Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 11-28-2015, 12:27 AM   #1
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Cellulite

I've always been pretty happy with my fat body for the most part, but I have a few "flaws" that continue to nag at the back of my head: my behind-the-knee rolls that make me self conscious about shorts, my slight "front butt" belly (I hate that term, my fiance thinks it's cute), and cellulite.

I'm almost thirty now, and I've found that while my weight has fluctuated some over the years, I seem to have more cellulite now than I used to. There's even a little on my arms, and I'm not a fan. I'm more sedentary than I used to be and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it, or if it's an age/genetic thing and something I just need to accept.

Will exercising more and doing strength training help even out cellulite? If I gain or lose weight, will I become more, or less dimpled? Does more cellulite typically come with age? What have you experienced?
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #2
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I've always been pretty happy with my fat body for the most part, but I have a few "flaws" that continue to nag at the back of my head: my behind-the-knee rolls that make me self conscious about shorts, my slight "front butt" belly (I hate that term, my fiance thinks it's cute), and cellulite.

I'm almost thirty now, and I've found that while my weight has fluctuated some over the years, I seem to have more cellulite now than I used to. There's even a little on my arms, and I'm not a fan. I'm more sedentary than I used to be and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it, or if it's an age/genetic thing and something I just need to accept.

Will exercising more and doing strength training help even out cellulite? If I gain or lose weight, will I become more, or less dimpled? Does more cellulite typically come with age? What have you experienced?
A healthy diet, resistance weight training, along with lots of water and daily walking will improve the unwanted dimpling considerably.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:30 PM   #3
extra_m13

extra_m13 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesextra_m13 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesextra_m13 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default cellulite

this is a subject i like to talk about. answering your question. there is plenty of information about cellulite on the web. it is caused by many factors. of course a healthier lifestyle can reduce the cellulite, tough still more than 90% of woman have it. meaning, more water, less fat, exercise, etc.

my personal take? i say 95% of women have cellulite. of course the chubby one will have it much more visible and easy to feel. i find it really sexy to squeeze a belly and to see more dimples. to see a leg and the more dimples the more i like. it is a thing of beauty if you ask me.
extra_m13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:31 AM   #4
martinnathalie92

martinnathalie92 has said some nice things

Cellulite is an odd one because even the skinniest models get it! As extra_mn13 said, 90% of women, and it is not even indicative of being unhealthy.

Eating less fats, particularly saturated fats and sugars will help but only combined with exercise. Weight training is probably one of the best ways to tone and, therefore, eliminate cellulite, whilst cardio is also important for weight loss and overall health which contributes.

This being said I have tried for years to get rid of cellulite and it is tough! Generally keeping up a healthy lifestyle will help to lessen its appearance so that you are happier with it.

Best of luck!

Nat x
martinnathalie92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 06:01 PM   #5
BBW MeganLynn44DD
Perfectly Round

BBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I have noticed as I've gotten older the cellulite has gotten worse.Also I have gained as I've gotten older,so I'm thinking they go hand in hand.I walk quite a bit.Try to everyday after or before work.Trying to stay fit and fat!
BBW MeganLynn44DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:19 AM   #6
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I know nobody is going to believe me, but I like cellulite. And stretch marks, too. These features are often described as "flaws" but their only flaws to people who choose to consider them as such. I personally enjoy these physical features. I consider them like little details in a beautiful painting.

Just my way of seeing it, though.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:55 AM   #7
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Cellulite is rare in men, but it happens. It usually occurs when the male has either excess estrogen (due to hormone therapy for cancer or hyperactive estrogen production), or suppressed androgens (due to androgen insensitivity or low T). I have it to a degree, but not to the extent a lot of women do.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:36 AM   #8
BigCutieFleur

BigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging inBigCutieFleur makes people happy simply by logging in

I don't have it, but a lot of skinny friends have a lot of cellulite, so is not always a matter of weight in my opinion. However,I do have some strechmarks on my belly and on my boobs... I hated them for years... now I find them cute!they're just a part of me.
BigCutieFleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:04 PM   #9
LumpySmile

LumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
I know nobody is going to believe me, but I like cellulite. And stretch marks, too.
I know exactly where you're coming from, because I feel the same way. No one believes me either when I say I like them. But the fact is, I'm a very tactile person, and I love the feel of such discontinuities in the skin.
LumpySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:54 AM   #10
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I like cellulite. Not because of cellulite, but because of the woman having it. It means she is real. I'm not saying that women without cellulite aren't real.
I like when women or men, don't look like they are presented in magazines : it is real life.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:54 AM   #11
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieFleur View Post
I don't have it, but a lot of skinny friends have a lot of cellulite, so is not always a matter of weight in my opinion. However,I do have some strechmarks on my belly and on my boobs... I hated them for years... now I find them cute!they're just a part of me.
Weight has nothing at all to do with cellulite. More than 80% of women have it to some degree. Genetic and hormonal factors seem to influence the formation of cellulite. Men don't have the genetic markers for cellulite, but hormonal imbalance will cause some men to develop it.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:40 AM   #12
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't think I had it until after 30, or at least that's when I remember first noticing it. Maybe weight makes it more visible? I don't mind it
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:06 PM   #13
ElyBiggs
The agony of delete.

ElyBiggs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesElyBiggs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesElyBiggs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I have accumulated a lot of cellulite in the past three years or so. It's really made me pretty uncomfortable with my unclothed thighs, despite knowing that most women do have it to some degree.
I read once that the appearance of cellulite has to do with how a woman's skin tends to be thinner than that of the average man, and how our collagen fibers are aligned differently than mens'.
ElyBiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:36 PM   #14
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElyBiggs View Post
I have accumulated a lot of cellulite in the past three years or so. It's really made me pretty uncomfortable with my unclothed thighs, despite knowing that most women do have it to some degree.
I read once that the appearance of cellulite has to do with how a woman's skin tends to be thinner than that of the average man, and how our collagen fibers are aligned differently than mens'.
Interesting, that would also probably fit in with the idea of it being hereditary as well as, some women probably inherit thicker skin. I am an Ssbbw and I don't have cellulite, yes I am flabbergasted that I don't have it, but I would say it is a combination of hereditary factors and being a female.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #15
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I think you should embrace every part of your body and love it. It's who you are and it's unique. That's the only way to truly be happy
Old 01-28-2017, 05:45 PM   #16
ElyBiggs
The agony of delete.

ElyBiggs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesElyBiggs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesElyBiggs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyJo1976 View Post
I think you should embrace every part of your body and love it. It's who you are and it's unique. That's the only way to truly be happy
I'm working toward that every day. Some days are good, some not so much, but it's still progress.
ElyBiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:49 PM   #17
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I'm working toward that every day. Some days are good, some not so much, but it's still progress.
Keep at it though. I think it's vital every person have a healthy sense of self worth. Of course, that implies balance and a lot of people lack that! Some people have too high a sense of self importance and that's not good. Others plunge into self loathing and that's no better. Balance is surprisingly difficult to come by and is a daily struggle for most people. You're not alone in this!
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:17 AM   #18
BigCutieCharity

BigCutieCharity can now change their title

I'm starting to notice arm rolls getting more and more prominent on myself and it's been hard for me to appreciate them... so I understand where you're coming from.
BigCutieCharity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #19
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have my share of it on my legs hips and butt so I wear spanx to work and out shopping. At home I let it all hang out LOL
The butt in the front has gotten really big but I don't mind because I always wanted a big belly I couldn't hide. Its just lower than I expected it would be.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #20
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
The butt in the front
Did you just make that up lol!
Old 07-05-2017, 03:45 PM   #21
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

No actually I was at the store waiting in the checkout lane and a little boy said "look Mommy that fat lady has a butt in the front".
I just smiled and the Mom was horrified at what her child said.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #22
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
No actually I was at the store waiting in the checkout lane and a little boy said "look Mommy that fat lady has a butt in the front".
I just smiled and the Mom was horrified at what her child said.
Priceless!
Old 07-05-2017, 05:01 PM   #23
Tracii

The lady apologized profusely with Ma'am I am sooo sorry that was so rude of him.
I said its OK he's a kid they don't know any better.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:54 PM   #24
Tracii

Lots of average sized women have it .
Old 11-06-2017, 08:15 PM   #25
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Moderator Note

Hello everyone, DragonFly here with a bit of a organization and board guidelines interruption. I only went back to the recent posts with in the last 3 months and have deleted posts that were not from the BBW Group. This is the BBW forum and this thread got a little off track. To help keep this a more BBW focused from a BBW perspective board, I removed some posts. The posts themselves were not necessarily problematic, it is the location. I looked around but could not find another thread where they would fit. Thank you in advance for your understanding,

DF
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote