Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 12-10-2010, 05:08 AM   #151
FAjastone

FAjastone has said some nice things

When I first figured out my preference for bbw's, I was kind of ashamed. I mean, everything around me screamed skinny= sexy, so I didn't say anything about it to anyone. It took until my junior year of high school to tell my parents, and they are, well their not supportive, but their not unsupportive if that makes any sense. My sister still gives me crap about being a "chubby chaser" though, I used to let it get under my skin, but I am not ashamed of being an FA any more. I don't tell everyone I meet, but if someone asks, I explain it.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:01 AM   #152
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just sorta came out to my mom the other day. I mean, she probably figured it out once I brought home a supersized partner, but it eventually came up in a conversation and whatever point I was trying to make was too interesting for it to remain unsaid.

Of course I didn't go into the details too much, or any of the weight-gain or really supersize aspects of it, but overall she actually loves the idea of it since she hates the whole "size zero worship" crap and such. Told her though that guys like me are sometimes just like all the others, just with a different bullshit standard.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #153
Make_Lunch_Not_War
Ken

Location: New Jersey, home of mosquitoes & underachieving NHL teams
Make_Lunch_Not_War can now change their title

It's funny but I never felt I had to "come out" with my preference for fat women. I'm assuming that the reason for this lies mostly with the fact that I've always been fat myself.

However, once I became a "mature adult" (which didn't happen until my mid-20s), I could care less what other people thought of my preference.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #154
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make_Lunch_Not_War View Post
It's funny but I never felt I had to "come out" with my preference for fat women. I'm assuming that the reason for this lies mostly with the fact that I've always been fat myself.

However, once I became a "mature adult" (which didn't happen until my mid-20s), I could care less what other people thought of my preference.
I mentioned the same point, I was fat and an outsider anyway so I didn't feel any pressure to live up to anyone expectation since I already didn't.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #155
TimeTraveller
Not Enough Hours in Day

Location: Small town Illinois guy now in the big city of Chicago
TimeTraveller has super-sized repTimeTraveller has super-sized repTimeTraveller has super-sized repTimeTraveller has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Brian View Post
I mentioned the same point, I was fat and an outsider anyway so I didn't feel any pressure to live up to anyone expectation since I already didn't.
I was an outsider too, but it was because I was a nerd long before nerds were cool. As an outsider it was incredibly liberating to think for myself and not really care what others thought. They didn't expect me to fit in anyway. One example was typing class in high school in the early 1970s. Back then we had mostly manual typewriters and a few electric models. I like to brag I built my own steam-engine-powered typewriter, and instead of a bell it had a calliope whistle (not true but it breaks the ice at parties). Anyway, some of the jocks used to corner me and pick on me: "Ha ha! You're in a class with all the girls!" That is, until I pointed out, "Yes. I'm in a class with all the girls. And you're not." Gradually it began to dawn on them that there might be something to that typing nonsense, and a few football players actually turned up in typing class! Nowadays of course typing is a great skill.

Maybe that's why I didn't catch much flak for dating the fattest girl in high school. I might have had oddball ideas, and even if my classmates couldn't comprehend it, most seemed to think there was method in my madness. So if that nerd wants to date a fat girl, well, more power to him. How do you like that? A nerd who became repectable!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #156
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

See, I basically didn't give a shit what anyone thought about me. I had been told for years I was not one of them and was not welcome in the popular crowd so when the chubby girls started catching my eye I didn't have any pressure to meet their standards.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:41 AM   #157
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging in

I think maybe it's easier for FFA's than for male FA's, cause women are expected to be more interested in personality and such whereas guys are stereotyped as being very visual (and of course everyone knows only thin ppl can be visually appealing ). I just tell anybody who cares to know "I like chubby guys, I think they're cute". Nobody's freaked out about it or even really seemed surprised. Coming out as bi is actually harder for me, but prolly because I'm still a bit unsure of my (gender) orientation, i.e. I'm more sure that I like fat guys then I am that I like women (of any size). I do wonder sometimes if ppl see me in my wheelchair and think "Well, of course you have to "aim low", poor thing" and I would imagine that also happens with FA's/FFA's who are fat themselves. But I think you have to not worry what others think and just do what (and who) makes you happy.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:26 AM   #158
choudhury

choudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this board

I don't think there is any question that it is more socially acceptable for a woman to be with a fat guy than for a guy to be with a fat woman.

This is a ricochet off the deeper societal assumption that women are defined and valued primarily in terms of looks (with 'fat' being automatically assumed to be less appealing); while men are more typically defined and valued in terms of prestige, wealth, power, etc..

For exactly the same reason, it's more acceptable for a women to be with an older man, than the reverse.
choudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 06:46 PM   #159
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think Ive become more comfortable with it due to Dims. I came here as a shy 20 year old FFA who didnt know how to respond when guys I dated made self deprecating statements due to their weight and didnt know how to cope with worry about how Id be perceived by others. Having this community was huge in being more open with my preferences and giving fewer fucks what others may think(that came with age as well).I feel due to the bear scene, my gay friends have been some of the most accepting. I ended up coming out to one of my gay best friends after he set me up with a more athletic type on a blind date a couple of years ago. The majority of people just want me to be happy (and if Im in a satisfying relationship with a fat guy they are cheering me on). Most of my family knows and have been positive. I had a recent conversation with my brother that went as such:

Me: Im really interested in a guy I met through this website for chubby chasers.

Brother: Well they can't all be skinny like A (our sister fiancee). Im happy for you. You're a good judge of character and Im glad you aren't dating your ex anymore
Old 06-05-2016, 10:17 AM   #160
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging in

Well, I just came out in my school's class of 2020 Facebook group chat, it was surprisingly cool and low-key:
Person 1: Posted pic of a burrito wrapped in a quesadilla
Me: Jack Black makes something like that:
In addition to being hilarious and adorable, Jack also has very similar taste in food to me. Clearly he is my soulmate.
Person 2: Jack black adorable??? Um ok lol
Person 3: Lol
Me: *blushes* I'm a bit of a chubby chaser
there I said it whew it's good to be "out" lol
Person 3: Haha that's cool
We're all different
Person 4: It takes every type of person to make the world go around.

Only a handful of my classmates-to-be are there now, but the chat stays up and I'm sure word will get around.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #161
Harley Rider

Harley Rider has said some nice things
Talking Didn't really have to

Never had to really "come out". Always dated the biggest girls in school/college. Parents and friends hated me. Made comments like, "Why do you always go after the big jobs?" And I am like cause that is what I like and find sexy!!!
Then when I married my X she was 400, and they would not accept her always looked down on her.
Now single gain and looking they said to me, "So, you get the big ones out of your system?" And of course I told them, H@LL NO!!!!
Harley Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:01 AM   #162
Van

Van does more than just post hot picsVan does more than just post hot picsVan does more than just post hot pics

I have recently come out to the whole world that I am a fat admirer. Almost everybody who knew me pretty much figured, because almost all of the women I dated were big. When I was a kid, I was ashamed of it. Now it is my trademark. It is me. It is attributed to the fairly unique person that I am.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:36 AM   #163
lovelymars908
BHM Writer

lovelymars908 has said some nice things

I never found myself the need to come out. Why? I don't exactly consider myself an FFA. At all. I just came to the realization that I can be attracted to bigger gentlemen too. Even when I told my family, it wasn't a huge revelation and all felt normal.

This may sound off-topic, but I'm not so much concerned with my physical preferences on what's attractive then I'm more concerned with me coming out being asexual. Yeah, I'm definitely busy dealing with that. And yes, it does have to do with a lot of my personal position in the FA community as a whole. I'm not looking at any relationships because I don't care about that right now, and I really don't consider fatness to be a fetish. I find it all very fascinating than arousing.

The point being... I'm only in the FA community because it's the hub where fat people are the focus and acceptable, and it doesn't need to get further than that. However, I think I feel a bit shunned for my... very unique position as an ace.
lovelymars908 is offline   Reply With Quote