Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-13-2017, 07:01 AM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default DXL coming to Canada

I read in the paper this morning (yes, I'm so old that I still reading the morning paper) that 'DXL' (american 'big and tall' menswear retailer) is coming to Canada, with the first two stores opening in the GTA (I think it was Ajax and Mississauga, but might have bargled that in my memory).

For better or worse they are apparently going to be particularly emphasizing the lower end of their collection (waists 40 - 46"). This at the same time as the parent company of the main Canadian big and tall retailer is going through creditor protection/restructuring.

I don't recall if they said when those first two stores would be opening, but for those of you in the GTA area, maybe something to keep an eye out for, in terms of options.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:01 AM   #2
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I read in the paper this morning (yes, I'm so old that I still reading the morning paper) that 'DXL' (american 'big and tall' menswear retailer) is coming to Canada, with the first two stores opening in the GTA (I think it was Ajax and Mississauga, but might have bargled that in my memory).

For better or worse they are apparently going to be particularly emphasizing the lower end of their collection (waists 40 - 46"). This at the same time as the parent company of the main Canadian big and tall retailer is going through creditor protection/restructuring.

I don't recall if they said when those first two stores would be opening, but for those of you in the GTA area, maybe something to keep an eye out for, in terms of options.
God damn it retailers!! EDMONTON! COME TO EDMONTON!

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:15 AM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I know, it seems to take retailers forever to leave the GTA. Torrid (women's plus sizes store) started opening in the GTA like two years ago or something, and still haven't gotten farther west than Kitchener or farther east than Oshawa (aka, all their stores are within 90 minutes of each other). We visited one while down in Toronto last Summer, and wife has been waiting impatiently for them to make it to Ottawa or even Montreal ...

Hopefully DXL will expand more aggressively than that!
Old 03-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #4
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

DXL sucks. I never shop there. Their clothes are ugly and ridiculously expensive.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:55 PM   #5
bigwideland

bigwideland can now change their title

You should try getting 10 xl stuff in Australia then you will know expensive, my last jean at 182 cm waist the biggest available in Australia cost me 100 bucks for one pair.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:51 AM   #6
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

If you are tall and need 36" inseam or sleeves, their offerings stop at 34" (at least in the stores in the Dallas, TX area). They didn't stock what was available on their website.
HereticFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:29 AM   #7
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

DXL also doesn't go above a 68" waist or above (typically) 6xl or 7xl, so I have to shop elsewhere.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:25 AM   #8
Pitchfork

Pitchfork has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
DXL sucks. I never shop there. Their clothes are ugly and ridiculously expensive.
Yeah, I wouldn't call it the most stylish stuff in town either. Only game in town though where I live alas. And yes, expensive!
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #9
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchfork View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't call it the most stylish stuff in town either. Only game in town though where I live alas. And yes, expensive!

I've bought a lot of stuff online from these guys.

http://www.kingsizedirect.com/

Much much better prices.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #10
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Much much better prices.
I shop at king-size exclusively because they have my sizes but DXL has better quality clothes.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:45 AM   #11
Tad
mostly harmless

All I'm saying is that it is about time that the one chain up here got some competition. The don't even have to be great, just break the near monopoly and make George Richardson earn their customers' business a bit more.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:09 PM   #12
Pitchfork

Pitchfork has said some nice things

Quote:

Much much better prices.
I think I've gotten flyers from them in the mail before. I'll have to check them out!
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote