Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 06-17-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
ScouseFA

ScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Celebrity fatties

So my fellow F/FAs, what plus size celebrities do you like?

I mean I'm sure we've all got at least one, I'll start with mine, Nigella Lawson, Kirstie Allsopp, Jenny Ryan and Beth Ditto.
ScouseFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:10 AM   #2
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseFA View Post

I mean I'm sure we've all got at least one, I'll start with mine, Nigella Lawson, Kirstie Allsopp, Jenny Ryan and Beth Ditto.
You consider Nigella Lawson plus-size? Has she gained weight recently?
biggirlluvher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:13 AM   #3
ScouseFA

ScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this board

The last time I saw her on TV she was pretty big. I think she puts a lot on her boobs though.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:21 AM   #4
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I've always thought she's very attractive. I'm weak for brunettes, she cooks and speaks with a British accent. Perfect storm. I surrender However, I never considered Nigella to be plus-size. She isn't model thin. She's curvaceous but not as voluptuous as a Christina Hendricks. She doesn't need to buy plus-size clothes.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #5
ScouseFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggirlluvher View Post
I've always thought she's very attractive. I'm weak for brunettes, she cooks and speaks with a British accent. Perfect storm. I surrender However, I never considered Nigella to be plus-size. She isn't model thin. She's curvaceous but not as voluptuous as a Christina Hendricks. She doesn't need to buy plus-size clothes.
She's definitely bigger than Christina, tbh I get that she's not the biggest woman, but based on UK TV average dress sizes she comes across as bigger than she is.

Anyway, enough arguing about whether Nigella is or is not plus size, who do you all like?
Old 06-19-2017, 04:47 AM   #6
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm very partial to Tess Holliday. My wife showed me a picture of her eating a corn dog. I never aspired to be a corn dog but in that moment if could've been anything I know what I would have picked!
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #7
ScouseFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
I'm very partial to Tess Holliday. My wife showed me a picture of her eating a corn dog. I never aspired to be a corn dog but in that moment if could've been anything I know what I would have picked!
I've never heard of her before but wow, that's some figure.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:22 PM   #8
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseFA View Post

I don't really follow real-world celebrities anymore. It got too hard, because almost every time I would see a woman who actually looked great (by my estimation) on TV, she'd turn out to be either wearing a fat suit, or would lose weight within months. Real people; especially celebrities, will put their careers before me, and they should. There's no reason for them to stay fat if it's not what they want to be. It just means I can't rely on them as an inspiration anymore.

Sadly, even in other well-known forms of media, female characters usually won't be fat, or won't stay fat for more than one episode, but I've developed a bit of a liking for Inko Midoriya, from My Hero Academia. I think she's very cute, after the first episode. There are also isolated photographs that I've found online; usually just normal stuff, where someone will be casually looking into a camera with a friendly smile, and it'll really hit me in the heart. I've got one, right now, of a girl leaning across from what looks like the passenger's side seat of a minivan, with her much-thinner friend only halfway in the picture, and yes, the girl is big, but it's more than that. Her whole look and expression just called out to me, and I've been referring to that picture for writing inspiration since then.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:22 PM   #9
biggirlluvher

I just discovered that Chrissy Metz has worn a fat suit on AHS & This Is Us.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:23 AM   #10
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I just discovered that Chrissy Metz has worn a fat suit on AHS & This Is Us.
Really? Doesn't seem very likely to me.

If you look at other media appearances of her - or red carpet events - she's just the same size and shape as in "This is Us".
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:33 AM   #11
biggirlluvher

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Really? Doesn't seem very likely to me.

If you look at other media appearances of her - or red carpet events - she's just the same size and shape as in "This is Us".
I remember seeing her for the first time as a bbw contestant on a mock Bachelor like reality show on a show called "Huge". When I saw her on "This Is Us", I got curious and Googled her interview videos on YouTube. She said she used one to play the circus fat lady. Apparently even the actor playing her bhm love interest isn't as big in real life and is wearing a fat suit on "This Is Us" too.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:31 AM   #12
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

You are correct that Chrissy Metz's love interest on "This is Us" - Toby played by Chris Sullivan - wears a fat suit for his role.

But as far as Chrissy Metz goes, I think you're imagining something.

These are reports from some recent real-life events she attended:

http://people.com/tv/this-is-us-chri...cture-perfect/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...boyfriend.html

http://www.revelist.com/body-positiv...ne-doe-latex/1

Why should she wear a fat suit to an event where she is invited as a person, not as a fictional character???
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:16 AM   #13
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
Tess had a great shot at being a plus size/size acceptance icon. Unfortunately she has made some mistakes that have removed her from that chance. From not sending out paid for "eff your beauty standards" t-shirts which cost $40 and not actually giving to charity or eventually barely giving to charity, to racist comments.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:53 AM   #14
biggirlluvher

Quote:
You are correct that Chrissy Metz's love interest on "This is Us" - Toby played by Chris Sullivan - wears a fat suit for his role.
But as far as Chrissy Metz goes, I think you're imagining.
I think I'm wrong about her wearing the fat suit on This Is Us. Last I heard, her character is supposed to actually lose weight in the next season.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:59 AM   #15
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I think I'm wrong about her wearing the fat suit on This Is Us. Last I heard, her character is supposed to actually lose weight in the next season.
I think I heard in real life she just had bariatric surgery. I might be wrong, I never watched the show.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #16
biggirlluvher

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
I think I heard in real life she just had bariatric surgery. I might be wrong, I never watched the show.
She's the main reason I watch the show. I would watch any drama with a near ssbbw in it.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #17
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Never heard of any of those people LOLOL
I don't watch TV so I'm sure thats why.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:28 AM   #18
Curve Connoisseur

Curve Connoisseur has said some nice things

I love Whitney Thore on my big fat fabulous life.
Curve Connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:28 AM   #19
fuelingfire

Whitney Thore gave a great TED Talk on size acceptance, which is how I originally heard of her. She seemed very professional. I haven't seen My Big Fat Fabulous Life, but have heard it shows her life as more of a train wreck, which is sad. I do love her positivity on social media.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:26 PM   #20
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:

But as far as Chrissy Metz goes, I think you're imagining something.

These are reports from some recent real-life events she attended:

http://people.com/tv/this-is-us-chri...cture-perfect/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...boyfriend.html

http://www.revelist.com/body-positiv...ne-doe-latex/1

Why should she wear a fat suit to an event where she is invited as a person, not as a fictional character???
The one thing about most real life fat celebrities, which makes me not even want to think about them, is that more than half the time, if you try to google their names, the first thing that comes up is some story containing the words "weight loss," and reading those words is just not my idea of fun. That's been the case with Chrissy Metz, though I like most of the pictures of her that I've seen. She's very pretty in those pictures, though I honestly know nothing about what's happened with her more recently, and I don't think I want to know.

I hope none of you take this the wrong way, but what I need from others right now is inspiration, and it's not fair of me to ask a real person to make that kind of sacrifice if they don't want to. That's why I don't follow celebrities.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #21
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging in

I watched This is Us.... binge watched it actually. I am totally floored that the boyfriend was wearing a fat suit. He did it well, that is for sure. I am very dissapointed in the interview that he did stating that the fat suit allowed for the story to change and show him at a different weight. Yeah.. losing weight is oh so easy that we just drop hundreds of pounds and the gain hundreds of pounds at a whim. I think him in a fat suit is like using able bodied actors to play the differently abled, or back in the day when only white actors were used to play a variety of ethnicies.

I had one Aunt tell me that watching that show really helped her undstand me a whole lot better. I am still confused about that one. The parents on that show and the siblings are all very supportive of the fat girl. The dad protected her when the other kids made fun of her..... yeah.. no that did not happen to me. I didn't correct her, not my place, most people just don't get it. I love that the character is there but damn, she has not gone through what a lot of us have gone through.
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:09 PM   #22
waldo

waldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
Tess had a great shot at being a plus size/size acceptance icon. Unfortunately she has made some mistakes that have removed her from that chance. From not sending out paid for "eff your beauty standards" t-shirts which cost $40 and not actually giving to charity or eventually barely giving to charity, to racist comments.
As time has gone on, Tess Holiday has become quite a loathsome person with a very militant intersectionalist feminist bent.

She recently tore into some bloke who made a viral post on Instagram about how happy he was with his moderately plus size wife and encouraging men who like bigger women and the women themselves to seek out one another. She slapped him down as 'patting himself on the back' for admitting to being attracted to fat chicks. This is the kind of garbage that has continually derailed acceptance of FAs in society. We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. I guess we just need to all go around telling everyone we love and are attracted to our wife/girlfriend only for her great personality.

Link to article:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...urvy-wife.html
Old 08-07-2017, 04:28 AM   #23
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
As time has gone on, Tess Holiday has become quite a loathsome person with a very militant intersectionalist feminist bent.
Yeah, unfortunately, she is completely vile. Honestly, with all the crap she has pulled and things she has said and done, it makes me sick to see articles about her.

It's a shame because a big, pretty woman getting lots of media attention could have been very good for the fat acceptance movement.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:08 AM   #24
fuelingfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo View Post

She recently tore into some bloke who made a viral post on Instagram about how happy he was with his moderately plus size wife and encouraging men who like bigger women and the women themselves to seek out one another. She slapped him down as 'patting himself on the back' for admitting to being attracted to fat chicks. This is the kind of garbage that has continually derailed acceptance of FAs in society. We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. I guess we just need to all go around telling everyone we love and are attracted to our wife/girlfriend only for her great personality.

Link to article:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...urvy-wife.html
I didn't read what Tess said there. But I did read previously what that guy said. His wife is not plus size! That is a normal size. I understand what he means. But at once you see what size she is, it's almost passive-aggressive. I am a bit appalled by the attention his post is receiving as many news outlets are covering it.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:18 AM   #25
fuelingfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Yeah, unfortunately, she is completely vile. Honestly, with all the crap she has pulled and things she has said and done, it makes me sick to see articles about her.

It's a shame because a big, pretty woman getting lots of media attention could have been very good for the fat acceptance movement.
I 100% agree! I follow a lot of fat acceptance/size acceptance, and anything related on social media. She is mentioned far more than anyone else, which is annoying. After her probably Ashley Graham who is just barely plus size.