFA. Only in the programming field are there many guys of generous girth.
And a lot of us who work in labs get stuck in the whole "I was running this experiment and forgot to go home/eat/sleep for a few days" thing. We're also dirt poor and can't afford food.... :/
Old 03-24-2017, 01:57 PM   #31
AmandaLynn
cake, lots & lots of cake

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
And a lot of us who work in labs get stuck in the whole "I was running this experiment and forgot to go home/eat/sleep for a few days" thing. We're also dirt poor and can't afford food.... :/
That sounds tragic
Old 03-25-2017, 06:38 PM   #32
Ffancy

Ffancy has said some nice things

I drooled over a lot of hot fatties at RibFest last year, who were all pigging out and licking bbq sauce off their plump fingers. A++ would attend again!
Ffancy is offline   Reply With Quote